View Poll Results: Not sure if it's already been done. It's hard to keep track of all of Ness's pointless poll topics *

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rock n roll, grunge, punk, hard, metal, etc

3 16.67%
  • Rap, hip-hop, freestyle, pop, R&B, reggae

4 22.22%
  • Classic

3 16.67%
  • Country

0 0%
  • Dance, disco, techno, trance

3 16.67%
  • Game music; you know, rpg's, DDR, etc

2 11.11%
  • Gospel, gothic, soul

0 0%
  • Foreign

0 0%
  • Other (specify)

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What you call my momma?

Not sure if it's already been done. It's hard to keep track of all of Ness's pointless poll topics *cough*, so what music genre do you prefer? It's hard to squeeze it into 9 poll options so I'll try to generalize.

Other: Anything that sounds good.
    Look, he did it again.

A Red Rose in a field of Dead Flowers, Eternal... Ayame's Avatar
    The field of cherry blossoms, blooming in an Autumns' rainfall...

Actually...within the 2 years that PSOW's been around, we've had this thread many times...but none recently, so it's all good. ;p

Hehehe, as for myself, Classical music. From Pachabel and Vivaldi to Beethoven and Mozart, I love all classical music. Two pieces I love especially are Kanon by Pachabel and Winter by Vivaldi. You should try them some time...

Anything that's not rap, pop, country, or religious-type (stuff they sing in churches) music is fine by me.

Overall, I'd say my most listened to is rock.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Although I listen to nearly everything, my favorite has always been the heavy shit: seven strings and double bass pedals.

Don't know any bands like that? Want to check one out? Simple: Chimaira.

Rock baby. I love a variety from Classic rock like Led Zepplin and the Rolling Stones, to punk like the Ramones and the Sex Pistols, to metal like Metallica and Megadeth. There are a good amount of bands I have not mentioned as the post would be too damn long and boring to read.

And now I need to check out that band Pixel is plugging.

I picked dance/disco/techno/trance, although I would've listed "Electronic" instead, as that includes many other genres such as ambient (Orbital) and trip hop (Massive Attack) that are heavily electronic but made primarily for listening rather than dance.
    Here're some of my favorite electronic genres and respective favorite group/artists.

Bigbeat: Fatboy Slim, The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Propellerheads... all of them HUGE names in the electronic scene, I know, but all of them incredible.

Trance/Goa: DJ Tiesto, Astral Projection (underground Israeli goa trance, incredible), Aura (underground Swedish melodic trance), Paul Oakenfold (his newer stuff is crap compared to his older stuff, IMO), BT, Joujouka, Sasha...

Jungle/drum'n'bass: Photek (absolutely incredible atmospheric drum'n'bass), Aphrodite ("The Fatboy Slim of Jungle", remixer of many R&B and hiphop hits), DJ Dara, Roni Size, Dieselboy...

Ambient: Orbital... They're my ambient monopoly.

Other random stuff (not necessarily electronic): Deavid Soul ('member them from Jet Set Radio/Future? Underground as they come, by far my favorite house/disco group, they're AMAZING!), Guitar Vader ('member THEM from JSR/F? UNDERGROUND Japanese indie rock, my favorite band EVER), Anabolic Frolic (happy hardcore DJ, check out his Happy 2b Hardcore mixes; AMAZING), Groove Armada (mid energy, groove style chillout stuff, love 'em), Jurassic-5 (westside oldskool flavored hiphop, by far my favorite hiphop group)... I think I'll stop here or I'll go on FOREVER.

But yeah... although I like pretty much all genres ('cept almost all modern rap and almost all country, period), electronic dominates my collection.

Just a lil' bit old school. Mazarin's Avatar

I'm a big fan of electronica compilations H2BH, is great, but I like Kraftweldt, Tour de Trance.

Aphex Twin, and DJ Keoki are awesome

Classical.

I recommend Dedicatory Overture by Clifton Williams, and Ghost Train by Eric Whitacre.

Anything but Rap, R&B and Pop. EUGH! >_<

i like a wide variety of techno/dance music, as well as alternative stuff like the Cure. Classical is always good, you will often find me listening to the Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack...even though that falls under RPG/game music its still very orchestra/classical style.

But yeah, the top line sums it all up for me