Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    What you call my momma?

I got not clue if that sentence is grammatically (sp?) correct or not, but i shalt not give a mouse about it.

Anyway recently we got sequels to very old sega games, like T&J3, Contra: SS, and defender. Another fancy sequel is FFX-2. Or even the awesome metroid prime, not really a sequel but a good attempt of a classic game reborn.

Remakes? Well, I didn't see none or heard of. All we got is an "attempt" to a new something, but they added too much, and it brakes the whole thing.

Point made, what game would you like to see remade, or reborn (sequel-ished)? Here are my thoughts

FF7 rehash: I loved the game, but I can't cease to think how much it would be awesome with some prettier graphics, more proportional beings (the FF7 cameos over at kingdom hearts didn't quite cut it IMO, they looked like shit (appearcance wise)), and voice acting. A little cool additions wouldn't hurt, like the game remade itself and maybe an alter ending when you hit 100% (that means % added), maybe some new limit breaks, materia, bosses, plot twists, play the game in the eyes of another character, etc.

*drools* DAMN YOU SQUARESOFT! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE FFX!

2 words...

Punch Out

Final Fantasy X was the first in the series for a lot of things:

First Final Fantasy on PS2, first to feature voice acting, first to feature that battle system it uses, first to have summons controllable in battle, first to not have EXP, first to not use levels for character growth, etc., so they probably figured that another first wouldn't hurt (but that's yet to be decided).

As for a sequel/remake, I'd also choose Final Fantasy VII for reason that it was simply the best RPG ever created by mankind. Other than that, I'd say Gunstar Heroes, GUNVALKYRIE, JSRF, StarSiege, StarCraft, Blinx, Shining the Holy Ark, Panzer Dragoon Saga, NiGHTS, Bahamut Lagoon, (Super) Punch-Out and numberous others are all worthy candidates.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

A Red Rose in a field of Dead Flowers, Eternal... Ayame's Avatar
    The field of cherry blossoms, blooming in an Autumns' rainfall...

On 2002-12-04 15:31, Dabra wrote:
    Or even the awesome Metroid Prime, not really a sequel but a good attempt of a classic game reborn.
    Yes, Metroid Prime isn't a sequel, but Metroid Fusion is. It's available for the GameBoy Advance, and is titled Metroid 4 during the intro -- thus, making it an official sequel. The story takes place right after Super Metroid (Metroid 3, for the Super Nintendo), and features classic Metroid style gameplay, for those of you (us) that don't like whole concept of Metroid becoming 3D + becoming a First Person Shooter. It's a really great game, in my opinion. Although it's sort of short (Took me 7 hours my first way through, but I can get it in about 2 and a half now), all the Metroid games are short in a sense. I was able to complete Super Metroid in 1:57, so...

But in any-case, all I had ever really wished for was a sequel to Super Metroid, and Nintendo brought that to me (Metroid Fusion), as well as a side story (Metroid Prime), in full 3D!

As for a remake...probably Final Fantasy...8, in full 3D. I know everyone loved FF7...but I liked FF8 better because of the fantasy/futuristic theme and the love story behind it (Which is why most people hated it, ironically).

And...sequel? Karnov! Remember that game for the old Nintendo...?

*crickets*

...okay, probably not. But it was a classic!

Squidsquatch

Duck Hunt!

NiGHTS: Into Dreams.....if they remade that I'd be the happiest man on Earth......

A remake would have to be Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's my favorite RPG of all time, and I think one of the most original RPGs I've played. FF 8 comes in at a close second.

I would say a sequal to Panzer Dragoon but it seems some of my prayers have been answered. So another sequal I would like would be Vagrant Story. If I'm not mistaken the credits mention that it is Chapter 1. I want more chapters!!!!!!!

More compilation discs of old school games would be great to have. Mega Man, Castlevania, Contra, Golden Axe, Space Harrier, Ecco...

As for why FF X was given a sequal I think it's because most of the hard stuff is done. Similar battle system, similar areas, people, enemies, music... Sure they changed Yuna's, Rikku's and who knows whom else's look but thats relativly easy compared to the extra work of designing the whole world and such. That's just my thoughts, it's a way to help Square save some money.
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

i'd have to say a definate sequal for FF7! like what Dabra already said, include alternate endings, but not those short crappy ones.

i think they made FFX-2 (makes me think of maths looking at that O.o) was because many people didn't want tidus to... *ahem* and probably also for more experimenting with battle systems, etc. also, for the guys, they made the costumes of yuna and rikku.. very revealing... but i think yuna's one is kinda cool though.

lol. i would wear it if i had her figure though!

Duck Hunt!
    Damn you! You said it first! We need to form a petition, now!

Chao Abuser

all of the original sonic series the green hill zone re-make included in SA2 was amazing.

oh... and ALL FF games 4-9 cos i love em all