Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: About WoW

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Is it worth it? It looks a bit expensive (the monthly fee, that is).

What is/was everyone's impression?

You gotta know people and play with them in a group/guild atmosphere, or the mid-later quests just aren't any fun. When you're new to the game and trying to do stuff solo, it's not so bad; but as you get further and further, it's just kinda off-putish.

Since I'm on the PC more, I'm thinking of renewing my account for a month, but we'll see. I kinda miss my Tauren Druid; but odds are I'll get back into the game, get annoyed at the gameplay or something, and quit again.
    Look, he did it again.

Call me if theres any E-Drama

I agree. I hadmy cousin and other friends to play with for a few months. Very, very worth it. Very addictive (moresore than PSU)

I got the trial, spent 2.5 hours on the install and updates, played it for 40 minutes, then un-installed it. Game looks damn good, very nice environments, but that point and click game play puts me off. Get the trial and play it free for a couple weeks to see how you like it.

Yeah, I have to say, point and click stuff bothers me. Now, if you LIKE that gamestyle but wish it was faster paced, try City of Heroes/Villains.

I only play when my buddy has a spare account he gets from people he knows. The PvP system is very fast, way faster then you'd think an MMO would be.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Trial, eh? Sounds like a good idea.

I renewed my PSU account just today, and I think that was a pretty big mistake.

Yeah, it is a lot of fun if you have someone else to play with.

If you're playing by yourself on the other hand, you'll get bored quick, because usual, the community is in general too retarded to rely on to party with.

I seriously tried to just find a random group to play with, and ended up with stuff like a Hunter without a pet and wearing cloth armor, and a level 29 Mage(I was like level 21 or something) that I'm pretty sure I was outdamaging as a Paladin. Also, when asked 'I can heal or tank, which one should it be?' I was told 'BOTH.'

As they all said, when you have good luck with WoW, it's a total blast. Running instances and doing certain quests with a group is surprisingly exciting and addicting, especially when you're friends with your teammates and set up some sort of team speak. The staggeringly huge WoW player base is a mixed blessing, because you're almost always able to find a party or someone to just mess around with, but that someone isn't always guaranteed to be good... or even out of middle school. However, I think the fact that they've got so many subscribers is a very good thing. It ensures that it'll be a hugely long time before the servers ever close down, and they've got no excuse not to keep writing newer, better content for patches and expansions. A lot of people also like the Warcraft lore, especially if you're used to something as basically storyless as PSO/U.

There are naturally bad things about WoW, like the extreme integration of PvP into the normal gameplay, especially on PvP servers (of course, those aren't that tough to avoid if you're not interested). May god help anyone trying to play Alliance on a crowded PvP server--for every smart, mature team player, there will be 500 adolescent dickweeds, haha.

Anyway, yeah. I'd say give it a shot, especially if you're disillusioned with PSU. It's vastly different in a ton of ways, but better in a lot of categories. Plus, free trial!

GREAT game. Entirely lifesucking, just like the old PSO. I quit, 'cause of the vast amount of time it was consuming, and the fact that once you get to end-game, it seems to hover....oh, and that they're still charging a ridiculous amount for the monthly fee, because...well...they can. Grr.

I have been playing WoW since it launched. I did have some periods where I stopped, but it is the only MMO in which I ever reached a level cap.

But it is really about who you play with. Play with a good guild, it will be fun. Alone, and well, it can get dull. Sure, I solo a lot in the game, but I do talk to my guild a lot and they make the game a hell of a lot more fun.