Poll Question: Will we see at least the first two games here in some form? Will Generation 4 (3?... How are they going to number that, anyway?) be revived in the future and the trilogy localized and released here together as was originally intended? Or maybe in some other form???

With the remake of End of the Millennium put on indefinite hold following the break-off of Sega's deal with 3D Ages, the games' release here has been put into question.

I believe it was required of Sega of America by SCEA to put all three PSG games together and release at a budget price. In March 2005, many of the other Sega Ages titles were put into a compilation by Conspiracy Entertainment and released here as the Sega Classics Collection. A similar scenario occurred with Space Channel 5 Special Edition (which was published here by Agetec and included both the original's PS2 port and its sequel).

Personally, I think they would be a great fit for Xbox Live Arcade. It's not exactly the same scenario, I know, but Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is getting an XBLA release soon. If a title of that scope can be brought to the arcade, there may be a chance for these two to find a home there as well. Maybe even some of the better, other Sega Ages titles could see a re-release on the service as well.

Digital Eclipse is the company handling C:SotN, and has released numerous XBLA titles and has actually worked with Sega before with the Sega Genesis Collection (the more-recently released emulated compilation rather than aforementioned remakes).

I'd prefer a material, retail disc release, of course, but I'd be more than willing to on this with the last title currently MIA. Who knows? Maybe even after a release on Arcade, the trilogy may still see a PS2 release together.