Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mercenary for Hire

Hello all,
    I was curious if anyone would be willing to give me a general synopsis of the offline story because I want to have a better understanding of the online story missions...i never wanted to complete the offline because I like to play online whenever i get the chance . If some one would not mind letting me know what happened offline I would really appreciate it. If its not ok to write on this board possibly someone could private message me. Thanks alot!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eightball on 2007-03-11 15:32 ]</font>

Best answer I can give you is suck it up and play the story mode

Well, you see, there's this guy named, uh, Howard? No, Ethan. And he does things. And he has a little sister. And he meets this other guy named, uh, Gannondorf? No, Leo...

Goddamn, man, it'll take you all of a weekend to get through, maybe 20 hours, especially since you've done online and know about grinding, synthing, leveling PAs, using Shifta, etcetera. <_<

I played through story mode thinking it would help me understand the online better. I finished it and thought that's it. This has almost nothing to do with episode two. Personally I wish I hadn't wasted all those few hours that could have been better spent on my character.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

You can beat it in like 20 hours. That's under a day. Just play during server maintenance.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

Mercenary for Hire

thanks everyone...but i don't know about you but i don't have twenty hours to devote to playing just like that....and when i do get the time I like to spend in online

"Magashi, how are you still alive!"

"I knew you would come here, ifiusedyourfriendsasbait!"

*fight*

gg

Ethan fights things and.... fakis thats about it
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

wait the story was about ethan? I was only paying attention to Maya and Karen.....and any other newman character that happened to appear.

On 2007-03-12 07:06, eightball wrote:
    thanks everyone...but i don't know about you but i don't have twenty hours to devote to playing just like that....and when i do get the time I like to spend in online
    The online story missions are single player.. if you have time to play THOSE.. then you have time to play the offline missions. No one says you have to devote a ton of time to go through it, it is actually relatively short (12 chapters, which last about the same amount of time as the online ones, maybe less in some cases) so it shouldn't be a problem.. They're both single player related, you could do one chapter of offline and sign online and do whatever, as I assume you currently do with the online missions. (Play an online story mission, then go do whatever) There is practically no difference here.

Trying to create a summary of the story is difficult though, a lot of facts are condensed and thrown at you in short bursts here and there.. many things I'm sure many people overlook or don't think about that are actually quite interesting if you place them into perspective.. I can guarantee you that any summary given here will be lacking in comparison to just experiencing it yourself.

Even if you work all week long and only have a few hours on the weekend, I don't see any difference from playing the online story missions from the offline ones, when they take the same time and play out as single player anyway.. If you actually care about the story, you'd take the time out for it regardless.. I'm a writer myself, and the thought of summaries like this make me cringe anyway, but really, I don't see any given reason not to play it yourself. (Hell you could take as long as you liked doing it, by spreading out when you went through the offline missions, and spending the majority of time online, so again, it isn't as though it requires a lot out of you.)