View Poll Results: Just got back from seeing an 8pm feature of the movie. Fucking awesome movie! Not a moment I didn't

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

22 91.67%
  • It was alrighty.

1 4.17%
  • Meh.

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Just got back from seeing an 8pm feature of the movie. Fucking awesome movie! Not a moment I didn't like!

What'd you think?

I actually didn't know much about the Transformers series in general. My friend was the one who really wanted to see it with me. So we got a huge group together and went to see it.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed the movie, I thought it was pretty damn well acted and that the Transformers were well integrated into the movie as well. Though, I guess I wouldn't know anything about the Transformers and how their original personalities/models related to how they were presented in this movie.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Someone came storming into my office this morning saying how awesome the movie is. I was skeptical since Michael Bay can suck the life from just about any script, but I think i may check it out.

I grew up with the series, and loved it.

I was this movie, and fell in love with it. If you plan to see a movie this summer, THIS IS IT.
    I'm still around.

Haha, best $10 I ever spent.

Fer shure.

Bumblebee is a cool looking Camaro, now I want a Camaro.

Starscream to me has &always will be my favorite character.
    I think Michael Bay left out some loose ends to make a sequel. Starscream jets off into space. The Autobots stayed behind.

I enjoyed this movie alot.

Leviatha, well there are more loose ends than that if you look close enough! But zomg that was incredible!

That whole movie was just a blur of screaming robot whoop ass Most movies have distinguishable action scenes, but this! Holy, it's just a massive robot battlefield.

SPOILERS:
    Well, considering that starscream and if I remember right, skorpinok, both live it's likely a sequel will come. Also after megatron merges with the allspark, a tiny little bit of it is left in his chest which optimus takes [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] in addition he calls him brother which is totally new to me [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I predict, megatron's merge with the allspark later forms him into galvatron, and the tiny bit of allspark is more than likely used to tie into energon cube reference. Once starscream rebuilds his troops I'm sure we'll see him get his old personality back and try to take megatron's throne only to get his butt handed to him by galvatron. And then we'll see a bunch of the other transformers come back to meet with prime and starscream. Any way thats what I think will happen in the sequel!

BTW when in the heck did this new firefox version get spell check, holy carp thats helpful!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2007-07-03 16:22 ]</font>

Yep, Foxis is right.

Having Optimus' original voice in there was a great help with the feel of the movie. I would LIKE them to get Starscream's original voice in there, too, because it made him sound so fucking evil. Soundwave's original voice would be great, too, since it was my favorite one out of all the transformers. If they get Soundwave's voice back, they'll get Megatron's since Frank Welker did both of them.

Don't read on if you don't want any spoilers

Both Scorponock and Starscream are alive at the end. Looks like Starscream went back into space to gather more Decepticon forces, and Scorponock stayed on earth to keep track of Autobot progress, or something. I can't remember, but I think Soundwave lived, too, or Frenzy, or Rumble, whomever that little bot was supposed to be. At the end, it seemed to me that the Autobots didn't react correctly to Jazz getting ripped in two. That scene seemed akward to me, not only that it happened midway through the last battle, positioning it a little bit too far back for the oomph they were going for, but also that when it was brought to Optimus' attention, he was all like. "Yeah, we lost a brave comrad. We gained new ones. That's all I have to say about it." in true Forest Gump fashion. I mean, shit, Jazz was incorrectly labeled his second in command at the beginning of the movie, (it was originally Ironhide in the cartoon) and he doesn't seem to give a shit when he dies. Although, I do see Jazz' death as something of a tribute to the original voice of Jazz having passed away in real life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-07-03 16:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-07-03 17:53 ]</font>

Don't read! Spoilers!
    Anyway trypticon I had no idea jazz died irl!? aww jeez that's depressing v_v. But I totally thought of it as a funny cliche seeing as out of all the autobots the only one to die was the black one [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    But I was thinking about it, and I can think of plenty of reasons for the way he acted:
    1 he may have thought of using the allspark shard to bring him back
    2 he may have been forced to keep his image of a proud hero/leader and didn't feel it would be right to show that kind of weakness. (after all what would ironhide think XD)
    3 considering all the comrades he must of lost during the war he may have just decided to look at him rather as a statistic
    4 or maybe he was looking at the worst possible situation. Like he said the benefits of the outcome outweighed the negative, hes alive, the decepticons are defeated, they only had 1 casualty and they gained valuable companions.

Man is it just me or is this thread starting to look like some crazy government document?

Just a little bit, but it's good that it's looking that way. This movie is suprisingly very good, and having spoilers out where everyone who doesn't want to see them may do so by accident would be a shame.

Also: What's the deal with Megatron being stranded on Earth for so long, and frozen, at that. It would have been more believable for fans had Jetfire/Skyfire, or whatever name they have trademarked for him now as found there, so it could have gone along more with the comic/cartoon, and given Starscream some more airtime, and a deeper story to his character.

Maybe that's just in my interest though, eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-07-03 17:00 ]</font>

MOUNTAIN DEWCEPTICONS AND X-BOTS 360

I love viral marketing.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.