Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing item excavations. This is aimed at trying to figure out what each section id can find, which area each item is located, and on what difficulty the items can be found. And also how many laps do you need to get the item or how long it takes.

To do this I will need people willing to do LOTS of playing. What we'll do is make multiple laps in specific areas with specific section id's on specific difficulties. For instance, we will play through the entire Mines level on V-Hard in a Redria game for a number of laps. For example doing mines 25 times/25 laps with the same character.

A different objective of these exacavation reports, if you choose, is to play as many times as it needs to get a specific target item as our objective. For example: Red Scorpio in Ultimate Mines from Baranz. This way we can see how long it usually takes to find an item.

I know this sounds like a lot for players to do, but if we can get a lot of players doing these excavations, this will turn out great.

Let me know if you're interested in helping out. I'm not looking for a particular time and meeting place to do this right now, but I would like to get a head count and other ideas on this.

Please use the following files as a template. You can print it out or use the Excel file.

Download them here.

HTML Format

or

Excel Format

So you can choose to do just 25 laps or a minimum of 10. Or you can choose a specific item and do as many laps as it takes to get that item.

Fill it in with all the information. If you used the MS Excel document format we posted, you can email it to lolita. If you just have a list you can post it in this thread. you can also pm the report to me or lolita or email it to her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-05 12:17 ]</font>

well the way we should do it to be consistent is note at each lap what the findings are and from which monster. so we have a list of items found for every go

ideally, we could do every level with every idea for 25 laps at individual difficulty setting

it might be slow, we have to note every monster every drop. but this way we could be consistent, we could verify items, and we can also see if there are existing patterns.

pixel's down, i'm down for it. so if you're down, post here, post your level and section id. let's hopefully get this rolling.

this is a sample jp circumference report for redria mountain vh, 50 laps. ignore the question marks and gibberish since it's jp font. but basically this is what we do.

we could also keep track fo experience, number of monsters spawn for each type, yadda yadda.

001 lap eye ?f?B?X?J of release person / the Ur * gibbon
    002 lap eye ???e?I?X?}?b?V?? / sol * gibbon
    003 lap eye It is not
    004 lap eye Photon drop / box
    005 lap eye It is not
    006 lap eye ???e?I?X?}?b?V?? / sol * gibbon
    007 lap eye It is not
    008 lap eye It is not
    009 lap eye ???e?I?X?}?b?V?? / sol * gibbon
    010 lap eye It is not
    011 lap eye It is not
    012 lap eye ???e?I?X?}?b?V?? / sol * gibbon
    013 lap eye It is not
    014 lap eye It is not
    015 lap eye It is not
    016 lap eye It is not
    017 lap eye ???e?I?X?}?b?V?? / sol * gibbon
    018 lap eye Custom ray ver,00/ box
    019 lap eye It is not
    020 lap eye It is not
    021 lap eye ?f?B?X?J of release person / the Ur * gibbon
    022 lap eye It is not
    023 lap eye It is not
    024 lap eye It is not
    025 lap eye It is not
    026 lap eye It is not
    027 lap eye Spirit garment / ?M?u???X
    028 lap eye It is not
    029 lap eye It is not
    030 lap eye Spirit garment / ?M?u???X
    031 lap eye It is not
    032 lap eye It is not
    033 lap eye It is not
    034 lap eye Photon drop / Merill rear
    035 lap eye It is not
    036 lap eye It is not
    037 lap eye It is not
    038 lap eye It is not
    039 lap eye It is not
    040 lap eye Custom ray ver,00/ box
    041 lap eye ?f?B?X?J of release person / the Ur * gibbon
    042 lap eye Custom ray ver,00/ box , ?J???h?{???O / box
    043 lap eye ???e?I?X?}?b?V?? / sol * gibbon
    044 lap eye It is not
    045 lap eye It is not
    046 lap eye It is not
    047 lap eye Spirit garment / ?M?u???X
    048 lap eye It is not
    049 lap eye It is not
    050 lap eye It is not

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-12-17 20:46 ]</font>

The OTHER Special K

I might be interested in this. I'm all about getting shinies anyway. I love shinies. Anyway, I'll volunteer for Cave runs, even though it's not my favorite level, it'll help me get those Pan Arm's Blades I love so much.

Char info:
    Special K HUcast Lv 80 Redria
    Korrell FOnewm Lv 13 Pinkal
    Rin RAmarl Lv 6 Oran

I prefer to use the first character, but I know there's already lots of Redria info, so I'll use the other two if I must.

i think any info is good info. caves redria hard or very hard?
    would be interesting to see the reports

I'd be willing to help out. My main character is Regnir, a L89 PINKAL HUmar. I have seven other characters as well.

Maybe we should also take beats into account?

Today I'm going to see what that fellow had been speaking about with beats .. 0-100 is from 6PM EST to about 8:30PM EST .. so, I'll play then, and see what I get. Should I get noticably more rares than usual, I'll make note of it ..

Only thing is, whose beats would the game follow, if this is true? My guess is it would go with the host player's..

Eh, just rambling .. I'm going to sleep now, awfully late..

we should note of beats too, just to see if there is really a pattern. that is a good thing to note. and yeah go by the game creator if you're online. if you're offline then well that's an easy thing to say.

let's try to get this rolling and post reports. you don't have to do 25 in one sitting, just do it over a period of days.

remember, try to note exp gain, and number of creatures per monster. it'd be a useful guide to have!

and also note level gains in the lap if you do level up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-12-18 00:30 ]</font>

FOnewearl Plushie Fan

I'll take Viridia cave runs, if nobody else minds that. Should we also record how many times we pipe in or out? That could affect it too, and if we're recording beat times we may as well go for completeness and keep track of when and how often we do that...

let's do that too then, since some enemies might reset. and also note the level you start with.

when we start to get good reports, i will set up an excavation reports section on the site. should be interesting and good info for all pso players.

so recapping

note:
    1.beat time
    2.# of telepipes
    3.level gains
    4.monster/rare drop/lap #
    5.# of monsters per type
    6.exp gain
    7.character info
    8.section id of course
    9.level
    10.difficulty
    11.online or offline
    12.quest name if doing one
    13 character class

am i missing any?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-12-18 00:56 ]</font>