Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1166

Seriously!

It's crappy enough that Monsters use Techniques... So when a Force gets a new technique or appearance (11, 21, etc) it's like: "Big deal. I've already seen (monster name) do that... This really doesn't fell like an accomplishment".

It's pretty screwey to have stuff like that. If other casts can dodge, why can't we? If monsters use techs, where's the glamour in us using them? It's... Aggitating. I've seen Megid used on me dozens of times now, the 11th+ one too, and I still don't have the damnded spell. >_< I want my Megids, and I want my Nos'.

While I'm on things that I would like to see in AoI...
    Why in the nine can't ForteTechers use Madoogs?!
    Even if it's only up to A rank, it makes no sense that they can't. Why can ForteGunners use Shadoogs, but no other ForteClass can? It seems dumb to restrict a caster item from the PURE CASTER CLASS. >_< I'm already steamed enough that AcroTecher gets better support tech ranks than the pure caster... But let's not go there. LOL

Simple Law: When making a Hybrid Class, you do NOT make them better at something than the PureBred class they're based on. - I thought this was science. Heh.

None-the-less... I'm liking what I see so far.
    They just need to add more for the players to actually do. Like the tumble thing... Sure you dodge, but you can't attack or anything during the time it takes to dive, roll, and recover... so I don't really see the problem in letting us. It's easy too! Hold strafe and press a direction plus another button or something. Not hard to program.

There was more I'd like to see... but I'm forgetting right now.

Edit In: OH! And the casting sound! That sharp as hell "TING!" sound! Either dull down that ear-piercing noise, let us alter it, or let us JUST turn that sound off. >_<

That, and more camera control, like adjusting distance from the character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wraithwin on 2007-07-15 13:36 ]</font>

On 2007-07-15 13:06, Octagon wrote:
    On 2007-07-15 12:24, Wraithwin wrote:
    Actually: There is one other thing I want in the expansion.
    And I really hope they add stuff like this!

In the "Endrum Remanants" (sp?) mission, there are casts that can do a sort of diving tumble evasion thing. More dodging options! Why can't we do that, huh?
    I've said this too many times to count.
    i made a thread about it....

behold the dash button

It is rather silly that they're throwing around level 30 attack technics like water. There isn't exactly any limitaiton to your learning attack techs like there was in PSO, so it means a lot of techers are gonna have just as good attack techs as our current fortetecher with only a TP stat differentiating their power.

At least with bullets and skills you can go 'Oh, but they don't get level 40 rifle or crossbow bullets' or 'They don't use Swords, though!'. You can't really do that with technics; level 30 techniques brings with it the whole kit and kaboodle.

I cannot really say for certain if it will stay this way though. I hope the gap between FT attack techs are other classes widens further, because FTs deserve the best available attack technic power. AT can be the resident healbot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-07-15 14:35 ]</font>

Why would FT need Madoogs, Rods are covering what it does, it seems totally senseless when you think about it. o.o
    Beaches and shores.

On 2007-07-15 14:34, Reipard wrote:
    It is rather silly that they're throwing around level 30 attack technics like water. There isn't exactly any limitaiton to your learning attack techs like there was in PSO, so it means a lot of techers are gonna have just as good attack techs as our current fortetecher with only a TP stat differentiating their power.

At least with bullets and skills you can go 'Oh, but they don't get level 40 rifle or crossbow bullets' or 'They don't use Swords, though!'. You can't really do that with technics; level 30 techniques brings with it the whole kit and kaboodle.

I cannot really say for certain if it will stay this way though. I hope the gap between FT attack techs are other classes widens further, because FTs deserve the best available attack technic power. AT can be the resident healbot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-07-15 14:35 ]</font>
    And they do get the best technic attack power, by a large amount too. In beta, the difference between 30 and 40 was 30%. That is a huge jump compared to previous gains.

On 2007-07-15 13:25, Wraithwin wrote:
    It seems dumb to restrict a caster item from the PURE CASTER CLASS. >_< I'm already steamed enough that AcroTecher gets better support tech ranks than the pure caster... But let's not go there. LOL
    FT doesn't Madoogs though since they have rods. Just because a class excels in a particular realm doesn't mean they need it. It's made to help out the hybrids with certain issues, including their general lack of rods for use with buffs. Also look at FF, it doesn't have double sabers while FI does. FG doesn't have cards or longbows when they are ranged weapons (though those are technically force weapons).

You should also look around a bit more. AT has lv 40 support techs now What happens on the beta doesn't mean it'll happen on the final version. This topic itself is very out of date because of that and they've already made a lot of changes to what AoI will be like.

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

On 2007-07-15 14:27, Shishi-O wrote:

I've said this too many times to count.

[/quote]i made a thread about it....

[/quote]

And so have I my friend...

so have I.
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

And they do get the best technic attack power, by a large amount too. In beta, the difference between 30 and 40 was 30%. That is a huge jump compared to previous gains.

You're right. However, the key words I should point out are: "In beta". A lot of things have changed since then and FTs could get nerfed similarly to ATs just so the monsters aren't overwhelmed.

On 2007-07-15 14:34, Reipard wrote:

Well, I don't want to flame bait but I'll say this, Beasts and CASTs have Nanoblast and SUV, and some people will say that Humans and Newmans don't have a similar ability because of their higher TP, a stat which is useless outside of Force. And even then, only half of those techs use TP. I say that if TP is the reason why Beasts and CASTs get abilities and Humans and Newmans don't, then I say add more classes with high level of attack techs, so that these races will be able to choose between more classes without being outdone by the other races.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Well, I don't want to flame bait but I'll say this, Beasts and CASTs have Nanoblast and SUV, and some people will say that Humans and Newmans don't have a similar ability because of their higher TP, a stat which is useless outside of Force. And even then, only half of those techs use TP. I say that if TP is the reason why Beasts and CASTs get abilities and Humans and Newmans don't, then I say add more classes with high level of attack techs, so that these races will be able to choose between more classes without being outdone by the other races.
    I don't think this quite has anything to do with Nanoblasts and SUVs, as having level 30 techs in a class is a universal benefit and not a race-specific one. Even if Newmans would do better, Humans, Beasts and CASTs would still have techs in the same relative power class along with higher of every stat besides TP. So newmans ultimately are still at a disadvantage in that regard.

And then there's Acrotechers. Arguably, speed is far more important than power per hit.

Mainly with regards to casting I think the difference should be very severe between an FT in particular and any other class since when you get level 30 attack techniques, you get them all regardless of what class you are; not just within your particular range of weaponry.

You do bring to mind a nice racial benefit for Newmans. It would be nice if their ability was to have a 10 level higher cap than any other race with regards to Technics. That would solve just about all of their problems; as a Newman in any casting class has a more meaningful advantage than just 'high TP'.

Another plausible way to fix this would just be to make that racial class bonus more severe too.

Regardless, I will note that, like all talk about Ambition of Illuminus, this is mere speculation and opinion and nothing more.