Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm very tired of this problem. My DSL PPoE works perfectly with XBOX Live, PS2 online games, and PC.
    With the GC BBA and PSO I lose connection every 20 minutes or so and then face BSOD. All non-equiped items are then lost. Does anyone know what SEGA is doing about this? I've read on Sega.com's PSO board that some people have sent their disc's in for an updated one. Is this true? Has anyone here done that?

I don't consider the router as a real solution. I've purchased the game, BBA, a Mem card, and a Hunter's License. That's enough.

If anyone has any info on an official solution to dsl ppoe problems please respond. I'm curious if SEGA has even acknowledged this problem.

Sega is a lazy bunch of SOB's. Don't expect much from them. Also, GameCube's broadband adapater has been giving my friends Owen and few other people shitty problems with connecting like REQUIRING DHPC. My fricken PS2 and Xbox can get online perfectly without me having to enable DHCP, thing is DHPC FUCKS UP MY FILE SHARING + the router i use allready has a god damned firewall taht should (but doesn't enable it) >=(

sit tight, there's got to be a way to get around it, i had trouble getting on but theres allways a way to figure this crap out it's just a pain in the behind =x i'm looking into this more if i find anything of importance i'll be sure to post it.

Somebody posted in another thread that you can contact Sega an they will exchange your copy of the game for a new "fixed" version.

On 2002-12-14 10:20, MarkXIII wrote:
    Somebody posted in another thread that you can contact Sega an they will exchange your copy of the game for a new "fixed" version.
    Thanks for the response but is this true? Has the person got the "fixed" version yet? Is this the official way SEGA is handeling this problem??

If so how long does it take to get the disc?
    I just tried to contact SEGA but it has to be during business hours M-F.

I have the same exact problem you do my friend. My Xbox Live works 100% perfectly, but I get FSOD'd on PSO every 20 minutes or so. I heard from Parn in a post a while ago that using a router would fix the problem immediately, but I'm not getting one until Christmas.

Due to Sega's own incompetence, Sega can only issue new disks if they want to fix it. They can't use RcvProgramPatch to fix it because they broke RcvProgramPatch itself! I could help them (I worked around that) but I highly doubt they'll care.

-- Barubary

this is 50% good 50% bad for me

cuz at 1 house i have cable and at the other i have DSL

Mercenary for Hire

Check the link below for what to do if you have problems with PPPoE and don't want to buy a router.This guy sent his disk and in the post he has the adress of where to send it and how long it took to get the game back.

http://boards.sega.com/cgi-bin/pso/t...m=23&topic=194

it work with router YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    now i am 100% lucky

On 2002-12-14 15:09, Riel wrote:
    Check the link below for what to do if you have problems with PPPoE and don't want to buy a router.This guy sent his disk and in the post he has the adress of where to send it and how long it took to get the game back.

http://boards.sega.com/cgi-bin/pso/t...m=23&topic=194
    Here's the complete post for those that are lazy.

"Well Im reporting back with an update on the new disk. First, let me make clear that my original disk was a US version. I bought it the day of release. Anyway, Im happy to report that the new disk works great. I have played for 4 hours on Vega Block 1 with absolutely no problems. If you are still getting random disconnections you should send your disk back to Sega immediately. I will post any further problems.
    So far so good. I believe Ive logged over 12 online hours so far. Ill keep posting my progress.
    If you are still having this problem contact Sega ask to send it in for a replacement.
    I have dsl with a PPPoE connection. My GC is connected right to the dsl modem. I sent Sega the entire game (disk, game case, instruction manuals), and a letter telling them what my setup was, the problem I was having, and the solutions Ive tried. I sent to them via UPS 5 day ground. The day they received it they sent me a new disk, with old game case, via overnight mail."

---
    There ya go, seems he had the same problem as us and a new disc fixed the problem. Now the question is whether or not I want to send mine. Seeing as how I'll be getting a router for Christmas anyway. Hmm..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sonicblue on 2002-12-14 15:21 ]</font>