Thread: Acrotechers

This is the forming of

(Acronym to be figured out by someone other than me)

Basically, AT's, are there any others out there who don't know if they'll be using any support spells besides Resta/Reverser... and possibly Giresta?

I mean, I love buffs, but unless we get more room for pa's, I can't afford to keep them. I MIGHT keep Shifta/Deband, but oh well.

Anyone else?

PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

I think there might be plenty of room for other stuff. Well, you'll need resta, reverser, giresta, 4 buffs, 4 debuffs, dizas, rentis. 13 support spells I think. You still have room for the melee, bullets, and of course, damage spells.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Well, you do have to bear in mind, melee is definitely a secondary, some might even say tertiary, pursuit for Acrotechers.

From my own experience playing the beta--which wasn't long, and at low levels, granted--Acrotechers are OK in melee. However, it's simply not the optimal course of action unless you're A) fighting a technic-resistant enemy (and probably a ranged-resistant one, too, considering you get access to S-rank cards and A-rank dualies as well as bullets at a higher level than skills) or B) using it to take a little stress off your madoog and give it some time to recharge (which would probably be done just as well, if not better, with a wand). With this in mind, you could probably pass on a lot of melee PAs altogether--my initial guess is that melee-wise, an AT could stick to Rising Strike for knockdown/melee damage and one whip PA for SE-spreading and never have need for more skills (or the daggers/twin daggers, for that matter), unless you just really want them.

Also, from what I hear, ATs don't need dualies for much, either--just hitting targets that cards won't lock onto, such as flyers high in the air. So you'll probably only need one or two bullets for them at most, if you get any at all.

As for buffs? Definitely, ATs will be using those. A buffing AT would be in high demand for parties, simply because they have access to the most powerful tier of buffs in the game. And for soloing? Assuming the power level of buffs follows the same progression as it does now (+10% to the relevant stat or stats at 1st level, with an additional +5% every full 10 levels after that), an AT will be able to buff stats by a whopping 30%. Is one PA slot worth up to an extra 30 goddamn percent to a particular stat or pair of stats, as far as you're concerned? (As far as I'm concerned, pardon me while I clean the drool out of my keyboard.)
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

he neglected to mention that he switches classes every 5 seconds >.>

For me, not much of an adjustment. Much of my Guntecher concentration shares much in PAs with the Acrotecher one. It's just that it will affect the *type* of Acrotecher I am. I think the biggest change, for me, is working in Photon Whip into the equation.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

On 2007-04-25 13:34, Akaimizu wrote:
    For me, not much of an adjustment. Much of my Guntecher concentration shares much in PAs with the Acrotecher one. It's just that it will affect the *type* of Acrotecher I am. I think the biggest change, for me, is working in Photon Whip into the equation.
    Word to that. I mean, I'm thinking of going a lot more dualies / cards oriented on my GT. I already carry all the buffs and have single saber, single dagger, and dual dagger PAs. I'm thinking I just tack on a few more attack techs (Since I only know foie, damu barta, and gizonde), and I can chameleon over to AT when the situation calls for it.

Mm, bringing this back up. I KNOW I'm gonna hunt me down some Dizas and Rentis. And Resta...and Reverser...And Giresta....

But I KNOW i'm not gonna debuff. And I'm pretty positive I won't be using all the buffs.

Lol. Idk, we'll see I guess <3
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3