Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game

I reeeeeally look forward to this game! I loved some of the Tenchu games (didn't like WoH much due to some weird enemy designs, unable to sheathe weapon, unable to swim, etc. etc. as well as rFS) and Tenchu Z is gonna be the best! I have the Japanese demo on harddrive that was temporarily available last year.

in some ways its similiar to PSO/PSU cause there's character creation, and 4 player online co-op. but of course aside from those tidbits, it's a completely different genre, naturally.

but ya aside from paying Xbox Live Gold, there's no monthly fees to play it online. And it does involve dozens (over 50+) of mission-based objectives that take place around 12 maps that make up the different districts/areas of the Azuma clan's domain. so ya you'll revisit these locations in different situations and times of day, as well as different enemy placements and objectives. so in a way, from one point of view it feels like living the daily life of a ninja that does missions in and out of their hometown.

but ya the replay value lies in the gameplay and mastering your skills. and it's awesome it doesn't use a RPG-like level growth structure, nor restricted class-based choices. Players can bring along whatever inventory items that suits their style and specialties,
    such as flash bombs, invisibility spells, shuriken, bear traps, ninja dogs, blow darts, etc.
    as well as their preferred 'defensive techniques', 'offensive techniques', 'boost techniques', 'secret ninja techniques', etc. etc.

And there's even space to customize your combos. although naturally like MGS, this genre is really recommended to make use of stealth to effectively survive and eliminate your targets.
    and of course you can adjust your stats in many ways (health, strength and speed). So hardcore players can set their health to 10 pts. and their strength and speed to 100 pts. if they want to test their survival skills of avoiding taking damage.
    Well its hard to explain but that's the beauty of being able to edit your stats any way you like, and adjust them between missions, so besides appearance, skills and gear, manually adjusting attributes from a pool of points also makes you stand out from the rest of the ninjas out there.

cause it leaves plenty of room to challenge oneself or make a balanced character or something without having to worry about leveling up and the whole system being just a lame matter of winning through raw endurance and strength for the most part.

And there's just sooooo many ways to eliminate enemies, as well as navigate around the maps, which feel somewhat like a 'world' to a certain extent, cause it just feels so natural, as well as the controls and responsiveness of your movements and abilities. running, jumping, ledge hanging, climbing, wall running, long somersault jumps, wall clinging, ceiling stealth, wall covering, rolling,
    grappling hook usage, etc. etc. lol definitely more moves than your average tomb raider or gymnast simulator.

and there's a wide spectrum of techniques and options based on whether your sword is sheathed and unsheathed. like when its sheathed you can grab a unsuspecting guard by surprise and there are many things you can do, like press RB which forces them to the ground, which then you can either knock them out, or break their neck. or after you grab them, use the analog stick to force them to move towards any spot you desire, knock them out, or thrust your sword through them. you can even pick up killed guards and carry them somewhere or press Y to throw them in the direction you're facing.

and these are just tiny examples of the freedom and diversity of Tenchu Z's fun!

of course it isn't like an online RPG whete people would expect more updates/quests/maps/gear, etc. well I heard there will be DLC for extra character creation content, but an importer told my friend that character creation in the full game offers millions of possible combinations already

but ya I feel this is gonna be the most addicting game to me for many reasons like people can pick this game up and play it without having to worry about experience level. It's a heavily skill-based game, so it can be as simple or challenging as players want. since the stat customization is very flexible plus there are multiple difficulty settings.
    And executing perfect stealth kills and stuff like that can help achieve GrandMaster rankings to unlock more missions and more stuff like accessories to decorate your created character with!

so yes if the US gets the same demo as the Japan version, don't be fooled by the limitations of the chaarcter creation and gameplay options, in the full version there is a HUGE multitude of content and options.

http://www.tenchu.net/senran/outline06.html

http://www.chambara.de/document/tenc...ditemguide.txt

so ya, naturally like all games, it's not for everyone, but I feel maybe at least one person reading these forums may appreciate and
    love Tenchu Z as their next favorite game in the world.

So ya give it a try with a open mind and accept it for what it offers and you may realize how cool and underrated it really is, cause lately casual gamers these days judge games by their graphics, but personally Tenchu Z already looks and plays great, and offers the gameplay and replay value to keep true gamers coming back for more!

And that's what true immortal games are really made of and that's why there are many legendary 8-bit and 16-bit games people still play even these days, cause the gameplay boosts the fun factor and therefore enhances the replay value. besides it already looks and plays 3 times better than the past games in the series, so if you try the full version of Tenchu Z and you end up loving it, then that's a glorious thing! And if you aren't interested in it or don't like its style, then why are you reading this? lmao.

so ya this is just news about Tenchu Z for those interested, it's coming around June, and I'm anticipating it even more than Mass Effect and even(gasp) the PSU expansion, but ya that's just my feelings about it and what's worth more to me.

Sounds interesting. I might have to look into it.

huh... two words

DO WANT.

and I so agree, I am lookign forward to this now more then the PSU stuff =3

As long as it doesn't have the old-style, excessively-clunky controls. From Software is known for those types of things.

But otherwise, it could be very interesting...

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Ah, I've played the demo for this. It's been on the JP marketplace for a very long time. The name of it on was Tenchu: Senran. I'd never played a Techu game before trying the demo, so I really can't say much about how much they improved. It was definitely fun, though.

On 2007-04-20 22:26, Kent wrote:
    As long as it doesn't have the old-style, excessively-clunky controls. From Software is known for those types of things.

But otherwise, it could be very interesting...
    oh don't worry, the controls are smoother and more responsive than before!

plus someone complained of past games having ninjas that are too slow! well believe me, if you assign enough points to your speed attribute, you'll move much faster than ever before. plus there is a "cheetah" ability you can unlock that lets you dash super fast!

so ya there is a big difference between a 10 pts. of speed and 100 pts. of speed

Tenchu Z is somewhat like Tomb Raider Legend in how they removed the clunkiness of the past, and made things feel and control more natural (and Tenchu Senran/Z definitely has better control, feel and camera than that game.)

plus the camera and camera control is 10x better than before. and the draw distance is MASSIVELY improved from the past games. especially the first games which oly let you see like 8 feet in front of you lol, anything farther than that was pitch black back then. so ya there are many improvements!

oh ya and they really deepened the enemy system with their abilities to not only see, but also hear, and smell. and the shadow system is related to whether your crouching, if your weapon is unsheathed, etc. etc. so ya that helps gauge how stealthy you are and the chances of not being visually detected.

lol I could go on but ya I'm sooooo eagerly waiting for its release! naturally you'll have to experience it and learn yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2007-04-21 06:28 ]</font>

I may pick it up, loved 1, 2, and WoH. Won't detract too much from my PSU time though.

Stop making me want a 360! I HAVE NO MONEY! :sob:

well I heard mowing lawns can lead to a humble fortune.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2007-04-21 10:33 ]</font>

ZOMG SANER'S BACK! so hows it going?