Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    The Eggy Bastard

before I begin,do not dismiss this as whining,particularly if youve never played as a force/fortetecher character.

so I've been running a lot of lab recovery on S2 the past few days and in a lot of parties Im starting to observe more and more people getting rather fiesty about forces not "doing their job" and keeping everybody in the party buffed.lets get this straight:

it is not the force's JOB to keep everybody buffed.
    *on a sidenote,this applies differently to every player style becasue some people are 'support-only' forces,in which case..well,you get the point.

sure obvoiusly they are in control of the buffing spells and whatnot but if you use your SUV or nanoblast,and your buffs arent on anymore,and even if they just run out,and the force is in the middle of casting a spell,dont immediately get on the microphone and ask "why arent I buffed?"its a dumb ass question.the force will buff sooner or later.1 minute without buffs will not get you killed nor will it hurt the mission time-and if it does,tough shit.secondly:

forces are just as much offensive players as they are support.
    -again this obviosly applies differently to certain play styles.

if the circumstance arises where you arent buffed and havent been for a while,politely ask for a buff.if the guy's being a dick,thats a different story,and kick him out of your party becuase hes useless and obviously doesnt know how to curteousely party up.

I play as a fortetecher and a fighgunner and have seen both ends now myself and I dont see why people expect so damn much out of forces.its a simple mentality not to RELY on the force for buffs and healing and then when you are stupid enough to be killed without a scape doll complain that 'THE FORCE DIDNT HEAL ZOMGFUCK'

this isnt to appease shitty fortetechers either.people who dont make any effort to play like a team probably wanna rethink their gameplay strat.

frankly Im just sick of people trying to make forces into support only characters and catching shit in-mission from people about not being buffed for *30 seconds* by a force who is busy keeping himself alive or just trying to deal some damage himself and help the party move along.it happened on PSO a lot,and its starting to happen here.

's what was discussed between my friends and I once word of the buffs was coming in. We'd see the words in parties "Forces Nuke = Ban" xD

The Eggy Bastard

really?wow

I havent seen it go that far yet

one hting if the first photon arts available for forces were the buffs,thus it being their central focus to be nothing but a buffer
    that obvoiusly isnt the case

Preach brotha Preach!!!

i say we ditch figthers and go out all Fortetecher parties!!

iv done these before, and they go so much smoother....everything stands still, bows for SE, and everyone can take care of themselves, and all our nukes together = pwnage.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

The Eggy Bastard

eh,some missions are good that way,others arent.lab recovery woudl be good that way but eventually facing jarbas,forces woudl get fucked up because we cant do all tha tmuch damage to them.no virus traps,no tornado dance,just dam/rabarta -.-

generally though you need a balanced party to really get things moving nicely.part of a balanced party though is people who dont act like idiots -.-

I see what you mean though.100% techer parties are pretty fun some of the time but usualyl its way too fragile.techers dont make good tanks

Luckily I've not had the displeasure of partying with people like that, but I've heard plenty of stories of dick-headed players relying completely on forces to babysit them when they get hurt. The main problem I've had with some parties, though, is the ones who won't stand still for buffs or resta/reverser. To get around this, I usually try to cast buff refreshes on party members when they swarm on a group of enemies so that they're existing buffs won't wear off as soon. And if they still manage to not get buffed, I'll let them go. I figure if they see everyone else getting buffs applied to them and they don't stop for a second to bathe in the effects, they don't want them that badly.

we can infect and/or burn jarbas, so thats half the battle right there.

i just find all techer parties fun, not for serious parties where its like "ZOMG WE MUST FINISH FAST!!!"

nice convos too, like how we got *such n such* spell to its lvl, best places, comparing, all that...

hunters, its either ya got the combo up or not lolz

ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

I only play with my friends. Never random groups.

It's true that the Force's job isn't to follow everyone around with their rods up people's butts casting Resta constantly. We can do damage too.

It's also true that a Force who doesn't give a rip about the party and never bothers to help out at all is a noob.

It's also true that anyone, of any class who doesn't pull their weight in the team should be kicked in the head.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

i'm a support force

i ALWAYS have 10 atp,def,ata item buffs on me, and in my pallette. and healing and status healing in my palette. its sad that this goes on. some people,eh? they're so noobish and useless ...we need to "clease" the world of these ppl. hahaha Hitler may have been onto something....(omg i didnt just say that)

I RELY ON NOBODY
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT