Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

On 2007-05-01 08:52, UrikoBB3 wrote:
    Project-X on the Amiga A500. I still play it now, though on an emulator as my Amiga is long dead.

The world needs more Amiga love. And Cannon Fodder. We need more Cannon Fodder.

Atlantis on Atari 2600 was the first game I ever played at a family friend's house around '84-85. They gave me their 2600 later that year. My first NES games came about a year later with Donkey Kong and Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I got my own NES that year for Christmas.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

I don't remember my first game, all I remember was my first console - my SNES, which got stolen out of my Grandmother's house. Pretty sure my no-good cousin did it too. >.>;
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

On 2007-05-01 09:50, Triela wrote:
    The world needs more Amiga love. And Cannon Fodder. We need more Cannon Fodder.
    I still consider the Amiga A500 to be the best computer/console I ever had, based on pure enjoyment. There were so many great games for it

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Certainly not my first game, but my first gaming addiction was Age of Empires II. Good times.

Lock N Chase, which was like Pac Man, for the intellivision

THE JACKEL

Utopia and Astrosmash on Intellivision. Played those for hours and hours day after day

UTOPIA

ASTROSMASH

For me it would be Ultima III on the Atari 800 computer. It was also available on Apple II, but I played it on Atari 800.

Huge world (for back then), 3D dungeons, a sub-world (Ambrosia), a main quest (train to be strong enough to kill Exodus), plus tons of side quests and hidden areas (even a hidden town: Grey).

Lots of classes.

Came with a real metal ankh, two spell books (a cleric book and a mage book), a full-color cloth map, a nice glossy set-up box, rules, and some bits of short fiction and art to set the scene.

Easily my most immersive early video game experience.

Honorable mentions: Wizard & The Princess (Sieraa On-Line), Zork & Deadline (Infocom), Star Raiders (1979, Atari) and Adventure (Atari VCS aka Atari 2600).

My first easter egg EVER: the 'black dot' in Adventure, which unlocked the secret room the programmer buried in the game: "Adventure... created by Warren Robinet."

Old school.

Delsaber's Punchingbag kurisu1974's Avatar

First game I played and loved was The Ninja on the Sega Master System. The game that got me hooked on gaming was Streets of Rage II on the Megadrive/Genesis.

I've been playing games as long as I can remember... I'm fairly certain that this was my first:

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

On 2007-05-01 12:32, Kent wrote:
    I've been playing games as long as I can remember... I'm fairly certain that this was my first:

You beat me by a track meet!