Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I may end up making Mathyu an Acrofighter. He's going Fighgunner, specializing in Twin Sabers and Sabers.
    I will try it on him, I wanna try the Slicers and Shadoogs. Dunno if I'll keep it though.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

You know, I'm gonna respond to thread and report my observations from the time I spent playing the job. I'm too tired at the moment to compile my thoughts so I'll just say this for now. Acrofighter is a defensive class relying heavily on its speed and Evasion. Newmens and Humans will be able to take the most advantage of this class. Just like they are able to take the most advantage out of Fortetecher. An Acrofighter who does not use Shadoogs is going to suck balls. You'll only want to be using your Twin Sabers and cards for bosses and Large type enemies. Even then I found that I only preferred twin sabers for its reach, not its damage. I'll expand later after I've had some rest.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

On 2007-05-03 17:31, AC9breaker wrote:
    An Acrofighter who does not use Shadoogs is going to suck balls.
    Yep. Now watch everyone ignore points like this like how they all ignored me about the usage of techs on aTs. I personally didn't spend much time on the class but I could tell that shadoogs were very indespensable in many areas.

Also ignore that description about the class being like FG. I disagree largely with that. Neither of the acro classes play like any of the current classes and can't really be related to them.

One last note, the "official" abbreviations for Acrofighter is "aF". Not to be picky but it does help if everyone uses the same abbreviations even if this doesn't cause the problems like "fG" and "FG" do.

Yeah, I'm definately gonna enjoy having Shadoogs shoot things for me while I Buten Shuren Zan them. Cards will also be in my pallete, for that ultimate bullet art that leeches.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

One question about Shadoogs: Do the Earth ones cause Silence or Poison?
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-05-03 18:55, Kaydin wrote:
    One question about Shadoogs: Do the Earth ones cause Silence or Poison?
    Differnt ranks cause different effects. Someone reported that higher rank earth shadoogs cause stun (!!)

Ooh, stun, that sounds pretty sweet. Silence isn't so bad either, I hate being hit by techs, but then again, Acrofighters have the same MST as Guntecher, which is something, I'm sure enough to make a difference.

Its not different ranking Shadoogs cause different effects. Its Shadoogs cause different effects, period. Earth elemental Shadoogs cause stun, Dark Elemental Shadoog cause incapacitate, Light elemental shadoogs cause sleep. Ice, Fire, and Lightning still have their same respective effects; Freeze, Burn, and Paralyze. The difference ranks play in Shadoogs is not only boost to their attack power, but as mentioned before speed and rate of fire. You would swear you had a Fortegunner in your party at the rate a 6 star shadoog was firing and processing its elemental effects. ( exaggerating but you get the idea)

Now I'm not gonna talk much about numbers cause I'm a main Protranser. I gave up on numbers along time ago. The only numbers that really matter for Acrofighter is Evasion becuase we're talking about huge numbers, something that can't be ignored. Fo now, I'm mainly gonna talk about the Mechanics of the job.

Now when I first jumped into Acrofighter, I focused at first on Twin Sabers. Exceptional attack power and increased attack speed, it was great. But as we started doing higher ranking missions with faster reacting enemies, it was proving much more difficult to get my attacks off without being interrupted or without spending 2 hours running around all the enemies so as to be sure none of them would interrupt me while I started my attacks. Cue Shadoog and Single handed weapon.

I had found me a few Shadoogs, fire,ice,and light elemental shadoogs. I was rather impressed with their ability to land SE's so I figured I would buy me an Earth type Shadoog for the new Del Rol Li mission since they had Earth type Vanda doods who would LOL HUMAR rush towards you and spam Gadiga. But holy crap low and behold, Earth isn't Silence SE, its stun! Earth Shadoogs, gave me the opportunity to attack without the worry of being disrupted once I started my PA combos. Not only that, but even my JP teamates where thanking me for using my Earth type Shadoog. After stunning about half the enemies from a spawn I could see why.

From there on I became shadoog crazy and just focused on Shadoog combos. Shadoogs compliment Acrofighters so damn well. While enemies are trying so hard to hit you, you'll be shooting at them, setting them on Fire, opening a window of attack with stun so you can go PA crazy on them, or Killing them with your Megid Shadoog bullets. The perfect defensive weapon. Attacking while your blocking. But perhaps the most defensive combo of choice for Acrofighter is Slicers and Shadoog. The male animation for slicer just about keeps you in the same place. Slicer also seems to have great ATP and definitely draws the enemy towards you like a laser cannon.

So Shadoogs seem pretty awesome right now. Does that mean an Acrofighter should always use them? Nope, there are gonna be times when you want to use your Twin sabers or Cards. For example, Shadoogs follow the old Trap rule that if they do 0 damage their effect will not even have a chance to land. Shadoogs have pretty shitty power. So when fighting against enemies with high defense such as Robots don't expect much out of your shadoog. It also seems that Shadoogs just like rifles have a difficult time landing SE's on Shield buffed/king buffed/large type enemies.

Now back to my first point of why I think Humans and newmens will be the most efficient at this job. Evasion. I played acrofighter as a cast, we have the worst evasion of all the races. But even so, I was surprised at how much my cast was blocking. It reminded me of the parry feature in Street Fighter 3rd Strike. My cast was a beast(so to speak), being in the frontlines and taking very little damage. But I was sure, if i had just a bit more evasion I would be taking almost no damage at all. I'm not saying Beast and Cast are going to suck at this job. But just like Beasts and Cast make better Fortefighters then human and Newmens. Newmens and Humans will make better Acrofighters because of the importance of evasion combined with the passive abilities of Shadoogs.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Yeah, I kind of agree. I would also like to say that this is defninitely NOT the job for those Hunters who say "Oh, I hate evasion, it always interrupts my PAs, boo hoo hoo." Besides, even if you block and lose PP, melee weapons regenerate like 8 PP per tick[mind you, I was using Yohmei Twin Sabers and Single Daggers in the beta cuz they look cooler], so its crazy fast.

I've been crazy about evasion on my characters for a while now. It's the next best thing, defensively, after really high element %'s... with no chance of getting served when you're sideswiped by some off (or opposite >_<) element attack. You can also choose PA that start and keep going with crowd control as they go along, and/or aren't dependant on their last move for the majority of their damage. Twin sabers are really nice there, in fact. Rising Crush can launch a TON of monsters without giving a lot of chances for return hits, and Assault Crush whips through the combo moves really quickly compared to twin daggers and just about anything else I use.

"Best" race/class combos is all a load of bullshit on par with trying to talk about the "best" PA or weapon type. You don't use just one attack day in and day out regardless of the mission or your current situation. Supposing you have relevant skills already, jobs are one of the most flexible things your character's got. Sure a cast fT will not outperform a newm as a fT... but fT might outperform any of their other job choice available to that cast if they know a zonde tech and are about to spend a night doing Grove of Fanatics.

After a lot of Desert Goliath S runs I can totally see the benefit of Acrofighter... you can afk to pee and grab a beer while your guy blocks 100% of incoming Grinna Bete fire and the shadoog takes 'em out for you. Your fortegunner teammates probably won't mind having somewhere safe to stand and shoot grenades from either.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan