I've noticed something interesting online. Zanba (The sword Donoph uses in 'Retired Hunter') has been around for a bit now. I've seen a number of people with it in their trade inventories, so there are people who have it.

However, I have yet to see anyone aside from myself USING it. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Zanba, it just appears that everyone who has it prefers to use a Chainsawd or Red Sword. Understandible, as both these weapons are stronger. However, since I have neither, I use the Zanba. and lo, but it is cool.

People ask me all the time what weapon it is, admire it... they know what a Zanba is it seems, they've just never seen it USED. I have not ONCE been in a game with anyone else using one. In games where everyone is using Demolition Comets or Frozen Shooters, it's nice to have a weapon that is uniquely me. A few people have even identified me as 'The guy with the Zanba'

My first question is, does anyone else use a Zanba regularly? And secondly... despite Zanba being a weaker weapon, I'm considering sticking with it rather than upgrading to a Red Sword or Chainsawd, simply because it IS unique. No one else uses it. It's something that sets me apart, and I LIKE that. Who cares if I do 20 points less damage? So, does anyone else use a weaker (Though still useable) or out-of-favour (such as slicers) weapon instead of a stronger weapon, just because they like the weaker weapon better, or because it sets them apart?

The OTHER Special K

I've been using my Stag Cutlery a lot lately, even though it's weaker than my fully ground Yamato. I'll probably use that until I find either a pair of S-Beat Blades or Pan Arm Blades (favoring the weaker Pan Arms over the two).

Well this is a good question...

I like my Supressed gun..just for the coolness effect.

I also like my Agito too.

But I was wondering..where did you find that Zanba? I would love to equip one of those!

On 2002-12-19 22:22, PSO_LEGEND wrote:
    Well this is a good question...

I like my Supressed gun..just for the coolness effect.

I also like my Agito too.

But I was wondering..where did you find that Zanba? I would love to equip one of those!
    I traded for it. A 120 POW Asparas, if I remember correctly. supposedly you can find them in Ult Ruins, not sure which ID's

You traded it for a 120 Pow. Mag?? WOW!! Awsome trade!! I have 4 Pow. mags just sittin in my bank. I wish I could get a Zanba for one..(hint,hint)!

On 2002-12-20 01:06, PSO_LEGEND wrote:
    You traded it for a 120 Pow. Mag?? WOW!! Awsome trade!! I have 4 Pow. mags just sittin in my bank. I wish I could get a Zanba for one..(hint,hint)!
    Not a chance!

Well, maybe if I find another one ;p

Seriously, you can trade a level 200 mag for damn near ANYTHING, if the stats are good (i.e. POW for Hunters, MIND for Forces and POW & DEX for Rangers). It just takes some persistence.

well if you do find another Zanba..please let me know..I'll try to hook you up with something!