Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast

i don't know if i'm right or wrong but i'll give my own opinion :3

i think CAST are the second best choice after human concerning acrofighter because even if their TP sux with shadoogs, their high ATA (accuracy) are compensating with handguns, don't forget we can equip S handguns and they have a good ATP, so you can deal
    good damage in melee with good chance to hit (and shadoog will just do "bonus damage").

Beast have better ATP but their low ATA will provide them to use handguns at full capacity (and maybe shadoogs)

for short :
    -human : very good balancing with all weapons + bonus with acro class on humans

-cast : better chance to hit and good damage but less damage with shadoogs (depending of TP)

-beast : highest damage in melee but less hit with range weapon (i don't know concerning shadoogs)

-newman : i never played newman so i don't really know but i think they would be better as acrotecher because of their highest TP.

you can disagree with me but please, don't yell at me ;-;

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109875

damn it >_< triple post again, i don't know what's going on

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noxia on 2007-11-26 03:46 ]</font>

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

On 2007-11-25 23:16, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    Human>Beast=Cast>Newman (is how I see it).

Beasts *really* appreciate the ATA, yet for Casts, it's pretty overkill.
    I'd say Beast > human = Cast > Newman, but it really doesn't matter that much. I say Beasts because their output is clearly higher than human unless the enemy has rediculous EVP and their survivability is nearly identical because the HP difference is about the same as the EVP difference and the DFP difference is less than 1 point damage (in favor of human), even with 50% armor.

Shadoogs don't need ATA because they don't have PAs lowering it like all other guns do. Cards have rediculous ATA and a low mod, so the difference in damage is enough to say Cast = Beast. Slicers have mid-ATA but a high mod, throwing you around the same area as Cards. Handguns and twin handguns are the only weapons with high base ATA dependence on the class, and neither is an appropriate weapon choice unless you need to first person a specific target on a boss.

So, yeah, like you said, Cast ATA is overkill most of the time, but higher ATA coupled with higher ATP always results in higher damage than human and Newman and it still always results in a higher hit rate than Beasts, lowering the real output difference to like 2% (and at that point I'd assume no one cares).

But, seriously, play what you want. These differences are all marginal and don't really matter at all in combat.

i'm asking because i'm really hesitate between my beast and my cast :3 i love them each other but i can't make them all the same class

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noxia on 2007-11-26 06:08 ]</font>

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

Well, Beast is pretty much all-around better than Cast at the class, so Beast is the better option if you really care about the stats. If you don't, just flip a coin.

Well, Acrofighters get S rank pistols and A rank cards, and both have a bullet art that heals. So I'm debating on which one to get. I know trimates would be better in an emergency, and I might not necessarily need them in the precense of a good FT, GT, or AT. But still, having the ability to heal for free may be useful at times.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Shadoogs aren't worth the slot, imo. I'd rather be leveling a card or pistol bullet. You can fire your card and run in for melee, while the cards come in and hit. It's the same thing, but the card bullet actually grows over time. I could only see using a shadoog if you really, really missed your old MAG.

Shadoogs are pretty awesome IMO. I do 400 per shot for 3 shots every few seconds plus the ability to apply SEs and it also aims for monsters that are flying and out of reach, and you can be lazy about it too. I have the little dude over my shoulder shooting at the monsters all by itself while I manually stick to doing what I do best, slashing the monsters into little pieces. What's not to love?

Man, I'm NOT letting this thread die and get beaten out by the Acrotecher thread...again. Well, I think I'd mind as well post my pallette:

Crimson + Ageha-kikami or Ryo-sabed
    Masamunera + Viper
    Shura-hiken + Ageha-kikami
    Crimson + Yactike (Neutral)
    Crimson + Rokaduke (Dark)
    Deva-zashi + Galdike (Fire)

I'm planning on getting me a lightning shadoog to pair up with my Deva-zashi so that I can shock and silence monsters at the same time, making them unable to do any form of offense. I need more A rank Shadoogs, but its tough when my ranged PM fails 2 out of 3 synths [the good one came out fire]. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for the 1up rewards to synth them again. ._.

Still pretty much new to PSU, considering turning my Human character into an Acrofighter, just been leveling up his Ranger license.