Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

whenever i hear JP PSU Video battle voices on Youtube...I find how LAME/boring the US battle voices are...(this must be a typical Otaku-ness syndrome from all the animes I've watched >.>)

if I'm going to compare the Voices between the two...I'd choose the JP voices anytime. (some people might find the JP voices annoying but it's much better and "cuter" and at least they say something more "Intelligent" ).
    Like when a Caseal summons a SUV

are the US/EU players also have the same thoughts on it? or it's ok?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-05-09 14:43 ]</font>

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I wanted the ability to choose japanese voices... Fish girls sound so much more exotic when they have an exotic voice.

JP voices are so much better. They all actually have character. They say stuff. (What I have no idea. I don't speak Japanese. >.>

Each JP voice says different things, have different personalities almost. Ours are all pretty much the same thing, just sounds different.

I wish we could record our own voices for sound effects. I'd love to hear myself yell "Yaah~!" while attacking. n_n
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'll bet most of the recorded Kias would sound like kitty whispers.

Our grunts are fucking awesome, and the JP voices are pretty damn annoying. I got tired of my AoI beta character blabbering some incomprehensible nonsense every time I cast Diga after about an hour. I'd much rather hear maniacal laughter.

The US voices also happen to be the EU voices. Somehow I doubt a German or French player would appreciate their character belting out English phrases, I think.

In either case though, I don't think the very act of yelling out all those various phrases really translates very well to a Western audience. It comes off as campy more than anything else.

One thing that does bother me though a little is how the US/JP voices are actually mapped over each other, though. I think Shim had a topic in Gameplay about that...
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Crimson Butterfly

On 2007-05-09 14:46, Kaydin wrote:
    JP voices are so much better. They all actually have character. They say stuff. (What I have no idea. I don't speak Japanese. >.>

Each JP voice says different things, have different personalities almost. Ours are all pretty much the same thing, just sounds different.

Tired Cynic

As much as I think listening to my character yell 'Die!' or 'This ends here!' (or whatever crazy crap they'd say if they said stuff) would get irritating, the current US voices with their screams and grunts are nearly as bad.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Solution: Play a ranger.

Actually all my chars have too-deep voices. I made sure it sounded good in the US ver as that's what everyone hears, but I prefer voice 5 US to any of the JP voices. Saying stuff at SUV/nano is fun, saying stuff when casting, not so but I sorta blank it out with my force. All three of my male chars have voice 5 US, but they have voice 7 or 8 JP which is what I hear, it's too low for my liking but I live with it. When AoI is out I suspect it may come out on 360 in the west first, I'll import that version and play my chars with the voice I want them to have (voice 5 ftw).

However, I don't like how voice 5 grunts while casting either. So maybe I would still play my force with the japanese voice. I have a choice, it just means having to buy 2 copies of the damn game.

--_! Zoo !_--

US voices