View Poll Results: IF you choose only 1 for saber PA
(no bruce's PA choice please, it is unrelease)

Risking Strike

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • risking strike the basic, it is my birth gift

21 38.89%
  • gravity strike, the more hit !! whee!

33 61.11%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

IF you choose only 1 for saber PA
    (no bruce's PA choice please, it is unrelease)

Rising Strike :
    basic,very fast hit, first = knock up, second = knock back, it is so useful, but it hit only few quick hit.
    suit for AF style ,I think (high EVA = high block, they need fast combo PA more than slow combo PA)

Gravity Strike :
    Hyuga 's PA , more combo and it can hit up to 3 enemies, totally over damage than risking strike. but the step of first combo>second combo is quite slow, this make enemy counter chance!!
    suit for damage favor like FG/FF(if they use saber:P)

What do u think? state ur idea and choice

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-24 09:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-24 21:53 ]</font>

Tend to use them both. Rising Strike can send things flying quite a bit and quickly knocks down alot of stuff that otherwise tend to be troublesome. If you're ready you can keep them down and prevent any counterattacks. Great mobcontrol.

Gravity on the other hand does more damage even if it leaves you vulnerable. And unlike Rising Strike it won't send the monsters into orbit so you won't mess too much for fellow partymembers.

Lately I've mostly used Gravity, but I still use Rising Strike with a few of my sabers.

-rN- Hp Printer and Coffee Maker

I'd stick with rising strike. Keeps most big guys temporarily stun-locked. usually for most PA's, I choose it's capabilities as well as damage. Sure you can hit multiple times with Gravity Strike, but at the same time you can get blasted, megid, or frozen where as the enemy can't retaliate when you're stunning them with rising. Just my style of melee fighting. If they can't do anything, they're easier to kill.

Rising strike if your afraid of getting hit (low level, levelling a low level job, whatever) or you can't get it past 10 because it has a knockup effect right at the getgo, whereas gravity strike doesn't have it until the second part.

I think gravity strike is better in the end than rising, personally, you just have to level it.

On 2007-04-24 09:38, CyarVictor wrote:
    I'd stick with rising strike. Keeps most big guys temporarily stun-locked. usually for most PA's, I choose it's capabilities as well as damage. Sure you can hit multiple times with Gravity Strike, but at the same time you can get blasted, megid, or frozen where as the enemy can't retaliate when you're stunning them with rising. Just my style of melee fighting. If they can't do anything, they're easier to kill.
    You said for Rising strike, but you vote for Gravity Strike lol, because first 2 vote = gravity

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

On 2007-04-24 09:41, Arika wrote:
    On 2007-04-24 09:38, CyarVictor wrote:
    You said for Rising strike, but you vote for Gravity Strike lol, because first 2 vote = gravity
    What if he didn't vote at all?

Both skills have their roles. What saber skill is appropriate to use is dependent on what else you're carrying, I'd say--whatever properly compliments your style.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I like Rising Strike more, simply because of how it looks. I don't like how Gravity Strike looks, so you may never see me with it, despite how much better it is for damage.

I like Gravity Strike, mainly because I like moves that hit a lot.

Like I'm telling anyone my real info, hahaha!

Rising strike for me please!