Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lord of the Antedeluvians

On 2007-02-12 09:05, magenta wrote:
    I and many others also invested money and time in this game, but we see no reason to hack/cheat when we get bored or had enough of it.
    When will you and others accept be able to accept that part of the game is to accept what you can get/achieve and accept what you cant... you cant have everything in this game. I didnt bitch moan cry when i couldnt find pyscho wand for months of psobb.. well i probably did..but i didnt resort to cheating because to do so is pointless and defeats the purpose of the game.
    Defeats the purpose of the game? Ok, well you've obviously lost sight of what a "game" actually is supposed to be. Without quoting the many definitions, let's just say the bottom line is that a game is supposed to be "fun." When that game ceases to be "fun," yet the participant(s)want it to be "fun," they'll make it enjoyable however they can. It's human nature.

Some people enjoy grinding until their hair falls out. Others don't. Like I said earlier, some people just elect to play the game differently and you need to accept that.

Not everyone is like you.

Real living is living for others.

agreed not everyone is like you,me personally i hated grinding the same lvl over and over again it got very repedetive i found my self sleep-playing thats how bored i got,so what if people hacked to get the items/weapons they wants its not effecting anyone but themselfs

and now that many have moved on to 360 or has stop playing all together,only god kows how long the ps2/pc version will last,this game was great but then sega started with the delays of items/weapons and they still do it to this day all they are doing is milking your pockets of every
    dime they can get there hands on

i mean look atthe new p.a that they promised last friday,opps i forget tec problems,how can you have tec problems for something that is already on a disk ? like i said all they want to do is prelong everyone playing to get every last dime in your walet and thats ok for some of you because most of you are kids and mommy and daddy picks up the bill.

but for most of us that are adults,we tend to get angry cause we see whats truly happening
    and some of us find a different way to play, a way with no restrictions a way that we dont have to wait for some money hungry corp monster to waittill the end of the month to get there mouths wet it our hard erned money to get what we want.

like i always say the downfall of psu for pc/ps2 was not the hackers but you guys reporting everyone on site that had weapons/meseta/items that you did not thats why 70% of the game community in psu has either dyed or moved on

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Alistor, it may be on the disc, but the code was not on the US servers to activate it. In localizing the code, they ran into problems. Trust me, the most seemingly innocuous changes in something so simple as text can cause buffer overflows and crash things. I run into it on a weekly, if not daily, basis. Saying "It's already there, so it's easy to unlock!" is very much a misnomer, and displays a lack of knowledge about how programming, and more specifically, localization works. They ran into issues, and rather than causing everyone that wants to pick up an Ultimate PA to, I dunno, crash, maybe corrupt a character, they took the time to fix the issue. Which isn't always as easy as looking at it and knowing precisely where the problem lies.

wow i didnt know legits even care about offline mode ? here's an idea why dont you just report him like all of you psow wicth hunters do ? go and complain to sega that he is cheating offline,this is so pathedic who cares what he does its his money he spent on HIS game.If he want to cheat offline so let him be maybe hes actually tired of this crappy game i mean hey i dont blame him heh
    First off, this is flamebaiting. Don't attack or indirectly attack other members of the site. And calling an amorphous group of people "witch hunters" is flamebaiting. Second, everyone has their own play style. I could care less what you do offline, although I personally think that hacking a game in order to "beat it" or "get everything so I don't have to workfor it" goes against development principles and is obviously not the way the game is designed to be played. Hence, I am against it in broad terms. You can't report someone for hacking offline. You don't sign the TOS when playing offline, there's no offense. Online, on the other hand, you break the rules, you get reported, good for you, enjoy the ban. Just as in real life, games have laws, and when you get caught, it's only your own fault and you must face the consequences.

but like i said b4 it's all boils down to envy, it's not about the tos to you guys and its not about princibles with you,stop lying to yourself and ask yourself why am i really reporting these people,they didnt effect you in anyway your just using the tos as a scape goat.

