Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Ok, so I'm still on my trip to Japan [going pretty good w/ her btw], and I go on a trip to Hiroshima. Now, we all know what happened there like 63 years ago, in World War II. Ok, so I'm aware that this'll be a flame war here, but ok, just want your opinions on this. In the trip, we all went to a museum that was dedicated to the memory of those who were killed in the atomic bomb attack. This girl who was in our group was saying that she hated being here because she hated how the video was trying to make the Japanese look like victims. She even went on to say that the victims of the Hiroshima bombings even DESERVED that punishment. Ok, what the FUCK is wrong with this stupid bitch? Ok, yeah, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor in a suprise attack, yeah, they attacked military targets and stuff in an attempt to destroy the fleet. Yeah, thats bad. Ok, 4 years later, Americans fucking threw a fucking atomic bomb on a city that had mostly, if not, only civilians. Innocent people, children, babies, etc were all fucking killed by that evil fucking demonic bomb, which didn't even be needed to be used since America was winning the war for the most part, and Japan was cornered, having to deal with America, Soviet Union, China, and Britain, all against like a half-dead Japanese army, and America goes on and throws a fucking bomb of the fucking devil. All that, and this bitch says "Oh, I don't care about what happened, in fact, I think they deserved it."

I mean, there was a person who would have been more deserving of her spot in this group which had limited spots, and instead of that more deserving person, this bitch comes along. Now, she always rubbed me the wrong way, but saying that innocent people deserved to be hit by a fucking demonic weapon just pushed me to my limit. I'm usually a passive person, but man, I just can't stand this person. I didn't like her, but this just pushes it for me. This person is a cold, heartless, bitch. Hell, if you even see her in person, you'll even doubt that she's even female, so its like she's ugly AND a bitch, the worst female human being that can possibly exist.

Yeah, a whole bunch of cursing, not what I'm accustomed to. By the way, here's what I think of this bombing. I just wish that something like this never happens ever again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-06-17 08:04 ]</font>
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

I mean, I think you could have phrased things better.

"This person deserves to die because she said these people deserved to die!"

Anyway, she is probably just an ignorant girl; I don't know why it bothered you so much!

On 2007-06-17 08:45, FOAtHeart wrote:
    I don't know why it bothered you so much!
    Rants forum. Case closed.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Japan could of surrendered at any time if it wanted to before and during the first bomb strike. They didn't though.

Lets not forget civilians were also killed in Pearl Harbor who had nothing to do with the war also.
    the US could of did a Siege like they did for the south islands but that could of been more timely/expensive/less successful, I'm not saying i support the idea; but at a time of war any expensive needed to be taken for "the world"

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

The Japanese were kinda, how to put it, douchebags, but didn't really deserve the whole bomb thingy, especially because none of the people responsible for the war crimes and cultural eliminations of the region were at the cities. Besides, I heard that the bombs just killed a bunch of Korean workers. Poo.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the Japanese people are just doing the finger thing to humour you.

The First

Those that died at Hiroshima and Nagasaki deserve a so much more honor and respect than they are given, and they don't receive it mainly because most people are taught patriotic history rather than the truth.

Truman did the right thing in dropping those bombs. It may have been horrible but it was a good call. Why?

Germany was only months away from having the atomic bomb.
    If the war had continued far more people would have died.
    It has prevented all out nuclear war due to everyone not having them and gave everyone a chance to reflect.

So in other words, while the event may have been horrid and grotesque all of us owe our lives to those who died in those blasts as well as those who fought in WW2, including hitler for if he wouldn't have started the war we would probably have gone into a full nuclear war later on when all of us didn't know what the consequences are.

also, i don't think all of them are doing it just to humour him, but prolly the vast majority of them are.

I believe it was wrong to have taken so many lives but it was our only choice at the time to bring the war to an end as fast as it did.

You also have to remember that the intention of the bombings were not to cost lives, because for who knows how long before the bombings (two weeks I think?). Fliers were dropped by our planes detailing exactly what would happen, and as a result some people did heed this warning and leave the area. But others did not, and as a result they got to see the horrors of the bomb up front.

But sadly, there was still a huge loss of life. And the effects of this bomb was felt both immediately and for many years after the bombing. Immediately because as soon as the bomb hit, the person who dropped it was quoted as saying "Oh my god, what have I done."

Later it was also seen and felt through the high incidence of cancer, the poisoned food and water, and the high rate of birth defects.

But for better or worse, as the person said in the post below mine. We cannot take all the blame, because part of what forced the decision was the efforts that Japan was putting into this war, which showed that they had no intentions of stopping any time soon. Some of this can be seen, not only with the bombings that happened, but with the constant stream of kamikaze bombings that happened. Which also posed a problem, to the US forces which was this... How do you fight an enemy that uses their lives as the ammunition to their weapon?

Not to mention the Japanese population was not the smallest population in the world, so there were plenty of these zeros turned flying bombs whose sole intention was to collide into the nearest enemy structure.

So as a result the Truman saw this as a way to put a stop to things once and for all. In the end it may not have been the best solution but it was an effective one given the cirumstances.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chii on 2007-06-17 11:48 ]</font>

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

neither side was free of fault. that's all I'm going to say.

My sig disappeared.

Yeah... I agree with Oran...
    They killed, we killed...
    Both sides were, as he put it, not free of fault

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I don't have much to add to the whole bombing thing, but I think everyone's confused on the picture he posted. That's actually him, Shiro Ryuu, and I'm pretty sure he's not Japanese.