Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

just share the series' you like that not many people know about. one of my favourites is the Ganbare Goemon series. (I hope i spelled that right) in it, there are 4 main characters, each with a main weapon. Goemon has a pipe, Ebisumaru has a few different ones over the length of the series, Yae has a sword, and Sasuke has Kunai.
    what about the rest of you.
    My sig disappeared.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Poor dialogue, campy character personas, hackneyed/cartoony storyline... and yet, I love playing it so much.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

haha, well this might seem weird to some but PSO! no one i know (personally, not counting people from this site) plays it so i consider it an unpopular game...

I would have said Gabriel Knight, but it's more of a "forgotten title" than an unpopular one.

I liked Still Life though. It's the sequel to Post-Mortem, and a murder mystery that alternates between the 1930's and present day to put the pieces together on a series of jack-the-ripper-esqe copycat murders. Decent puzzles, though the interface is somewhat clunky with a controller, a problem that has plauged adventure games on consoles since Manic Mansion on the NES. The atmosphere is quite good for an "Adventure Company" title, as is the storyline. Usually they follow the Benoit Sokal formula of using the game to showcase art, rather than produce a great game. I blame MYST for this. Somehow Still Life managed to both become entrapped by it, and yet still rise above it.

This game was largely overshadowed by Indigo Prophecy, despite being the far better title in all technical aspects aside from graphics and engine. While fanboys were creaming over the possibility of seeing a censored shower scene, Still Life was showing full nudity right under their noses. (of course... the nude bodies were mutilated and being drug through the street or put on a grotesque display.. but whatever)

Also, I really enjoyed Trace Memory for the Nintendo DS. This was another game that got a pretty poor reception. However I never took the game as a serious contender for a great adventure game - but more of a "My First Adventure" sort of endevour. The puzzles were simplistic, the storyline juvinile, and yet - it was fun. Using the DS stylus for point & click was both new and nostalgic. And as said, while simplistic, the DS Stylus offered a lot of novel variety in the way you solved puzzles. They even managed to use the DS's faults (the plastic covering the screens reflects light, for example) as a key to solving some of the puzzles. The whole experience was just... fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-21 10:55 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

I didn't mention PSO, because this is PSOWorld.

My sig disappeared.

yeah i know but i thought i'd just throw it out there, i also liked Grabbed by the Gouhlies and Voodoo Vince for the Xbox, two of the first games i got, and i liked Fuzion Frenzy, despite the sequel being God-awful

even though someone recently mentioned a new MMORPG title for it on PC, I thought Monster Hunter was good (first one on PS2) and only know of one other person around here that has even heard of it. It wasn't recieved well in America, though it's supposedly much more popular in Japan. You actually hunt monsters to make your weapons, armors, and traps (including barrel bombs, fear.) Which you then use to hunt stronger monsters and use their stuff to make stronger things. You can also mine for materials and forrage them. You cook your own meat, you can fish.

The game is easy at first, but gets really hard after a few advances in quest ranks. You'll find yourself hunting and scavanging for hours to find materials to make your stuff. It really gets hard when you start trying to take down dragons, my god it's brutal. But when you finally take it down your so freaking happy you don't know what to do.

I think it's one of the harder games to find now, but you could probably get it used for 20 bucks or something. It's a fun game, and anyone who likes PSO (I don't know about PSUers) will like Monster Hunter. My friend tells me online is free for the PS2 by the way, like PSO you just team up and go on quests.

I remember back then. . I liked Mission Impossible for N64. <_<

brain lord for the snes lol

The First

>.>
    I more or less don't like games that are popular...like Resident Evil...