your really reporting these people because you wish you had the skill/talent to even hack the game to get what you want sorry but most of us have lifes outside the game, and cant sit there grinding the same lvl for 7 to 8 hrs and if we feel that we want to hack to enjoy the game a lil bit more then so be it. where not affecting you in anyway its our 10.00

second of all its ok for you guys to go on wicth hunts then say omg hes a hacker and lable someone cause he has 4 s weapons and then post pics of this person and request everyone to report to get that person banned but im wrong for calling all of you wicth hunters oh plz give me a break

this is why like i said so many times is why 70% of the population is banned in psu not cause of hackers but cause psow went out on wicth hunts and spent time actually looking for hackers thats just plain sad and as for the offline comment,i guess you dont reconize when some1 is being sarcastic >.>

in conclution i just want to add cause i know i might get banned around here for expressing my feelings >.> because if your not with psow then your against them which i came to that realization a long time ago and plz dont deny it,but anyway im getting offtrack of what i was gonna say

what i was gonna say is its not the hackers that messed up the community it was people like you guys always complaing on who has what thats why pc/ps2 is dying out and yes there will be people playing yes this is true but it wont be a community like it was when it 1st started and yes you all can have your psu because like i said b4 you feel its only for yourself and not anyone else

thank for your time
    AL1STOR

retired psu personality AL1STOR LVL 67 to all my friends i left behind you will not be forgotten

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AL1ST0R on 2007-02-12 15:19 ]</font>

Since you quoted me, I was talking about his experiences with the whole Phantasy Star series.these items are available if your willing to spend some time. And once again it's the same old arguement don't blame the player for stepping "out of bounds" blame everyone else.whether you like it or not this game is about grinding and it seem's to me that you prefer to take the easy way out.There's no envy for people who take this route.
    It seem's like I've been here before.

The Original Tanking Fomarl and Goddess

Defeats the purpose of the game? Ok, well you've obviously lost sight of what a "game" actually is supposed to be. Without quoting the many definitions, let's just say the bottom line is that a game is supposed to be "fun." When that game ceases to be "fun," yet the participant(s)want it to be "fun," they'll make it enjoyable however they can. It's human nature.
    all games have rules to them, if break the rules youre actually no longer playing the game, and shortcuting to aims defeats the purpose of it.

so what if it gets boring, then dont play the game anymore. dont hack and cheat and ruin a balance with other players who abide by the rules. thats being indeed selfish.

Some people enjoy grinding until their hair falls out. Others don't. Like I said earlier, some people just elect to play the game differently and you need to accept that.

Not everyone is like you.
    please be a dear and read that again, but say it to YOURSELF this time.

as for the original poster. well if hes doing his stuff "offline" then *shrug* up to him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magenta on 2007-02-12 16:24 ]</font>
    PSU Elite-Anti-Elitist
    lv150 Magenta
    Fight Master 20 / Fortefighter 20 / Fight Gunner 10 /

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

in conclution i just want to add cause i know i might get banned around here for expressing my feelings >.> because if your not with psow then your against them which i came to that realization a long time ago and plz dont deny it,but anyway im getting offtrack of what i was gonna say
    While you've come close, you haven't done anything yet that would warrant you a ban, or even a suspension. I think you're safe there for now, just make sure to keep a cool head.

Wow, Arislan pwn't lol

no this game is about sega delaying things as much as possible to milk you our of more and more money

On 2007-02-11 21:39, Crono114z wrote:
    Wtf Sychosis? Did you even read his post? He's not mad at the fact that items he would have to acquire normally would take forever or he would have to wait until they are released, he's mad because Sega made the PC version connect online to play offline mode story.
    no u.

Seriously, why don't you take your own advice and actually read?

On 2007-02-11 23:36, isahn80 wrote:
    The only thing flawless here is your level of blind intolerance. He PAID to play this broken, half-completed game, so he has every right to get everything he paid for, if not more. Honestly, anyone that's content with the state the game is in now (which would be totally different had Sega taken certain steps; I mean look at other MMO's that are thriving or at least have stable communities and compare it to this bullshit) probably enjoys getting bent over as well.
    Correct. He paid for the game. Does anyone contest that he did indeed receive his game? No? Then let's move on. He paid monthly fees for the use of SEGA's service, which he was given. He did NOT pay a monthly fee for access to all the content on the disc. Period.