FKL's Defense Attorney

I shamelessly laugh at the misfortune that I probably caused to a random caller.

I was just sittin' around, replying in the FKL forum before I got a call on my cell phone; the number that was displayed was, "Withheld." So, basically, no displayable number, therefore, no clue who it is. I answered it, and an air-headed girl cheerfully asked for a name that I couldn't understand. I responded, "No," but in a tone that she inferred as me being sarcastic.

So, she says, "You kidder. I've got a serious question to ask. W--" The rest I couldn't decipher. As she paused waiting for a reply, I ended the conversation by clicking my little red button.

The phone rang no less than 3 seconds after I hung up. "Withheld" was displayed again. I clicked the option, "Reject," ending the call before it began.

It rang again. I turned my phone off. I turned it back on, and as soon as I did, it rang again. I answered. Before she could utter a single, high-pitched syllable, I shouted, "Get the fuck off this line, you--" The rest, I cannot divulge, as I could be considered the biggest prick on PSOW.

No calls were received afterward. I think I screwed someone's relationship over with that.

And I laugh heartily, and I don't know why. I could have caused a tragedy, and the repercussions of my actions could be serious, but for some reason I couldn't care.

Last week I was playing Gears of War with my buddy on Xbox Live. The phone rang so I told him I was going AFC. An automatic female voice kicked in as soon as I picked up, telling me her name was Sarah and asking me if I wanted FREE INFORMATION on how to be tax free on my credit card for one month mailed to me. I hung up the phone and jumped back into Gears and explained what a stupid phone call I just got. No sooner than I finished explaining he says, "Be right back. Phone."

A minute later he came back and said "So, Sarah just called."

We got a good laugh out of that one.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Eh, next time say wrong number.

These cell phones are bonkers sometimes when someone changes services carrying over their number. I called my friend twice in a row on a saved listed number in my phone only to get through to someone completely different.

Also some random nubinthebox called me, left dead air between the time I picked up and said hello so I could hear he was watching the same TV show I was then he said "My balls itch."

Click.

I had a call on my phone on New Year's Eve. My dad and I were talking and then my cellphone rang.

Me: Hello?
    Dude: Where the fuck is Santos?
    Me: Sorry wrong number
    Dude: Put fucking Santos on the phone!
    Me: Dude you have the wrong number
    Dude: Don't fucking play with me asshole put that fucker Santos on right now!
    Me: Excuse me?
    Dad: Who is it?
    Me: Some dude who wants to speak to Santos
    Dad: Hang up then
    *hit speaker*
    Dude: Fucker put fucking Santos on right now!
    Dad: *random explictives*
    Dude: *hangs up*

I lol'd

I remember this one time I was at my friend's place and the phone rang. I asked her who it was and she said it was some guy who kept calling, even though he knew he had the wrong number. The calls continued for a few hours (we were working on a Law project) and finally I picked it up. She put it on speaker, but stayed quiet.

"Hello?"

"Put that chick on the phone."

"I beg your pardon?"

"She sounds hot. Give her the fucking phone."

"Well, we're trying to work on a proj-"

"Hey fuckhole, give her the fucking phone!"

She then jumped into the conversation and spouted a slew of explicatives that stunned me and made the other guy hang up after saying "No way that's a chick. Sucks to be you asshole."

She laughed while I sat there and died a little inside.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

AKA "Nougami" and "Roar"

Be glad you don't own a business like me and my husband do. Then you would be subject to all kinds of wrong numbers by random assholes, annoying calls at the worst possible times by asshole customers, AND don't forget the telemarketers!

I've gotten to the point that if I don't automatically recognize the phone number on my caller ID and I am not expecting a call from anyone specific, I don't answer the phone. If its that fucking important, they can leave a message on my voicemail.

What pisses me off is when I get random people who insist that So and So MUST BE AT THAT NUMBER and want to fucking argue with you about it. Click, hangup. Or random people leaving garbled messages from their cellphones and I have no idea what the hell they're saying. And don't forget the telemarketers who now clog up my voicemail with messages trying to sell me shit I don't want.

Hell, I hate random people calling my phone. I'd be absolutely ecstatic if I knew I had ruined some dumbass's life over a wrong phone call to my cell phone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-04-19 21:37 ]</font>

I got a call from an east indian fellow once. I live in a groundfloor suite underneath my landlady. We use the same landline, but no calls ever come for me, because I have a cell phone.

One day, I had my friends over and we had JUST ordered chinese. Not even a minute after we order, I get a phonce call. I figure it's the Chinese place, so I pick up. Note that he had a thick indian accent. Which made things funny and creepy at the same time.

me: hello?

him: hello?

me: hi?

him: Helloooo? Who ees this?

me: *told him my name and that I was a student living on the ground floor. I thought he wanted to speak to my landlady*

him: What are you doing?

me: uh.. watching TV?

him: *sounding somewhat provocative..?* Are you watching the dirty channel?

me: O_o

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

On 2007-04-19 21:35, Skuda wrote:

Sounds like Dirty Jobs. =~.^=
    =~.^=

On 2007-04-19 21:35, Skuda wrote:

me: O_o
    I never got my answer, btw.

Me: Hello?
    Her: *question in Arabic*
    Me: Pardon?
    Her: *Arabic*
    Me: Ma'am, I don't understand what you're saying.
    Her: *more Arabic*
    Me: Do you speak English? French?
    Her: *nervous Arabic!*
    Me: .......*hangs up* o_o
    "Sword logic? That's cute."