Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Heh, I guess some aren't used to changes. The initial sentimental is always strong regarding to something new & different. Give it a bit time & see how it is like before screaming foul.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Holy shit! I hope there's a Classic Mode button somewhere!
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

I was wondering when this was going to be implemented.

On 2007-02-28 16:16, Tomeeboy wrote:
    If there are any particular changes that you don't like, feel free to SPECIFY them.
    >_>

Erm, I'm missing some buttons up top that most users wouldn't be concerned with.

<_<

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

On 2007-02-28 16:16, Tomeeboy wrote:
    Trying out some improvements to the layout of the topic view pages. People using themes other than Blue-Steel should notice a dramatic change in the look, as a lot of ugly gray bars were replaced with the appropriately themed lines.

If there are any particular changes that you don't like, feel free to SPECIFY them. Non-constructive criticism doesn't do us much good
    I don't know how it looks for others, but I'm using the BubbleGum theme, and I haven't seen an changes for the better. I hate to be a negative Nancy, but... (aww, hell, I'll throw in some good points, too :3)

-The new avatar spacing is awkward. I think they should remain aligned with the text on the left. (Also, I swear the Joined/Posts/Status/etc text used to be completely left-justified, rather than right-justified + left-justified for the label and input text respectively. IMO this would look much better.)
    -The highlighting effect on the Joined/Posts/Status/etc labels strikes me as both unnecessary and ugly.
    -The new "New Topic" and "Reply Buttons" are more legible, but the type looks like it bleeds into itself (if that makes sense) on the "i" and "y". Kinda seems like it may have been stroked (I'm comparing it to the type on my header graphic, which seems to be the same typeface, and that looks okay).
    -Also on the button topic... axe the PM holding the "New Topic" sign--and the folder(?) icon on "Post Reply". It just makes the buttons look uneven and unmatched, plus the jagged black border on the PM is unappealing.
    -The newly huge topic title text is, well, huge and seems squished from the top and bottom (not squished as in compressed but as in it doesn't have enough breathing space). Now, I personally thought the smaller text was much more elegant and still easily legible at 1024x1280 resolution. Eh. I also thought the moderator list at the top was a good idea, since it might, maybe, possibly alert new members to who's in charge (I might, maybe, possibly be too optimistic on that point).
    -The new between-post lines are nice, though. Are you considering a similar treatment for the quote lines (I don't even know if that's possible).

Well, ah, just my opinions. Honestly, the most obnoxious change is the avatar alignment. ;o
    What can I say? I have a picky eye.

Come on guys, I already asked you to cite specific things if you don't like the new changes. Otherwise, I have no idea what is bothering you and have to assume that you're whining out of habit

Seriously, though, we want to clean up the look of the site and perhaps make it a bit more modern. It takes a lot of [free] time and effort to change things, so a complaint with no explaination isn't much better than a slap in the face or an insult

If there's something in the new layout test that you don't think is an improvement when compared with the old version (see my first post in this thread), then please post what it is and what theme you are using so I can look into it.

Thanks for the good feedback astuarlen, I agree with many of the points you made and I don't think any of those issues are unfixable.

The black jaggies on the new buttons are something that I did notice in lighter colored themes. I'll see what can be done with them. I've been thinking of some alternate things to do with the buttons (and the post icons as well) to give them all a nice new look with a touch of PSU theme (which is why Pete was included in the new topic button). I do think that the buttons need to be changed at least a little so that they match all of the themes a little better.

The avatar spacing can look a bit weird, compared to the old version. That entire user info box is going to receive some additional improvements which will hopefully make the entire thing look better. I haven't found anything that I'm entirely happy with, but I do think that the old version could use a change. I have some ideas of what I might try with that next, but if anyone has a suggestion (or an example of how it's done somewhere else), feel free to let me know.

As for the new outlines that replaced the gray bars that were everywhere, we do have something similar in the works for quotes which will get enabled in the very near future. This was the primary change that I wanted to make with this update, as I think it really helps the visual appearance of all of the themes when those lines are clean and matching the theme.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the moderator list is going to remain on the individual forum pages and may be reincarnated somewhere else on the topic pages in a future revision (as long as it's not in the way of other information or features).

OK, well Astuarlen covered most of it, the Avy alignment is driving me insane.

New topic and post reply seem good to me, but i'm using the red/black style so i can't see any jagged lines that Astuarlen mentioned, and Ast, the folder(?) isn't a folder, but a partner card.

A big thing bugging me is that you added the: This topic has x pages and moved it to the left side on the bottom. It was better on the right IMO and crowds pete while on the left.

The huge topic name bugs me too and overall everything just seems BIGGER.

My final point is the hyperlinking in everyone's member name. Honestly it's a great idea, and i've always hated having to look someone up, but with my color scheme (red/black) it is extremely noticeable, although it isn't so much for other schemes. Also for some reason the names seem bigger, but I compared and they aren't, so like I said things just seem bigger in general.

I LIKE PETE THOUGH!!!

Also, is it possible to make it stay in _old if you put it there? Cuz it changes to the new after you go to a new page.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2007-02-28 18:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2007-02-28 18:49 ]</font>
    You mean why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? WUH-HUH!

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who's noticed the new little things about the site.

I think it's nice to have a little change of things to see.

My favorite you ask? Hmhm, well that luck forecast sure is nice!

Kudos to the site members/admins responsible for it all!

XD See, at least someone appreciates it!

hey, mine got moved, urs better too!!
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Yeah. . . check Site Related.

Seriously, no one scrolls down anymore?