Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2007-05-10 18:32, DrewSeleski wrote:
    Annyoed abotu female clothes because ALL the outfits are so terribly girly(barring that horrific samurai mess)
    That'll be the horrific samurai mess my only female char wears, right?

~

You don't wear all of it, and besides it only looks good on blacks and I am utterly unable to make a good looking one.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2007-05-10 18:36, DrewSeleski wrote:
    You don't wear all of it, and besides it only looks good on blacks and I am utterly unable to make a good looking one.
    Any female beast.

ok ok...the "artistic creation" is something I didn't consider....heh, despite being an art major. When I see and play these games though..."roleplay" is something that comes to mind immediately. Males "roleplaying" as females...even if it's only slight...is something that inevitably raises some questions. With a game of this type...I see the whole point of it being mostly about roleplay. Perhaps this is just me...but I create a character in these types of games as a sort of representation of myself, or a character I can relate to...or something just to be silly, like "Dookieman" and his PM "Pootball"...or Lion-O, He-Man, etc.. I've actually tried making female characters before in PSO, for the sake of variety. I just couldn't relate or even care about those characters....I always ended up deleting them...my interest level would fade quickly each time. In PSU, I made a female character once, not to seriously play it....but just to check it out in skimpy clothes, like the "perverts" group I mentioned earlier....as always with the female characters, it got deleted in favor of a character I would actually play.

Roleplaying as a robot doesn't raise questions/curiosity of a person *possibly* having some gender-identity issues. It doesn't raise any questions, really...as they(at least on that level of advancement) are still quite a ways off from being reality. Even with a female-looking robot, they still aren't typically thought of as a "he" or "she", as they aren't living things with an obvious gender.

I don't look down on either group I mentioned previously when making generalizations, btw. For me to look down on someone for being "perverse" would be the most hilarious case of hypocrisy ever.

*most of the clothes in this game are horrible no matter which gender characters you play, btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-05-10 19:19 ]</font>

--_! Zoo !_--

Shima hey, lets cyber

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

On 2007-05-10 19:11, XCOPY wrote:
    When I see and play these games though..."roleplay" is something that comes to mind immediately.
    This is normally the last case that most players experience. Under most situations, people just want a physical representation of their personality (joke characters for people with loose personalities come to mind). Some people choose a character based on their respect for that character (this is where I'd fall in). And some people just want something to perv at ("Feck Me" and "Bend me Over!" come to mind). I'm sure I'm missing a large amount of situations here, but I may have enough for our current discution.

Roleplaying as a robot doesn't raise questions/curiosity of a person *possibly* having some gender-identity issues.
    The point here is probably a miscommunication of our last point. You say that playing as a female character makes one gay, while you mean that roleplaying a female character may make one gay. Someone hears that as the player in question should be forced to play what they truly are, and bring up the point that nobody seems to care about people playing as mindless droids, despite having a full personality. You interpret this as people roleplaying as droids, which is dissimilar to roleplaying as a human.

Again, almost nobody roleplays and simply pick their avitars because they look cool. Take Deja's Whopper and Cheese character, you really think he wants to be known as that thing?

I don't look down on either group I mentioned previously when making generalizations, btw.
    Believe it or not, many people find it offensive being called a homosexual or being called a pervert. Just so you know.

*most of the clothes in this game are horrible no matter which gender characters you play, btw.
    Agreed beyond belief, with the exception of Caseals.