Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Even assuming he was, in fact, 1337 enough to teleport himself around... Actually, given that it would have been within fifteen years of Palma's destruction, I suppose going by PSIII taking place some two thousand years after that, that any worldships that made it out of Algol wouldn't have gotten anywhere by then, maybe they would have been in range. But if he's in good enough condition to be running around like that, why not go *with* Eusis and company to help fight Dark Force, Mother Brain and the Earthmen? Which you think would be more important to him than running around random places in an apparently weakened condition. Eusis afterall was Alis' last descendant and he was probably somewhat concerned with him.

And why are we assuming a random no-name low-level Esper anyway? They can't all suck, else who'd get to be the next Lutz?

I'd assume that, rather than risk himself knowing the effect that would have on morale around the mansion(Consider that a thousand years later, as far as we know nobody but Rune himself, the elder who takes care of things when he isn't around and then later Kyra knows that Rune isn't actually the original Lutz, and that this is a major illusion for Kyra to have shattered based on her reaction), Lutz would have, if he felt a need for there to be Espers on any of the worldships, taken volunteers or just picked a few people who probably would have been glad to be chosen for it, and sent *them*.

Lutz only lived another 15 years after PSII, so I doubt that if he was unable to provide direct assistance with the main battles in Algol itself that he would have been running around risking himself outside of Algol either. Send younger, more replaceable people. (Cold, but eh.)

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I brought this idea up in another thread in PSU General, but thought I should post it here too.

As of right now, there isn't any solid evidence linking Phantasy Star Online to Phantasy Star Universe. However, I've noted the following:

- Phantasy Star Universe is Phantasy Star Universe

- Even if the screenshots of Ragol we've seen in Famitsu and on various websites were a VR simulation, wouldn't that still mean Ragol exists? The definition of simulation:

sim·u·la·tion
    n.

1. (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program; "a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated"
    How would one make a simulation of something that doesn't exist? And even if it didn't exist, what inspired the creator of the simulation to create environments that look exactly like those of Ragol? Coincidence? Seems very unlikely.

This leads to another question: who provided the data for the simulation? Was it a human? IF Ragol exists, how were they able to get there? Did Pioneer 2 or Coral visit Gurhal? What year did this happen? Which calender: AUW or bA/AC?

What if it were found in a ruin? Which planet and where? What is the location's significance? Who left it there? If it was left by the ancient civilization that created the Unification Points, wouldn't this mean we've had contact with Pioneer 2 in the past? Could this in turn mean the current civilization inhabiting the Gurhal System are descendants of Pioneer 2 and/or Coral? Wouldn't this also explain the origin of the weapon replicas such as the Psycho Wand and Agito? Also could it be possible that Pioneer 2 taught us how to create Newmans?

It wouldn't make any sense if some random scientist pulled this data out of his rear and created a simulation of Ragol.

What do you guys thing? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

I apologize if I've made your brain overload or explode upon reading my post.

Ninja edit: damn typos
    Ninja edit 2: tacked on some more questions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-03-07 05:12 ]</font>
    PSO2 - Katagai [Ship 2]

The First

faulty assumptions... you are suggesting someone can't come up with something that is simmiliar without any connection in reality...This is you suggesting that Ragol exists in the real world and we have traveled to other planets and fought mutated creatures in the real world...

secondly...we know that gurhal and coral are different based on the races and how they were created and when. The two timelines do not match up and have no reason to. I would imagine that pointed ears were genetically put in place to seperate them. You really don't want someone with an advantage to be somewhere without you knowing so it's actually quite logical.

On 2007-03-05 14:34, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Even assuming he was, in fact, 1337 enough to teleport himself around... Actually, given that it would have been within fifteen years of Palma's destruction, I suppose going by PSIII taking place some two thousand years after that, that any worldships that made it out of Algol wouldn't have gotten anywhere by then, maybe they would have been in range. But if he's in good enough condition to be running around like that, why not go *with* Eusis and company to help fight Dark Force, Mother Brain and the Earthmen? Which you think would be more important to him than running around random places in an apparently weakened condition. Eusis afterall was Alis' last descendant and he was probably somewhat concerned with him.

And why are we assuming a random no-name low-level Esper anyway? They can't all suck, else who'd get to be the next Lutz?

I'd assume that, rather than risk himself knowing the effect that would have on morale around the mansion(Consider that a thousand years later, as far as we know nobody but Rune himself, the elder who takes care of things when he isn't around and then later Kyra knows that Rune isn't actually the original Lutz, and that this is a major illusion for Kyra to have shattered based on her reaction), Lutz would have, if he felt a need for there to be Espers on any of the worldships, taken volunteers or just picked a few people who probably would have been glad to be chosen for it, and sent *them*.

