Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, definitely add Hero to your list since you liked Crouching Tiger. I really liked both of those movies myself.

On 2007-05-26 23:54, Solstis wrote:
    That was an example of alliteration, actually.

Legend of the Flying Guillotine is pretty nifty, in an old fashioned kind of way. Hero was okay, I actually like it a little better than Crouching, but maybe only because Jet Li is in it. Jet Li's series of "The Legend" movies are good, but don't watch the dubbed versions.

Equilibrium was actually kinda stupid, in hindsight.
    Yes, the topic title is alliteration, which is reiteration of a consonant, the first line of the post is repetition, since it's reiteration of a vowel.

How about House of Flying Daggers? I might check that one out too.

I didn't like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon very much. Way too much of the action revolved around lifting the actors up with visible wires, and frankly, they didn't even do a very good job of making them look like they were jumping or flying instead of being hoisted. That seriously blew the movie for me.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Add Shaolin Soccer and House of Flying Daggers to that list.

Both Shaolin Soccer and House of Flying Daggers are at the top of my kung fu list.

But Master of the Flying Guillotine is the top.

Yeah, the whole flying over forests and stuff while fighting killed Crouching Tiger for me, too.

Versus has to be my favorite martial arts movie; not well known, and kinda low budget and
    campy, but the fights are completely amazing, and it has some kinda funny dark humor in it. Completely worth watching, and you can see almost all of it on youtube, though i recommend renting or buying it (undubbed, of course).