Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

I mean honestly...I haven't heard anything new about this game in months. Last thing I remember was hearing that Link was going to be in the GC version...that was quite awhile ago. When's it coming out? I really want to get my hands on it.

I heard each console is going to have it's own exclusive character.

Jeez, I was thinking the same thing: Where the hell is the sucker? I've kinda lost interest by now.

Exclusive character for each console?! Maybe my Seung Mina will make it into one of those afterall, then.

On 2002-12-15 19:13, rbf2000 wrote:
    I heard each console is going to have it's own exclusive character.
    Its not GC exclusive? So its coming out for PS2!? That would be great if it did and I wounder what exclusive character PS2 would get, maybe Crash Bandicoot!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spektrum on 2002-12-16 09:40 ]</font>

cube.ign.com
    Link / SC2 Update

Hey, you said that awhile ago that link was in Soul Calibur 2, but everywhere else I go has no mention of that. Were you wrong, or has there been an update on it that I missed, or what?

Matt responds: We reported that Link of Zelda fame would be in Namco's upcoming 3D fighter Soul Calibur 2 as a playable character, yes. You haven't heard much about it since because Namco has been keeping it quiet. But the good news is that it still stands. In fact, whereas we originally thought Link would be an unlockable character in Soul Calibur 2, it turns out he'll be fully playable from the start.

On another note, the PlayStation 2 version of Soul Calibur 2 will feature an exclusive playable character too: Spawn. The same can be said about the Xbox version, but I'm not sure which character will be exclusive in that one. Perhaps Blinx? I kid, I kid.

Expect more news on Soul Calibur 2, including official announcements regarding these character exclusives, early next year.

On 2002-12-16 09:44, rbf2000 wrote:
    On another note, the PlayStation 2 version of Soul Calibur 2 will feature an exclusive playable character too: Spawn.

Spawn!? gees spawn...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spektrum on 2002-12-16 10:21 ]</font>

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

I'm guessing all this secrecy means that the game's gonna be BIG. Namco fighting games usually pack tons of secrets, and I think that's what might be keeping the game. And maybe they'll add more exclusives to each console besides characters, that would also be cool. I can't wait for it to come out.

I was wondering about Soul Calibur 2. I had completely forgotten about the whole Link thing. I hope the game is 4 player like DOA3.

I've heard online that we're looking at a January release in Japan. And in America it's TBA 2003. Hope for simultanious, expect sometime in March, or god forbid Q3 2003.

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2002-12-16 09:44, rbf2000 wrote:
    On another note, the PlayStation 2 version of Soul Calibur 2 will feature an exclusive playable character too: Spawn.
    Spawn as in the Todd Macfarlene creation or another character i dont have a friggin clue about?