Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It came to my attention today, that Phantasy Star III may very well have introduced the concept of Beasts as a race into Phantasy Star's associated elements. This, of course, means that Beasts aren't nearly as new as we think. See for yourself.

That's the Beastess mob, and its palette swaps include Trogress and Demoness. Then there's also:

Catwoman, which palette swaps into Tigress and Lioness. There's a few other mobs that are similar in concept to the Beast race, though these are the two that most resemble it. What does everyone think?

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I read something about this in an interview in an issue of EGM, gimme a sec and I'll quote it...
    "We considered adding the Motavian farmer race from the old Phantasy Star games, and that evolved into the beastman idea" -Takao Miyoshi

Yeah, Takao confirmed that the Beast race were designed after Motavians. They just don't look anything like Motavians, because apperantly nobody wants fucking aliens in their space sci-fi anymore.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Yeah. We go from having talking cats, short blue furry things and tall green hairless things as intelligent, if not always cooperative races and even party members to humans, pointy-eared humans, and dog-girls/boys. -_-

So much for diversity.

Yes, PSO did it first, but as far as we know Coral is a single planet and the 'homeworlds' part of the DC intro is incorrect, certainly no other mention is ever made of there being more than one world of origin for PSO's people. Hence no real reason or way in PSO of having alien races. Guhral's got three inhabitable planets though. (And probably some incredibly fucked up tides with them all that close to each other.) You'd think they could do... Something more creative?

But yeah. Lack of aliens in fucking sci-fi for the lose.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2007-04-15 06:50, Ian-KunX wrote:
    (And probably some incredibly fucked up tides with them all that close to each other.)
    Actually the Parakubana Beach is quite calm. Maybe there are stabilizers to make it so that the oceans don't do that kind of thing.

That's because you're there at the one time of day that half the continent isn't underwater or half the seabed dry.

(Seriously, WTF is up with total unreality of gravity in things, though? Algol should have crazy tides, Guhral should have crazy tides, hell, Ragol should have them with that big-ass moon... Tsk.)

On 2007-04-17 10:26, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Seriously, WTF is up with total unreality of gravity in things, though? Algol should have crazy tides, Guhral should have crazy tides, hell, Ragol should have them with that big-ass moon... Tsk.
    You make me want to see a mid-ocean extreme high tide. No shore for it to wash up on, just the gravity of a celestial body pulling the water up into a near point in the middle of the ocean.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Dude, that would be so freaking awesome. XD

0.0 ^____^
    I wanna' draw it, it'll be crap, but I want to!

The beach would not be so dry if that was the case. and the city would also be wet too wouldn't it in what you're proposing. Water does not dry up that fast.