View Poll Results: Just got back from seeing an 8pm feature of the movie. Fucking awesome movie! Not a moment I didn't

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

22 91.67%
  • It was alrighty.

1 4.17%
  • Meh.

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

The First

Bonds form quicker when you are relying on someone to protect your ass...

I think it would be interesting to note that the "adaptation" has a lot of things missing out of it. One thing is the hacker kid isn't there at all and the woman that finds that guy is only in one scene...the scene where she talks to sam on the copter asking why he's there. The cellphone to transformer scene is gone...just alot of it is written in a dif way... i prefer the movie over it because of the comedy and comic looks spliced together and rather badly written.

WARNING: This post be long!!

That was an AWESOME movie!! I've actually seen it twice already...my gf couldn't make it when we saw it the first time, so I went back to see it with her. XD Of course, I am a Transformers fan anyway (have been ever since the old cartoon), but still, I thought it was very well done. It seemed like the movie managed to be nostalgic for fans and be respectful to the cartoon, and yet still be a really cool movie on it's own. Of course the effects were amazing, but 2 things I want to mention about them. One: I liked the fact that they weren't afraid to have them Transform often. In the original cartoon they could transform at will, it wasn't like a special ability that had some kind of limit or cost associated with it. So it was nice to see them transforming left and right in the new movie as well. Two: they moved really well, I thought; you could really see the weight involved when they walked or jumped or did anything.

As for the reaction to Jazz's death I personally vote for #2 of Foxix's possible explanations:

2 he may have been forced to keep his image of a proud hero/leader and didn't feel it would be right to show that kind of weakness. (after all what would ironhide think XD)
    Of course, the "real" reason may just be cause they were running out of time...wouldn't be the first time an important scene in a movie ended up feeling a little squashed due to that.
    On 2007-07-04 00:30, DurakkenX wrote:
    and the way the Autobots were pretty much manhandled in the battle, while reminiscent of the true transformers history, but not part of this one, just was bad. The only "strong" Autobot was Optimus
    and he got owned by Megatron.
    You know, it's funny...after the movie was over, I kinda thought the same thing at first, regarding the big battle. But then, I saw it a second time, and suddenly I had a different impression of what
    was going on. Perhaps it was because the initial "Wow" factor wasn't getting in the way of noticing details, but on my second viewing, it just seemed like the battle was much more even between the Autobots and the Decepticons, almost to the point of being an even match that could have ended with no clear victor. The humans were the factor that tipped things in the Autobots favor. I'd give you a detailed breakdown of what I saw that changed my mind, but this post is already getting way too long. O_O

Last thing!
    On 2007-07-04 19:20, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    I cannot fucking believe Blackout died to fucking humans but Barricade wasn't even touched. Fucking lame. Let my favorite one die, and let that retarded one live and not even be in the final fight! Bah! Oh, and Bonecrusher, another of my favs... died like, 10 seconds after spawning. Prime is a fucking spawn camper.

And Starscream was the lone survivor of the Decepticons... well, and the Mountain Dew machine... lol. I can't wait for the second one with Dinobot... wonder how they'll work him into it.
    Actually... I believe Barricade [i]was[/i] KO'd. It goes by VERY quickly, but there is a scene not too far into the big city battle...you can see a gray-ish black-ish Decepticon being taken out by fire from Ratchet (who is mostly off-screen, but you can tell it's his arm by the color), with some help from several human soldiers. It's a little difficult to tell cause the scene does go by very quickly, but since A) Barricade is mysteriously absent for the rest of the battle, B) the Transformer being shot up is [i]clearly[/i] a Decepticon, since the humans are targeting him, C) the size is right for Barricade, and D) if I'm wrong, that would mean that every Decepticon had a coup de gras scene, except for him (and of course Starscream, but he survived), and that would just be weird.
    And, uh...Dinobot? Don't you mean the Dinobot[b]s[/b]? Maybe you are thinking of the character from Beast Wars...? Unless I'm forgetting about someone... [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Roll out!

The First

copy and pasted from wikipedia... dinobot... i can only surmise that he means "Grimlock"

unless he is going to use time travel in which case dinobot could be in there i guess...actually even if they didn't dinobot could be in the next movie because he "died" in prehistoric earth and never went back to the future cybertron which means he could be found inactive or hidden as he was supposed to be revived in transtech transformers series which i think is part of canon, but not sure on that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-07-06 15:05 ]</font>

It was very good. A lot of good CG animation in there, like I haven't seen in a while, particularly the scene where Starscream flying past the bridge in F-22 form, quickly transforming into a robot.

Lot of good memories too. Good hearing Optimus Prime speak again, it's almost as if he hasn't changed over the years.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2007-07-06 12:47 ]</font>

The character Dinobot was from a different generation of Transformer series. The Dinobots were from the original series. It would be more interesting to see them show up than a single new character.

Also, yeah, Starscream wasn't the only survivor of the Decepticons. Watch the movie again if you didn't catch it the first time. Or you can read this thread again from the beginning

The First

dinobot is from beast wars as far as i know that is the only one called dino bot besides the 5 dinobots...and beast wars as i said ARE part of the G1 transformers.

No, it couldn't be part of G1, they changed too many things. The biggest being how they took Optimus Prime's "spark"(LOLMATRIXOF LEADERSHIP). Aside from that during the Beast Wars run the Ark had taken serious damage so it couldn't be G1..
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

The First

It IS G1 and Optimus' as well as Megatron's spark was both returned to them.

For the longest time it's been nothing but speculation among fans. I've never seen anything that explicitly says it takes place in the same universe so I'm not going to debate it. But while we're on the subject, when were the sparks returned? I must have missed that episode.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

There was some creative license used, but just from seeing the actual G1 transformers in Beast Wars it should be pretty obvious that they were in the same timeline.