Ever since PSU was released in Japan last August and that teaser image with the title Ambition of Illuminus was revealed, a fair amount of speculation has been going around on exactly what this was. Many wrote it off as what's currently being released online as PSU Ep.2 despite evidence stating otherwise. For example, at the bottom of the image, it says the following:

hatsubaihi mitei
kakaku mitei

Translation:

date of sale undecided
price undecided

Despite pointing this out to some, it was still written off as nothing. Now, I've got even more evidence proving that Ambition of Illuminus is more than Ep.2. (It almost seems that this may turn out to be Ep.3.)

According to a couple of articles recently posted at Shougai PSO, pulling their information from an interview in the 02.23 issue of Famitsu Connect!On, development of Ambition of Illuminus is wrapping up. The expansion is expected to go on sale this year, but an actual date is still in the air. Also, a network wide trial is being planned to do some "final brushing up" on the game. Other in-game improvements are to be expected as feedback and ideas are gathered from the user base. (One specific detail mentioned is the possibility of more functional partner cards.) In the interview, it was asked if costumes and weapons from PSO would make their way into PSU. SEGA's response... "we would like to." It was also asked if extras such as PSO's battle mode and lobby soccer would make a return. SEGA responded by saying that they are looking into the introduction of new modes of play that will differ from what PSO had to offer. One last thing; it was asked if the cap on how many Photon Arts you could know at once (36) would be increased. It turns out that there are no plans to increase this limit, the reason being that a process of "trial and error" as far as what PAs you would have your character learn are considered "essential to type selection."

Hopefully some more info on this will come up soon. I'll keep you guys updated as I find out more.

EDIT: Spelling. "Illuminus," not "Illumines."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-25 07:47 ]</font>