Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Oops?

Lol and just for the "know" I keep my page on General and I just refresh it :3

I don't really surf the other forums.

I guess that's why Sychosis calls it the "Abyss".

Well Mayhaps I'll float around a bit more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-02-28 18:50 ]</font>

astuarlen covered most of my gripes. But like DLShAdOw mentioned, the hyperlinked names seem a bit redundant what with the profile icon beneath every post. I prefer to keep the icon, the names blend in with the background and make them harder to read in general.

My two biggest gripes though are the avatar alignment and HUGE TOPIC TITLE TEXT.

Thanks DLShAdOw.

I think I actually like the page links better on the right as well. The problem is that threads that have many pages can cause the link list to look very disorganized with it's like this (especially if it's in the same row as the topic and reply buttons). I'll tinker with that a bit as well and see what I can do.

As for the hyperlinking of the usernames, I'm on the fence with that addition, so I'm not opposed to changing it. I know that it probably takes away from the look of things in themes where links are underlined. Let me ask you guys this, would you prefer if the avatar linked to a person's PSOW profile? Right now, it links to whatever home page they have specified, and I don't think it's a feature that really gets used for anything.

On 2007-02-28 18:56, Tomeeboy wrote:
    Let me ask you guys this, would you prefer if the avatar linked to a person's PSOW profile? Right now, it links to whatever home page they have specified, and I don't think it's a feature that really gets used for anything.
    I would definitely prefer it linking to their profile. I've never found a need to go to someone's webpage. Ever.

Yes, I agree. Linking the avatar to the profile would be great, and that way the names can keep their old color.

And Sychosis, I actually never noticed the profile button at the bottom of each post before >_>

Edit: Also I'm in agreement with Ast about the funky highlighting in mood: joined: and stuff. It was fine solid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2007-02-28 19:17 ]</font>
    You mean why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? WUH-HUH!

Cool, glad you're open to revisions. I understand it's a huge undertaking to revamp a site (I have my own leetle page), so I definitely appreciate the effort.

As for linking the avatar to profile, that makes a lot of sense to me; it's much more intuitive than the homepage link (and if you're really interested in the latter, you'll make the extra click to profile).

The New Topic button in viewforum.php hasn't been changed yet, at least for the True-Blue theme.
    PSO2 - Katagai [Ship 2]

On 2007-02-28 19:24, Genji wrote:
    The New Topic button in viewforum.php hasn't been changed yet, at least for the True-Blue theme.
    The revisions to viewforum.php aren't enabled just yet, since we are focusing on getting viewtopic modified as best as possible. Since some of the elements on the viewtopic pages will also carry over to the viewforum pages, it's probably better to wait.

Astuarlen said basically everything I was going to.

Avatar spacing, highlights on the info list, the alignment of such, large topic text are all especially distracting; and Pete looks too busy on the new topic button. I'll grudgingly accept the PSU look since I realise that the site is shifting away from PSO onto PSU, but Pete is big, ugly, and I don't like him so it annoys me. I think it would look fine without it.

I don't get the jaggies because I use Mira Blue-Grey, so he's on very dark gray, but I'd really rather see him gone. XD;

I also second Shuri's comment about a choice in the user profile settings to switch between the 'new' and 'old' styles, which would more or less keep everyone happy. The old perhaps updated with the online status field, but otherwise left alone.

Though I suppose that, getting rid of Pete, I would eventually like the new new topic/post reply buttons, the grey goes with the theme I use and the Post Reply at least looks understated and classy. It's just Pete. I can tell it's PSU-themed without him.

Er, but those sans Pete are about the only obvious change I see I like. ^._.^___)~~~~> The Del Ian is sorry. :<

But yeah, classic mode like in Windows XP for us Stuckists?

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

There wasn't anything wrong with how this place was before.