This is really difficult to express so I'll set up with a situation:
    Let's say that a mag is raised to lvl 60 by a Virdia Racaseal.
    If I were to transfer this mag to a different character, and somewhere down the road it were to evolve would it go along with the new owner's class/id or would it evolve in a manner that reflects the original owner's class and id?

On 2002-12-15 22:00, Dymalos wrote:
    This is really difficult to express so I'll set up with a situation:
    Let's say that a mag is raised to lvl 60 by a Virdia Racaseal.
    If I were to transfer this mag to a different character, and somewhere down the road it were to evolve would it go along with the new owner's class/id or would it evolve in a manner that reflects the original owner's class and id?
    A MAG, as long as it's not a special MAG, will always evolve depending on who's feeding it. The only exception to this is level 35+ evolution MAGs. When a MAG evolves at level 10, it'll take a form based on the class feeding it and will retain this for it's 35+ evolution no matter who feeds it (ie. a level 10+ hunter MAG will always evolve into a level 35+ hunter MAG). At level 50 it goes back to evolving based on who's feeding it and continues this trend on levels multiple of 5. Special MAGs have one specific evolution and won't change no matter who feeds it.

I've noticed that Special Mags don't change color for the new characters costume as well. We raised a Rati, who had white wings, and the wings stayed white when given to a new character.

On 2002-12-16 12:05, MaachaQ wrote:
    I've noticed that Special Mags don't change color for the new characters costume as well. We raised a Rati, who had white wings, and the wings stayed white when given to a new character.
    MAGs don't change colors. Once it has a color (usually decided by the first person who owns/feeds it) it will keep that for the rest of its existence. Special MAGs typically have bodies that are specific colors no matter what, but there's always a spot on every MAG that retains its original color. For example: A Diwari's original color is on its underbelly, a Nidra's original color is its eye (for lack of a better term), and Sato's original color is about 90% of the MAG, just to name a few.

In the Dreamcast version (or, at least, version 1), MAGs did change color according to their owners costume.

On 2002-12-17 06:29, Jeffrey wrote:
    In the Dreamcast version (or, at least, version 1), MAGs did change color according to their owners costume.
    They still do that. It is when you transfer the mag to another character and have them feed it that it doesn't change color.

a Nidra's original color is its eye
    I have a nidra and it's color is on the back and the tip of the tail. The color of it's eyes are yellow and never change. I have noticed this when I played with other people who had a nidra for a mag.