Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

http://boards.ign.com/pokemon/b5012/141541624/p1/?13

Since Emerald and now Diamond & Pearl have possible cloning glitches, there are groups of noobers attempting to "fight back" against "cloners." Making lists of these "cloners" and cataloging "cloned Pokemon" for others to use so they don't trade for "clones."

Haha, nostalgia.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

I'm not gonna go out of my way to, "Fight cloning," and shit, but the people who think it's NOT cheating (Much like the original Darkrai/Shaymin glitch in the Japanese version!) make me lol

More to the point that I can't escape from this drivel nonsense. Life, and existence itself is a massive fractal. Everything repeats, and the whole is represented in each of its parts.

I thought the "cloning" thing in Pearl/Diamond was just for copying held items...?
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Awesome

On 2007-05-07 20:49, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    I thought the "cloning" thing in Pearl/Diamond was just for copying held items...?
    GTS = Pokeymanz cloning.

Down for the Getdown

/r/ a Darkrai.

I'm glad someone actually made the connection between between hacking in PSO/PSU and the cloning glitch in D/P.

Now I can't speak for PSO but imo the hacking in PSU was ridiculous when it was first discovered. Even though PSU is technically not an MMO, it was still an online game, and the foundation of a good online game is a good online economy, which was utterly ruined by the hacking and duping of meseta. This created a game where weapons and items legit players worked hard to get to function at higher levels, couldn't be obtained simply because the prices of such weapons were being purchased for millions more then it was physically worth. This by itself didn't ruin the game because it was still possible to get pretty high without hacking, but the hackers didn't stop at duping meseta and selling it on ebay, oh no, they decided they wanted to break into peoples rooms and steal their decarations as well as bomb their PMs, forcing others to lock their rooms/shop creating a world of fear to go along with the imbalance, and frustrations of the majority.

Now before you start rolling your eyes, I'm not implying that the same thing is gonna happen with D/P simply because a few thousand Palkia/Dialgas are gonna flood GTS, making them eventually absolutely worthless trade bait since everyone will have them now. What I'm saying is that although hacking has been around since RBY, D/P is the first online incarnation of the game via Wi-Fi, and the players should be considered an online community, where the actions of a few players can effect the play experience for everyone.

Now the biggest difference between hacking being a deal breaker in PSU vs. the cloning in Pokemon is this. PSU was a pay to play game, and pokemon is completely free. People like me that was shelling out $10 a month to play this game were expecting some sort of quality control, and we weren't getting it, so we left to play something else, plain and simple. However, since Pokemon D/P is Nintendo Wi-Fi you'd be silly to expect any sort of quality online experience, and be grateful if you do get it (which I am). Also there's no hack to steal others pokemon or anything so there's no reason to feel personally threatened by the cloners, so there's no reason to really leave or anything extreme like that.

Last but not least this discovery of the glitch has probably done more to help the gaming community than hurt it overall. As someone mentioned before, cloning pokemon and hacking to get the legendaries has literally be going on for a year already in japan. Now at least the US players have some sort of method of keeping up with our japanese counterparts.

I could say more on the subject, but my post is too long and nobody's gonna read it, lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2007-05-07 21:54 ]</font>

The First

meh i haven't played a pokemon game in a while, but i gotta say i prefer to just get my pokemon from as low a level as possible and raise from the lowest...

As far as legendaries...i dunno how they are in this new version, but why not just buy a second copy and run through it multiple times and trade it to your main...not so hard ^.^

I'd love to play a "Pokemon"-style videogame where all the enemies look extremely creepy scary and evil; like H.R. Giger's Alien and other creature art of his
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA_7X...elated&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Nyg03z0pQ;

But this new "pokemon-type" like game; the creatures you call/summon from your evil little ball where each different creatures from H.P. Lovecraft's stories about Cuthullu(sp?) and all the Great Old Ones...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Call_of_Cthulhu

"Sploogorrth! I summon you! Instill Isanity Attack! Eating the Soul Assault!" Yes then that would be cool. I could care less about "Pokemanz" really...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-05-08 01:07 ]</font>
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier