Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Eh, I thought it was great, and I went with my friend, the whole emo-parker thing was hilarious, not to mention that whole last fucking samurai stuff between harry and the butler (He even has a katanaish sword, too! How could I not make the comparison?) and that talk about "honor" and stuff, I lol'd

Me and my friend were joking throughout the entire movie, it made it even better. Such as every scene where harry's lost his memory, I half expected him to just randomly get his memory back and scream "FATHEEEEERRRRR!" out of the blue, that was the source of many jokes.

On 2007-05-05 10:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    From my observations:
    People that didn't like it - Too high expectations
    People that enjoyed it - low expectations and just looking to have fun

That's why I feel people will be completely disappointed with Pirates 3

THE JACKEL
    Wrong. I'm not exactly a Marvel comics nerd, but I had high expectations for this one, and even though I was disappointed with a lot of stuff in it, this was my favorite of the three.

The new goblin worked, especially as an ally. I see nothing wrong with his high-tech suit and style, it was pretty cool, even. I liked the psychologic tension between Peter and MJ. The fights were awesomely done, like the detail of Black Spiderman shoving the Sandman's face against a moving train. Speaking of the Black Spiderman, "Emo" Parker was funny, even when he ordered the milk and cookies girl (Sorry, don't remember her name) around. The Hoffman - Jonah chemistry was funny as always.

I didn't like the butler's sudden revelation, the way it was done. I didn't like the ending, it was kinda vague. Other things I didn't like have to do with the plot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2007-05-07 02:33 ]</font>

I saw the movie yesterday, and I have to say I agree with PJ. Was pretty breathtaking stuff indeed.

"Peter Pehker?"

I saw the movie on Friday the 4th of May. I had very high expectations for the movie ( despite all the mediocre reviews ) since the first two Spiderman films rocked, I'm also a very big Venom fan soo I was hoping for the best. Needless to say I was dissapointed.

I was very dissapointed with Sandman and Venom's ( Eddie Brock's ) lack of character development. I felt as if Peter Parker's journey to darkside was mis-handled ( seriously what was with the struting in the street and the big dance number in the Jazz Bar, I understand why he went there but what was the dance supposed to symbolise ). I also felt that Gwen Stacy was just thrown in there for the heck of it. You can completely remove her from the film and it would not hardly influence the plot at all. Some of the fight scenes seemed very blurry and hard to follow and those that I could follow wern't as good as what we saw in Spiderman 2.

It wasn't all bad though. Mary Jane Watson ( Kirstin Dunst ) finally had a proper role to play other than her usual damsel in distress. Harry Osborn was awesome ( this was his movie ), it was very rewarding watching his character slowly develop during the first 2 movies. J. Jonah Jameson was awesome and so was his secretary ( I enjoyed watching her and Peter flirt with one another and Jameson's reaction ).

In general, I feel as if Spiderman 3 lacks focus. They tried to do too much and as such it comes across like the writers did a half assed job.

Down for the Getdown

On 2007-05-07 04:38, SubstanceD wrote:

I was very dissapointed with Sandman and Venom's ( Eddie Brock's ) lack of character development. I felt as if Peter Parker's journey to darkside was mis-handled ( seriously what was with the struting in the street and the big dance number in the Jazz Bar, I understand why he went there but what was the dance supposed to symbolise ).
    If you were looking for symbolism in a Spiderman movie, thats probably why you were dissapointed with it.
    Him dancing and bringing that girl to the club was all just to get Mary Jane and make her jealous, nothing more, nothing less.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

Just thought this was funny...