Lutz only lived another 15 years after PSII, so I doubt that if he was unable to provide direct assistance with the main battles in Algol itself that he would have been running around risking himself outside of Algol either. Send younger, more replaceable people. (Cold, but eh.)
    When I say "Lutz", I mean it could be any Lutz: the original, Rune, the ones inbetween, from an alternate reality entirely, etc.

The particular circumstances are up to anyone's imagination/fanwank. Personally, I've always been partial to the Ruins = Noah, what with the "Pandora's Box" analogy. Maybe it took place shortly after Rolf/Eusis' and company's battle with the Earthmen. Or perhaps the ship drifted away, only to drift back into Algol a millenia years later only to be encountered by a young Rune and Alys/Lyla encountered it on some adventure.

Or maybe it wasn't Noah--maybe it was Kuran after some series of unforseen circumstances the Dark Force there rears its ugly head again only to be sealed by Rune there, which is then sucked into a dimensional wormhole, only to find itself in Gurhal, with scientists there retrofitting it with a A-Photon reactor, only for it to be infested by the SEED and turned into a HIVE, giving rise to a Dulk Fakis which then fuses with Dark Force to form some sort of uber "Darulk Falkizce" only to be sealed AGAIN by Izuma Rutsu and kicked away, where it subsequently gets sucked into ANOTHER dimensional wormhole where it finally crash lands on Ragol.

Or not.

The point I'm making here is, regardless of the circumstances, the creator's intent with that one image seems undeniable: Somehow, someway, that guy there is Lutz. Maybe not our Lutz--the Lutz, but Lutz nevertheless.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Considering that Rune is never shown to be quite as 1337 as Lutz was, I find it even less likely that it would be him. How would he get there? We can presume that he can at least occasionally teleport himself between planets since he had to get to Motavia somehow, but you'd think if he were powerful enough to go whatever ridiculous distance he'd need to/know about it to go do it, we wouldn't have had half the problems we did in PSIV. We can't really say anything about the second through fourth generation Lutzes, but you run into problems there.

If it's the Noah, why? How did it get there? Did Eusis and company manage to use their h4cker skillz to figure out the controls and send it elsewhere before they presumably died? Did Lutz? Did the Earthmen originally survive and then decide yeah, OK, let's go elsewhere? Something would have had to have happened since objects in space don't just randomly throw themselves all over the universe. A worldship is more likely for ending up somewhere else simply because, regardless of what happened to the inhabitants, it already would have been on its way out of Algol and would have kept going for quite some time even with an engine failure.

Same thing with Kuran. Why? Even presuming the DF there would rear its ugly head again, it likely wouldn't be within Rune's lifetime. And that's the kind of sequence of events one expects to find in bad fanfic, tsk.

Just because it would be cool for something to happen, does not mean that it logically could.

I think that we're both focused on different things here, though. You're focused on the idea that it would be cool and that it would have to be Lutz or Rune or whatever as a nod to PS fans, I'm focused on the idea that with facts as we know them, it just isn't going to happen.

The guy is perhaps supposed to *remind* us of an Esper, not even necessarily Lutz(Why are we assuming it's a guy, anyway? ), but it's insanely unlikely that it could ever *be* one, especially not Lutz/Rune. John Q. Random Esper, sure, that I could buy if we're insistent on it happening and not being just a random scene, but not Lutz/Rune.

*shrug*

Ok, just to refresh my memory, how did lassic find out about the power Profound Darkness had? What are the exact events that led to him coming into power? I think I understand it, but I need to reconfirm a few details. provide NPC talk locations if you can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-11 13:29 ]</font>

The First

i haven't seen anywhere that it is mentioned...so i dunno...did you check the PS sites mentioned in this topic somewhere? i think it's in someone's sig...the time line is on that site that ppl say is the best

Let's see, Lassic/La Shiec/whatever.

The compendium's timeline has this to say about the years leading up to PSI:

AW 327 - The current king, Aures Landeel, suddenly dies. In place of the less-than-one-year-old successor, Princess Alisa, the next-in-line head priest and prime minister Reipard La Shiec is entrusted with political power. However, a lady of the court, with the misconception that King Aures's death was the result of a plot by La Shiec, hides Alisa with a friend.

AW 328 - La Shiec is installed as the provisional king. Alisa lives with Motabia's governor.

AW 329 - Motabia's governor sends Princess Alisa to the home of the subordinate of a trusted retainer, where she will be raised as a common citizen. In this house, there is a boy called Nero. Alisa takes to him, and they are raised as brother and sister.

AW 338 - Princess Alisa's foster parents die in an accident.

AW 341 - La Shiec learns the secret of the Algol Solar System's genesis. Forming a space-time gate, he comes into contact with the sealed-away spirit-life form. As a result, he summons the projected body of the Profound Darkness, Dark Force, and becomes its loyal servant. That same year, a reign of terror begins.

AW 342 - Nero, investigating the reason behind La Shiec's transformation, is caught and killed at and by the hands of the special police. Alisa carries out his final wishes; she gains the help of Myau, Tyrone, and Lutz, and overthrows La Shiec and Dark Force. That year, when the governor of Motabia is told the news, Queen Alisa Landeel I is placed on the throne.

