Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Some may know (most probably don't give a rat's ass) that I recently remade my avatar character, Allison. Well, I'm still in the process of sorting her out, but I think I've figured out a good proportions arrangement.

Now what I don't know is to go human or newman (expected classes: fT/AT/WT, probably a smidgen of PT, maybe a little GT). I've pored over the stats, but either way, I'm going to take an unfortunate hit somewhere--I could obsess about it for ages, but there's no crystal-clear answer statwise.

So instead, I'm looking at it in a different way. Bearing in mind that this character is supposed to be modeled after myself: fTnewearls are about as prolific as bunnies/I'm ambivalent about giving up my "FOmarl cred," and I'm human; but a newman's stats (lower power/resilience, higher agility and mental stats) would probably reflect my own abilities better.

You can see the dilemma. My dear grandmother suggests newman for the better ability representation, but I'm still a little torn, and wondering what kind of brilliant insights you folks might have to offer.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Go with whatever resembles u and your personality the best.
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

i was making the exact same desicion(same classes too) and i QUICKLY decided to make a human! newmans are only good with magic! A.K.A. your not gonna be as good wtih guns or swords with WT, GT, PT, and AT, as u would be as a human! i would definatly pick human if your gonna do more than just FT and WT, and especially if your gonna be PT!
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Actually, Guntechers can easily pride on a high ATA stat over ATP as well. Newmans do well as one because they aren't taking a big ATP hit from the human, and get a good boost to ATA. That means you'll more likely hit with more shot (on the way up), landing the precious Status effects more.

It's not a crown direct damage class, so Newmans are good with consistancy with which many ways of playing that class bank on.

As far as threat level, to tell you the truth, just about anything that scares a Newman Guntecher, will do the same to a Human one.

I've heard Protransers are a different story, but I haven't played one. You'll see arguments from both sides from people who either played one or played with one.

Newmans can do well with guns, so don't let anybody tell you different. They aren't losing enough ATP to compare to the fact that their ATA is high. Guns and especially Status Effects are best when they hit more often, statistically speaking. Just remember, we're comparing to Humans, not other races where the difference is more notable.

From the defense front, your defense is going to be pretty much in line with the Humans. If it kills you, it'll often be the same for the human side. Difference is that the slight advantage of human surviving certain *close shaves* by taking a physical attack, will be similar to the Newman taking a tech one.

One might say, but the max HP. Yes, Physical attacks will be dangerous for a while, but early Guntechers, until they reach their late game all have to deal with being vulnerable from all sides. Just be glad you got that extra hundred MST on you. That class learns the five Ds of Dodgeball, and it's a mantra for them, in all occassions. (save for taking the occasional risk for a party member or two).

Protranser, is not my forte, but many seem to say the human stats actually do make the difference, in that class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-08 09:12 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Molesting rappies..... vfloresjr24's Avatar

I say human. Why you ask? Because I like being a hunter and newmans don't have the atp that I want to hack and slash the enemies. I guess you can say its just a personal opinion.

Don't human 'transers get a stat boost?

yea they do, and since she wants to be guntecher and wartecher also, shes gonna need good stats of everything!
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Human Transers do get a stat boost. I'm not sure how significant the percentage, though. Considering the stat boost percentage didn't exactly make an impact on Human Guntecher compared to the non-stat-boosted GTs like Casts.

But that's true. Originally, it was posted that Newmans got all the same stat boosts as humans for all mixed classes, but it's since been changed that only Humans got it for Protranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-08 09:24 ]</font>

Your choosing a race based on 4 techer classes and a protranser. Newmans would be a good choice with there bonuses in techer, also, as a force or ranger, your going to want that EVP more than that DFP. Most people here will tell you evasion is worthless in this game, its not. Only hunters should hate EVP, everyone else (especially gunners) benefit from it.

Also, your grandmother gives you gaming advice?! Hot dog, I wish mine even UNDERSTOOD what a vidjya gayme was.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Evasion is mainly worthless in the early game. The late game, however, it actually proves itself. You just have to go through the growing pains of it being a bit of a hinderance than a help. Though I guess I could say, Newmans probably get through those growing pains quicker, with that extra EVP.