Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They're all on Genesis except PS1, which is on Sega Master System, right?

Or GBA now.

That's correct, Eihwaz. PS1 is on the Master System, PS2-4 are on the Genesis. Alternately, you can get PS1-3 on the GBA, but PS4 hasn't appeared anywhere else, I don't think. It *might* be in some sort of a compilation somewhere, but as far as I know, the only legitimate means of playing it at this point is to just find the Genesis cart.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Incorrect, PSIV is available on the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2 and PSP. (Along with 2 and 3, but those were previously available.)

Whatever the hell kept them from re-releasing it, they finally got over it.

(Sega Genesis Collection is a recent release, came out in like... November last year? It's twenty bucks. Worth it for PSIV alone. Heh, actually, the blurb about PSIV mentions how expensive it was for the PSIV cartridge and tells you to think about how much the SGC cost and then says 'You're welcome', heh.)

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

When I used to sell video games back in the day, we sold PSIV for about 89.99 and we had 250 copies, which all sold out in one day. >.>;;

Based on just rumor - I've heard that Sega actually lost the original code for Phantasy Star IV. All they had were the already compiled ROMs as a backup. This prevented them from adding it to the GBA collection (since those titles were re-coded for the hardware) but did allow for it to be run on the PS2 collection (which emulates Genesis hardware).l

I've heard that this is also the reason for the delay or cancelation of the Generation III remake.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

On 2007-02-27 23:25, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Incorrect, PSIV is available on the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2 and PSP. (Along with 2 and 3, but those were previously available.)
    Actually, my statement was correct, as I was speaking of my own knowledge. The fact is that I was uninformed about the Sega Genesis Collection.

Sinue, didn't we hear about the whole thing with the code being missing from the THQ rep that visited the PSDB, when they were preparing to release Phantasy Star Collection?

<_<

You know, with all the tools they've got, you'd think they could reverse-engineer PSIV easily enough to be able to re-build the source code for a new platform. I mean hell, all they need to do is extract the game data resources and build a new client for them. I'm almost tempted to do it, myself.

>_>

If I had that level of programing skill, I would.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-02-28 11:36 ]</font>

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I'm not sure about that. I wasn't around on the PSDB when that post was made. It's always just been a rumor to me.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

From what I've heard, PSIV wasn't included in the GBA compilation merely because of size. The data for PSIV was too much for the cart, which was pretty filled up from PSI-III.

You'd think they'd have to code it from scratch anyway, but what the hell do I know?

Ah well, PSIV is probably least in need of a remake anyway.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.