The Compendium also gives this as the story intro for PSI:

Story

The year AW 342 - Parma [Palma], the first planet in the Algol [Algo] Solar System, had reached the height of its glory, under the rule of La Shiec [Lassic]. The other planets of the Algol Solar System had been opened to colonization, and plans for the development of farm plants and resources had smoothly gone forward. Stargoing space shuttles went back and forth to the Algol Star System's second planet, Motabia [Motavia], from Parma's spaceport, and some years after the start of that, construction had begun on a spaceport on the third planet, Dezolis [Dezoris], as well.
    But, that spring, sinister rumors began to spread among the citizens...that the nobles of the ruling class that had brought La Shiec to power had been taken in by an evil religion, and that La Shiec had turned over the Algol Solar System in exchange for eternal life. Moreover, it looks as if the rumors are becoming reality. Strange creatures run rampant all throughout each planet, and the peaceful lives of the populace are imperiled.

The manual text provided by phantasy-star.net has this to say about the story:

The time: Space Century 342. The place: the three planet Algol solar system located deep in the Andromeda galaxy.

Under the democratic rule of King Lassic, life was good as he provided everything his people could want. Space Travel had been discovered 200 years before and deep space shuttles had allowed colonization of Motavia and Dezoris, the other worlds of the Algol Star System.

But slowly, over time, things began to change. It started with a new religion which was rumored to have come from another galaxy. The dark priests of this religion, never seen by any mortal, promised immortality to all who joined. You would live forever!

King Lassic was getting old. The idea of living forever appealed to him so he became the first to join. Then, he... changed. It started with the threatening suit of armor the priests made him. The armor looked evil and corrupt, and that's how Lassic began to rule his people. Outrageous taxes became a burden on everyone. Business on all three planets shut down and entire towns fell into decay. There was no way for the people to make any money.

As time passed and the people suffered, horrible creatures and monsters began to stalk all three worlds. When the dead came back to life, the people feared the worst and guessed the truth. Trough black magic, Lassic had become an evil tyrant.

But where there is evil there is always good. Brave individuals began to rally in secret against Lassic. But his Robotcops were ruthless in hunting out these defenders of the people. One was Nero, a spaceport worker in Camineet, the central town on Palma. Long ago, his father had disappeared trying to learn Lassic's evil secrets. Now, the Robotcops had crushed Nero as well. Before he died, he passed on his short sword and his quest to his sister, Alis. He also told her to find a brave fighter named Odin.

Alis raised the sword to the sky and vowed that Nero's death would not go unavenged!

Reading through PSI's script, nobody ever really mentions anything about Lassic other than that he's screwed things up around the system, so no NPC locations for you.

So basically it seems like:

Aures Landeel dies, La Shiec is put in power in his stead(Which may or may not have been orchestrated by people for some reason unhappy with Aures, the compendium implies that it wasn't La Shiec's doing, but who knows).
    One of the members of the court thinks it was La Shiec's fault and hides Alisa with a friend; she gets shifted around a bit until she ends up with Nero's family.
    La Shiec gets older, starts worrying about his own mortality. (Maybe he'd been looking for Alisa and couldn't find her and was worried about dying and leaving Algol without a ruler, perhaps things on Palma before Waizz Landeel united it weren't so great and he was worried about it falling back into chaos. Mere speculation, of course, there's nothing to back it up.)
    There's a weird new religion floating around and rumors of being able to live forever. La Shiec would of course likely be interested in such a thing, got involved in it, went crazy or got corrupted, summoned Dark Falz and got completely corrupted, and thereafter turned all crazy evil dictator on everybody.

Perhaps odd to think of La Shiec as potentially having once been good. (Then again, the governor of Motavia mentions that he'd been controlled by something and we can probably presume that he wasn't fooling around with the forces of darkness, so who knows?)

Thank you. I think I have the proof I need now to give a theory that would link all of the stories together. I'll post that soon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-14 03:07 ]</font>

The First

Hey...guess what I just learned of a new link...

in ep3 DF is known to be reborn through "infecting" the last person who beat it, but this doesn't need to jsut be beating it as proven by Flowen.

Now boss's name is called Amplum Umbra which means great darkness, but also gives a clue. If you google amplum you will get a bunch of references to flowers and umbra is used in flowers as well...

Further more D-cells start to be called "germs" and a source of spatial distortion for the cards.

Germ is usually, when talking about living organism, refering to "germinate" and "germination" which is what a flower does... oh and then we have the fact that plants are drawn to their source of food which is shown in PSU...the SEED is attracted to the Aphotons and photons are used in nano-transformers much like the way germs are used in cards...if you feed off a photons for energy you are going to have that energy in you so you make a great power source.

Hrmmm this just gives more credence to my theory >.>