Page 1 of 33 123411 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I've been noticing things getting more difficult as a fortefighter. More enemies are resistant to melee, those that aren't can be dangerous up close, and those that are neither are difficult to hit. Enemies that knock down are running rampant, causing us to waste PP.

Bosses that aren't dragons seem to require the use of a ranged weapon. Onma and kin spend most of their time in mid air, robotic bosses move around quickly, and Fulkis seems to 1HKO anyone within meleeing distance.

Is this just my cold making me more sensitive, or have things gotten more difficult since our lv20 dragon runs?

The First

No you are prolly right...they are most likely following the same trend PSO did

difficulty early in PSO
    Hunter had it easy
    Rangers had medium difficulty
    Forces had it extremely hard

Mid way through all of them evened out

Late game
    hunters had it extremely hard
    rangers were still in the middle
    Forces had it the easiest

You're joking right? Late game, NOBODY had it difficult.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Didn't forces suck in ultimate mode, though? Also, weren't rangers completely overpowered at the end?

The First

comparitively and if you consider the game without the hacks...

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

XD Rangers were useless in PSO

Forces only role was to support, cause damage techs did shit all in Ultimate. Melee Force ftw.

Gotta wonder what you played and played with. Rangers were greatly over powered in PSO and Forces could do plenty of damage in Ult if you did things right. Many people can attest to that.

On topic though, I guess I'm not the only one that's noticed how anti-hunter the game can be? Especially bosses... Guess maybe it's a tradeoff for being such an expert in close ranged combat and thus having strong raw power with attacks and high tanking abilities.

Sega's way of rebalancing is awkward. Instead of buffing/nerfing us or, GOD FORBID the other classes a bit *Glowers at Bows* they just make everything more difficult for the class they've decided to pick on. Hunter types in this instance.

I too find it difficult, even as a Fighgunner. Most of the melee resistant enemies are resistant to Firearms as well, rendering Forces the only efficient way to kill them (and there are a shocking number of these enemies). Anything that isn't melee resistant is given a Technic like Dambarta or Megid (in a Jarba's case it's melee resistant AND has BOTH of those Technics) so they can kick your ass if you're brave enough to get in close.

It seems more and more like Hunters are simply there to be beaten to death while Rangers and Forces mop the floor with SE4s and Technics.

Evidently, I'm not even allowed to keep myself from dying, because Tornado Dance/Mayalee Fury/Whatever else prolongs my life pisses off every random party I'm in. I just stand there with my Jogiri and watch my health bar drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-13 22:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-13 22:44 ]</font>
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Forces in PSO had it easier when they had the proper equiptment, spell level and a player who knew how tp abuse each forces specials. Had a fonewearl (154) a formarl (143)and my main was a fonewmn (17. We do well in all situations in PSO but its a factor of speed, as sure we can handle heavy areas solo with ease, it just takes time.

The difference between a Ranger and a Hunter was how easy it was to finish a room, we can wipe out large packs and only need to move abit most of the time and have no worries. But take into account equiptment, fonewearls exceled in basic techs so use equiptment that boosts it further and so forth same with fonewmn w/e. They become very dangerous "forces" (pun intended XD)in the right hands.

On topic yes I agree melee get it rough, as I have two melee characters on PSU ones 65 the other 42 and yet have a difficult time to truely solo quickly. My main (fortecher 71 of course) Can handle every situation with ease and speed. (and no I dont even have a damu spell on my main, as damu spells have a horribly ugly animation on males IMO hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sio on 2007-03-13 22:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sio on 2007-03-13 22:30 ]</font>
    Life's way more fun to laugh with the sinners then it is to cry with the saints.

My phantasy Star Universe, (pc/ps2 servers RIP lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJedXpA4d8

The First

I was doing an A rank hive run and was running into a room with 3 of those flying things...I got hit with 2 megids and that flying attack all at once and died from 100% health with like a 1 in 5 chance at surviving lol

when the only thing that makes a game hard is an unblockable 1 hit kill spell that is hard to impossible to dodge when close range fighting it's just illusionary difficulty.