Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

About a week ago I had the unfortunate displeasure of partying with a group of "gib f1ndr" whores. Now dont get me wrong, give finder has its place:

1. If your in a group of freinds.
    2. If your in a group of high level players and set normal items to give finder so as to not fill up inventories.
    3. Your simply running through an area as fast as you can and dont care about drops.

That said, ANYTIME, and I mean ANYTIME you are seriously playing an area and other players can join your party, give finder is the biggest piece of bull you can pull. Allow me to illustrate the simpler points of it via my intense MSpaint skillz:

Now if you dont see it that way, allow me to make it even MORE clear why this is a broken system that shouldve been left in the dusty annals of PSO.

EVERYONE contributes to the death of a mob in PSU, even if they didnt directly damage it. Just because the forces were to busy healing a hunter to hit it with diga, or the rangers were more intent on shocking the enemy than doing damage, does not meanthat hunters did all the work.

With that in mind, what makes it fair that because a person was within a footstep of an item its theres? I dont care who it was, I dont care if supposedly the ranger "ninja'ed" the rare, its still unfair to the party. They didnt have a chance, its simply due to someone being crafty and exploiting a system.

Even IF you use the arguement that rangers and forces can still get items on give finder, (which they cant if theyre doing there job properly all the time, at least on large mobs that pose a real threat), how does that make it any MORE fair?

So basically, please stop using this broken system. Ever. Most people are courteous enough these days to do so, but every once in awhile youll meet someone who just feels like an ass.

Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Lol nice pic XD!

XD

Stupid ranger! Rares are for blade-jocks!

"Say, I must be crazy walking out in these woods alone at night with a horrible mutilation practically around the corner." - Ranger Brad

it has its place, fact is most people dont want all drops, i wouldnt do it for rares though. and really if ra wants to be cut throat, they can prolly do it best, with the 0 lag from PA animation, and with thier moving attacks. I dont really care what normal item is on any more really tell the truth.

Stop being a damned coward and get into the fray like I do on both my fT and fG. It's called point blanking. You should try to use it sometime... after all, it's what the hunters do ALL the time.

EDIT: Sorry. I was busy cutting myself for losing a Kerseline to a Hunter item whore noob because I was in the middle of a shooting animation.

...but, it's OK because I ganked his Stelnium that just dropped off a mob while he was stuck in his silly PA animation. He booted me, and so now I'm sad. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-05-11 00:08 ]</font>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

oh the truth hurts...Since my main's a Ranger, i AVOID AT ALL COSTS "finder".

so unfair...>.<

I'm a force and I'm always in the fray XD.

It matters not where you stand but the logic of character type being in set areas is something you can avoid in this game since there's so many ways to destroy an enemy.

On 2007-05-11 00:05, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    Stop being a damned coward and get into the fray like I do on both my fT and fG. It's called point blanking. You should try to use it sometime... after all, it's what the hunters do ALL the time.

EDIT: Sorry. I was busy cutting myself for losing a Kerseline to a Hunter item whore noob because I was in the middle of a shooting animation.

...but, it's OK because I ganked his Stelnium that just dropped off a mob while he was stuck in his silly PA animation. He booted me, and so now I'm sad. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-05-11 00:08 ]</font>
    As I stated in my OP, I dont care WHO picks it up in give finder, the fact is that the entire party put work into killing a mob, and just because you can exploit a system and get an item 9-10 times doesnt make it fair, it simply means that your good at something that doesnt benefit the party.

By setting it to random or order you insure that everyone has an equal chance to the reward. This IS a community based game, not some solo rare-finding funfest.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

On 2007-05-11 00:14, Niered wrote:
    On 2007-05-11 00:05, Garnet_Moon wrote:

As I stated in my OP, I dont care WHO picks it up in give finder, the fact is that the entire party put work into killing a mob, and just because you can exploit a system and get an item 9-10 times doesnt make it fair, it simply means that your good at something that doesnt benefit the party.

By setting it to random or order you insure that everyone has an equal chance to the reward. This IS a community based game, not some solo rare-finding funfest.
    Random is boring and order is broken.

If you're too slow to get the item, then go play another game that has auto looting. Like Ragnarok or something else lame like that.

I don't go and get upset when someone comes back from AFK just to swipe a new rare board. I just take a sip of my drink and continue playing the game.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.