Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

ahh Anonymous expands his empire into the minds of all
    Even in death i still serve

What Kaloa speaks about is very true, nor does it bother me that much. But I'm not going to blame people who might take offense to it. I mean, what kind of joke can someone possibly take offense to, if not that kind of one?

To the OP: If it offends you enough to make a post about it, report it. It has merit, nor would people think less of you for doing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 13:32 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

People who do stuff like this are really sad.

That's really all I can say.

If I still played and I found out their names I would blacklist them and be done with them, forever.

The op needs to get out of his sheltered life more or he's going to die of stress before he's 50 years old.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

On 2007-06-20 11:55, Sekani wrote:
    Apparently the "cool" thing among white teenagers and young adults is the "comedic" usage of racial slurs. Funny thing about the internet is that people usually don't know that I'm black, so it's simply amazing how often I hear the N-word casually tossed out as though it's a normal, everyday thing for them. This isn't restricted to PSU or Xbox Live or even the internet sub-culture, it's just like some people don't give a fuck anymore.

Personally, I tolerate such behavior to a point. It's not about me being offended, it's about respecting me as a person.
    A-freaken-men.

Yeah, so what if I sound white. Beleive it or not I am black. People think its a joke but it's not. Sadly we can't do a thing about it..unless you go to their house and beat the living shit out of their faces

On 2007-06-20 12:54, Lonzell wrote:
    lolcrackers
    THAT made ME laugh.

On 2007-06-20 13:32, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    The op needs to get out of his sheltered life more or he's going to die of stress before he's 50 years old.
    Maybe its the opposite.

Maybe the OP (or friends of the OP) are minorities in real-life who have a family history of being targetted by bigotted groups like the KKK and thus can't possibly find stuff like this, in a game of all places, remotely funny. Prejudice and racial-motivated hatred are simply not funny. In fact, to many people even the idea (or worse: the reminder) of them is hurtful.

I will say though that people are overly sensitive to racism. Almost to where it's very similar to racism. I remember when I was talking to a friend about something Sarah Silverman said on her program about younger black women being prostitutes. It wasn't racist in context because she plays dumb for laughs and had just come from prison and saw a black woman in there for prostitution. Anyways, some guy that had been quiet the entire time said, "watch what you say," and left the game. To me, jokes like that aren't wrong unless you mean them. Like if someone said that all black women are prostitutes and meant it as a true stereotype, that's racist. Otherwise, getting mad about every little thing and playing the race card continually, that's frankly just setting your race differently just as badly as racists do. It's like the feminists that hate on housewives... It's all about preference and choice. And I think the beat feminists are the ones that do whatever the hell they want to, rather than making a typical stereotype just because they want to be a feminist or whatever.

</end rant>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-20 13:44 ]</font>

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

A Mod needs to just hurry up and lock this topic. I don't see any good coming from it. Already that "lolcrackers" comment doesn't help this any.

On 2007-06-20 13:47, KiteWolfwood wrote:
    A Mod needs to just hurry up and lock this topic. I don't see any good coming from it. Already that "lolcrackers" comment doesn't help this any.
    Well it made me giggle, if that counts...

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.