Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Hi .. Im kinda new here. I was wondering, if there were any good Fortegunner guides around, i looked in the sticky but didn't see one ... (if it's there then i have "blonded-out" 4 times in a row now). Im playing a little Cast-girl by the same name as my handle, and I want to make her a fortegunner. Any help will be forever appreciated.. thank-you

Fortigunner role is not hard, I m not sure any1 made a guild for it yet.
    but for my advice : twin dagger / spear /twin handgun /burning trapG are best to use.
    to be stronger , try to get high % weapon/armor

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Fortegunners can't use Twin Daggers, they're pure Rangers.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

On 2007-05-05 08:01, nihil-mintia wrote:
    Hi .. Im kinda new here. I was wondering, if there were any good Fortegunner guides around, i looked in the sticky but didn't see one ... (if it's there then i have "blonded-out" 4 times in a row now). Im playing a little Cast-girl by the same name as my handle, and I want to make her a fortegunner. Any help will be forever appreciated.. thank-you
    Here is a mini guide:

On the road to fortegunner, you will go through 10 levels of ranger, with much more limited weapon selection. However, it will give you plenty of time to work on raising your rifle bullets, which take a long time in comparison to any other bullets you can work on as a ranger.

Don't worry about traps for a long time (until you are doing S rank missions), if you happen to pick a few up, doing missions, great, but other than that, i would not worry.

In any event, your main while ranger will be rifle, twin handgun, shotgun, and machine gun. I recommend the following setup.

rifle: fire or dark
    Twin handgun: light, or ground
    Shotgun: electric or ice
    Machinegun: ice or dark

Additionally, you will have access to hunter weapons: dagger, saber, and spear. Since your ATA will be very very high, there is no need to worry about accuracy, what you need is PP, and ATP in that order.

I suggest picking up the following skills:
    rising strike, buten-<something>, and dus duggas. It should be a relatively simple matter to level these skills to 10, and that's the highest they will go.

Certain enemies will be difficult for you, these would be enemies that take 1/2 damage from ranged, and hit hard (ranger DFP is not good). Pick up armor that matches the element of these enemies, and your life will be much easier.

Once you make it to Fortegunner, you should notice several things:
    1. you now have access to several new weapon types: grenade launcher, laser cannon, and crossbow

2. you pp use will go down, now you get more shots per item!

3. you have access to ALL the traps now!!

Don't ge too excited though, there is still a lot of work to be done. For one, leveling expert classes take a LOT longer than leveling basic classes. 450 missions points to get form 1->2 (as opposed to only 150 getting from ranger 9->10

Save money and get 1 of each of the advanced weapon types. If I had to pick 1 to recommend first, it would be grenade launcher. it does something none of your ranger weapons do: it causes knockdown AND a single bullet mutli targets (can hit enemies in mutiple hit locations, also can hit more than one enemy). The downside of grenade launcher is the PP consumption (high), and the ATA (low).

bullet recomendations:
    Grenade launcher: ground or ice
    Laser: ic or dark
    Crossbow: All (no seriously, I can't think of a single bullet that crossbow does not excel with- the problem is they level so sllllllllowly)

Anyway, hope this guide helped, please feel free to ask questions.

cool! thankies

crossbow*, twin pistols. The end. you win.

*note* crossbow fires 3 bullets per shot at lvl 21

You can go all the way to rank 10 ranger never equipping a weapon other than twin pistols.
    Rifles are extremely over rated. For every person screaming "lvl 4 status effects!!" there's a fortegunner not using their traps effectively.

I should mention I am on PC where the economy is such that even the newest player should be able to afford ample traps by the time they reach Fortegunner status. Simply selling elemental photons allows new players riches far beyond what should be achievable at low lvls.
    I cannot speak for Xbox.

Depending on where you spend alot of your time leveling your way to gunner, you may want to pick up shotgun solely for the ice bullets to use on De Ragan. Shotguns really only shine(in my opinion) on dragons.

Breakdown.

The Big Three:
    Crossbows @ bullet lvl 21+ = General mob slayage. High damage per second, straffing, lvl 3 status. Think Spread Needle.

Twin Pistols = First person/ concentrated attack at longer range. Only level 2 status, but first person for flying bosses is where this comes into play for me most.

Dagger/spear/saber*= For the occasional "strong to bullets mob"

*note* different people will suggest(avidly) that one of these melee far outstripes another,
    but with only having lvl ten skills I leave this entirely to personal preference. None have a extreme advantage over another.

