Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

bitter, much?

EDIT: as if this thread has enough whinging about classes. Yeah lets bitch about platforms too lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-07-24 07:57 ]</font>
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

On 2007-07-23 12:25, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
    On 2007-07-23 09:42, Sexy_Raine wrote:
    On 2007-07-09 11:54, NIloklives wrote:
    if you want flashy, don't pick a gunner class...if you want efficiency...then play a gunner.
    My thoughts exactly.

Overpowering the game > Flashy Variety

Though Mayalee Fury is probably more fun to use than any hunter skill out there.
    Believe me. Gunners DO have flash and variety. All you have to do is stop relying so damn much on rifles and you'll find out just how much fun being a gunner can be. Elemental grenades, Boma Maga, shotguns and crossbows, the occasional Mayalee Hit and laser cannon shot (especially of the Mayalee variety), sabers mixing in with crossbows or handguns. Status effects? Just use traps and/or party with someone who's got dark shot or some kinda burn4 loaded up.
    if you read anything else I said, i quite clearly stated that rangers have more variety than any other class in the game. but variety is not synonymous with flashy. flashy is hittting and enemy 8 times in one spot then leaping into the air and flipping forward sending the enemy flyying across the screen. flashy is flying forward parallel to the ground and spinning (ala psycho crusher) and sending things flying in every direction then landing on your feet in a sliding fashion for several seconds before standing up. FLASHY is slamming your entire mass along with your weapn into an enemy and causes them to fly along the ground into a roll then leaping after them plunging your weapon into their doby while they lay helpless then fliping your weapon out of the ground and fliging the enemy again.

Flashy is not a single solitary boom.

variety hoever is very much having a list of weapons each with their own specific abilities and very unique purposes for various situations.

I have never said "rangers are great...I love rifles.../end" thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-24 08:18 ]</font>

the thing i like most about rangers is how you can have one rifle/shotgun/whatever - but it's really like have more than just that one, because you can equip various bullets - whereas hunters (when i was one anyway) would have to run to and fro from their room to restock weapons depending on what mission they were going to be doing. same can be said for techers.. ya ya
    gt: pixelsofdeath

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2007-07-24 07:41, Akaimizu wrote:

Megid has a lower chance of making you die that those other techniques. If I had a choice, to live, between a High Speed Foie that does 2000+ and a Megid ball. I'd take the Megid Ball. That lowers your chances of being 1-hit killed, because it isn't guarranteed upon successful impact. I'm no stranger to that scenario. There are now things that make Megid look like old news.
    You need better armor.

On 2007-07-24 08:22, APEXi wrote:
    the thing i like most about rangers is how you can have one rifle/shotgun/whatever - but it's really like have more than just that one, because you can equip various bullets - whereas hunters (when i was one anyway) would have to run to and fro from their room to restock weapons depending on what mission they were going to be doing. same can be said for techers.. ya ya
    Justfor that reason i like being a gunner... cause i dont have to equip different weapon to be efective i can just switch my bullets and use them when ever i want...
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

oh...as a followup, from before. during firbreak, shocking vandas I know for a fact prevented their Damfoie or flat out stopped it. but running desert terror S2 the other day it didn't do the same thing. not sure how or whyit worked back then but doesn;t now, but clearly that strategy no longer works, so i take back that statement, my apologies. I maintain though that getting hit as a gunner denotes a lack of skill. heck I get hit too...it's not like I'm trying to say I'm better than anyone. but I'm also not so full of pride as to say it's not my fault when it happens.