Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just thought I'd post somewhere after a bad experience I just had...

Me and a guy I had played with before were hunting rappies on sleeping warriors S...made a deal on the items. Since I already had a hard power charge, he could keep it if it dropped, and since he had a rabol rappy, I could keep the board if it dropped (Which is all I wanted and had searched for since easter began.)

So we search for hours...finally get the spawn. And out of the 10 spawns ive gotten..the board finally drops. However he happens to pick it up on set in order...says he'll drop it at the end. I foolishly believe him...we don't get the hard power, and he leaves party and blacklists me...and now is selling it in his shop.

Its not so much that I got ripped off here, its just that I thought I'd do the right thing (I.e not just boot him when we actually get rare spawn etc) and our deal would actually..be a deal? Anyways he tried to get me to trade things for a board that was supposed to be mine...then blacklisted me...amazing

I just cant understand why so many are ready to slit each others throat on a videogame...sure its modeled on real life and how they are...but wouldn't you think people would do the right thing anyways?

Just kind of knocked back a bit after that...kinda trying to figure out why instead of just helping each other get different things people just want to slit each others throat and be in it for themselves..

My character name is Misa btw, and just as a hunting warning, the other who ripped me off was Sesshomaru.

I found some real friends after it happened and some actually cared, but I wonder..how many of you guys actually trust each other on this game?

Because strangers are generally idiots who are self-absorbed and don't give a crap about any else other than their few friends.

Never be a fool and make a deal with someone you don't know well. Make sure you have known the person for a while first. My brother had a similar event happen to him since he was being stupid. >.> He sold someone a Bone Dance and they didn't have the money so he said he would give my brother back the money later. Turns out that 70k still isn't in my brother's pockets.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

I trust only a handful of people in-game.
    Trust is to be earned, not handed out on a regular basis. It is nice to be friendly and sociable...but the disconnect between the real and virtual personas of an individual allow such things as you described, to happen. It's always good to be on your guard.
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

-rN- Hp Printer and Coffee Maker

I only really trust most on this forum, but mainly I trust those in my own group, -rN-, I belong to and those seven players I've known since the start(Dan, Nara Sumas, Rorschach, Dubs, Raiyn, Ermizahd, and Mag Launcher). Sadly, I have no trust to those I have never played with. I know that same feeling, it's hard to find good players who are not greedy. I'm not talking about those who won't give meseta out to all those beggers, those players worked for their meseta, not hard to. I refering to those who set a deal and turn around to sell that deal to someone else for a bit more meseta even though the move was in motion.
    Sorry to say this, but that's why I rarely will farm for good items such as Hard/Power with randoms and unknowns. Somehow they need to prove themselves on a game by trying to have a bigger e-penis than others(both guys and gals). I guess cause that's the only place since they probably are weak minded in reality. This need to rip people off, to vut each others throats over an item even though terms had been set. It's really sad.
    Sorry to hear about what happened to you, Alucard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-11 08:20 ]</font>

On 2007-04-11 08:02, xXAlucard wrote:
    Just thought I'd post somewhere after a bad experience I just had...

Me and a guy I had played with before were hunting rappies on sleeping warriors S...made a deal on the items. Since I already had a hard power charge, he could keep it if it dropped, and since he had a rabol rappy, I could keep the board if it dropped (Which is all I wanted and had searched for since easter began.)

So we search for hours...finally get the spawn. And out of the 10 spawns ive gotten..the board finally drops. However he happens to pick it up on set in order...says he'll drop it at the end. I foolishly believe him...we don't get the hard power, and he leaves party and blacklists me...and now is selling it in his shop.

Its not so much that I got ripped off here, its just that I thought I'd do the right thing (I.e not just boot him when we actually get rare spawn etc) and our deal would actually..be a deal? Anyways he tried to get me to trade things for a board that was supposed to be mine...then blacklisted me...amazing

I just cant understand why so many are ready to slit each others throat on a videogame...sure its modeled on real life and how they are...but wouldn't you think people would do the right thing anyways?

Just kind of knocked back a bit after that...kinda trying to figure out why instead of just helping each other get different things people just want to slit each others throat and be in it for themselves..

My character name is Misa btw, and just as a hunting warning, the other who ripped me off was Sesshomaru.

I found some real friends after it happened and some actually cared, but I wonder..how many of you guys actually trust each other on this game?
    That stinks. I find the climate of pickup groups so distasteful that I cannot bring myself to do it on any level where I care about the drops. Your situation is obviously worse since you had played with the person before. I've had people I have partied with a bunch ask to join me on runs, and after I tell them I am searching for something in particular, they tell me if they pick it up they'll sell it to me cheap. So, yeah, in general the videogame players are no different than the assholes and inconsiderate douchebags in real life.

Hope you find your board.

I find that absolutely hilarious.

That right there is one of the reasons why I generally DON'T rare hunt. Spending hours upon hours of my life in the frivilous persuit of some piece of digital knackery (e-bling) is complete bullshit, and then to have it swiped out from under me by either random newbs (expecially newbs who dupe and have like 15 of them in storage.. "Oh, Oh... but I need a legit one! ... cocksuckes!) , or by people I thought were friends. Luckily the latter doesn't happen much at all. Still, "rare hunting" often brings out the worst in people, so I tend to have as little to do with it as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-04-11 14:18 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I'd help you hunt one, but I REALLY need to do some of my English homework.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

The reason ppl on 360 scam so much is because cheaters do not have the luxury of hacking tools or begging for handouts from hackers.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-04-12 01:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:
    The reason ppl on 360 scam so much is because cheaters do not have the luxury of hacking tools or begging for handouts from hackers.
    Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's not the case.

The reason people scam on the 360 version, is because people are gullable enough to let them get away with it.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!