The Rest:
    Grenade Launcher - Good for dragons, knocking down Kog Nadds, and keeping those big robots with the multiple target points in stun. Beyond that, most of the time you'll simply be annoying your fellow party members by slinging enemies all over the place.

Rifle: Longer range than twin pistols with lvl 4 status effects. I've seen people refer to rifle with killer shot as the "n00b cannon". I refer to rifles, in general, as such. Twin Pistols match or exceed Rifle in damage per second at higher levels and have straffing ability. Large enemies should be trapped, therefore negating the benefit of lvl 4 SE, and smaller enemies are simply decimated by crossbow when it comes to status effects. At low lvls rifle can be useful as much of your damage comes from the gun itself and not your base ATP.

Laser Cannon - No.

Machine Guns - Fun times here. Even being out done in most every way by some other gun
    machine guns maintain a certain fun value for me and do more than enough damage without scattering enemies to keep your party from thinking "what the hell is that guy doing?". Straffing a mob of enemies almost guarantees you tag them all for XP as well.

Pistols- They're um....Pistols. Why use one when you can have 2 . On a serious note they do get lvl 3 status and 19% element at lvl 21 but leave these to classes without access to so many other firearms.

Shotgun - As mentioned before, good on dragons, but out done in most every way by crossbow. Some people swear by their shottys, but I'm not religious. So I need more than faith alone.

I'm not getting into the ultimate Bullets as they drastically change the use of many of the guns. But thats for later. You don't need to use a Laser Cannon now, to use it with a different bullet later.

*Waits for "that guy" to challenge everything I just said* but dont listen him.

Maybe I left a gun out...I'm just typing here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-05 13:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-05 13:58 ]</font>

*nod nod* more good suggestions .. thankies ill keep these in mind as well

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Crossbows vs. Shotguns is a sticky one. Depends on what you want. If you want mobility, go with the Xbow. If you want pure damage, go with the Shotgun. The Shotgun will leave you vulnerable though so be sure to get behind enemies before you open fire. Personally I go with the Shotgun because its the only really high DPS (damage per second) weapon in the Fortegunner's arsenal. Plus you will not be able to S rank Xbows which will likely hurt you later on if you plan on playing this for years to come.

Rifles - Absolute must. Its the fall back weapon for all Fortegunners. Its never a bad choice to use a rifle. It may not be the BEST choice, but its never bad. Leveled Ice, Fire, and Virus bullets will make your party very happy. Work on those first. Fill in the rest later.

Grenage Launchers - Its a specialty weapon that should only be used to back large mobs into corners and keep large creatures kissing the floor. DO NOT scatter enemies in a wide open area with this. It makes it much harder for the Forces and Hunters to do their job. Get Virus, Burn, Earth and Ice.

Laser Cannon - This only has one use. Mayalee Prism. When you can get this its basically a Grenade Launcher that you can use at point blank range. Very useful, but its a luxury item.

Twin Handguns - Personally I don't use them. Most people like them for the mobility. IMO if you're a good ranger you should be somewhat removed from the action so you don't need mobility. Plus you can't S rank them.

--_! Zoo !_--

I've calculated every single gun and their firing rate and damage per second.

You'd be surprised at which one is the highest I can post that later

anyhow, I'll give ya this much... if you want pure damage, it's a tie between crossbow, shotgun, and grenades. Shotgun doesn't do as much on a single enemy than crossbow, however if you position yourself right inbetween two medium sized or small sized monsters, you're able to hit 10 times per shot. How often you do that is entirely all up to you. Grenades for bosses.

High Damage
    -----------
    1. Crossbows shoots 80 x 3 in 60 seconds
    2. Grenades shoots 60 x 4 in 60 seconds
    3. Shotguns shoots 48 x 5 in 60 seconds
    4. Mechs shoots 240 in 60 seconds

Medium Damage
    -------------
    5. Twin Guns shoots 80 x 2 in 60 seconds
    6. Cards shoots 60 x 3 in 60 seconds

Low Damage
    ----------
    7. Rifles shoots 100 in 60 seconds
    8. Bows shoots 64 in 60 seconds

Undefinable
    -----------
    ???. Lasers shoots 60 x 6 in 60 seconds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-05-05 18:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-05-05 19:01 ]</font>

Why do you have cards in "low damage"?

They're the booya. I'm sure you know this as a student of the game.

My beast rips these out at like 400 a bullet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoshiflash on 2007-05-05 18:56 ]</font>