Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Item Distribution Test #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlPZgmt_WY

Thanks to Siertes for recording this. We tested PSU's "Set to Order" option.

Siertes and I were in a 2 person locked group. Unsafe Passage C with rares were set to finder and normal items were set in order.

First item dropped was a dimate. Second item dropped was an acenaline. Third item dropped was wenceline.

I picked up the acenaline, which went to me. If drops were already predetermined, then by process of elimination, the dimate can never go to me and must go to Siertes.

Next I picked up the wenceline, which went to Siertes.

Finally I picked up the dimate, which went to me. It did not already belong to Siertes. The dimate and the acenaline were the first and second items dropped and they both went to me.

This proves that the owner of an item is not determined the moment it drops. This test shows that an item's ownership is determined the moment that item is picked up.

Item Distribution Test #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSwL92R23k4

Thanks again to Siertes for recording this.

Siertes and I were in a two person locked group. Unsafe Passage C with rares were set to finder and normal items were set in order. The order in which the items drop doesn't matter, as proven already.

First item picked up was a megi-photon. This went to Siertes. Process of elimination means the second item picked up in this first set must go to me.

Second item picked up was 11 meseta. This went to me.

Third item picked up was a ray-photon. This went to Sierte, not me. The ray-photon can't be the second item in the first set.

The first non-meseta item and the second non-meseta item picked up both went to Sierte. This means they were not in the same set. The 11 meseta drop must be the second item in the first set. This proves that meseta is not sorted separately from nonmeseta items.

Item Distribution Test #3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3P0pLaPt9c

Thanks again to Siertes for recording this.

Siertes and I were in a two person locked group. Sleeping Warriors S2 with rares were set in order and normal items were set in order. The order in which the items drop doesn't matter, as proven already.

First item picked up was a ban-photon. This went to Siertes. Process of elimination means the second item picked up in this first set must go to me.

Second item picked up was kerseline. This went to Siertes. The kerseline can't be the second item in the first set. The first item picked up and the second item picked up both went to Siertes. This means they were not in the same set.

The first normal item and the first rare item picked up both went to Siertes. This proves that rares are not sorted with non rare items. The distributer keeps separate track of rares and normals if both are set in order.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zoamel_Gustav on 2007-07-18 08:39 ]</font>

i think pre-determination only happens on rares, but cant say for sure.

Interesting because when i tested it... for the rares.. I intentionally skipped one which was supposed to go to me. We continued to grab rares with myself down 1 rare and when I went back to grab it, that rare I skipped went to myself.

We're still investigating this? it's determined when they're picked up. x.X I thought everyone knew that.

heck I don't have video but i've made parties where we all skipped NPC rares and just got "the good stuff." everything was evenly distributed and no one was skipped...ever.

truth

On 2007-07-10 14:31, NIloklives wrote:
    We're still investigating this? it's completely broken so don't fuss about it

truth.
    Fixed.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I think the only reason peale get confused is when the order resets after you go through a complete loop

For example, it a 3 person party: A, B, C

the order for the first set of items is A, B, C.

however, once 3 items are found, the order resets. it *could* be C, B, A, which makes it look like 'C' got back to back rares.

Also, there is some concern over larger meseta drops, and how the game treats them.

Finally, there is the question of what happens when you inventory is full (don't laugh, I've seen this happen). I don't think any indication is given (no 'skip' message).

On 2007-07-10 15:37, Kion wrote:
    On 2007-07-10 14:31, NIloklives wrote:
    We're still investigating this? it's completely broken so don't fuss about it

truth.
    Fixed.
    Cry more.

On 2007-07-10 15:52, SolomonGrundy wrote:
    I think the only reason peale get confused is when the order resets after you go through a complete loop

For example, it a 3 person party: A, B, C

the order for the first set of items is A, B, C.

however, once 3 items are found, the order resets. it *could* be C, B, A, which makes it look like 'C' got back to back rares.

Also, there is some concern over larger meseta drops, and how the game treats them.

Finally, there is the question of what happens when you inventory is full (don't laugh, I've seen this happen). I don't think any indication is given (no 'skip' message).
    The order itself is random, and I can't be bothered to figure out the fine print on things like what happens when someone joins, someone leaves, the leader changes, my mom has 2-star luck, the dog ate Luvia's homework, etc. All I know is that at the end of the run, everyone has the same amount (give or take one) of 7+ star items.

Also, as far as anyone knows, meseta is treated as a normal item, and you do see a skip message when your inventory is full. If there is for some reason no skip message on rare items, that I couldn't tell you.

I've never NOT seen a skip message. it's just it only says "skip" to the one who it skips

also the order can be anything but as grundy pointed out it CAN end up as

"A B C C B A" But even then it will comtinute as that the entire time:

A B C C B A A B C C B A

in that instance, everyone is getting a total of 4 rares, but the order in which they're allocated seems a bit skewed.

A someone who has successfully "counted" rares, just to see if it could be done, I can safely say, order does not predistribute rares

On 2007-07-10 17:11, Sekani wrote:

The order itself is random, and I can't be bothered to figure out the fine print on things like what happens when someone joins, someone leaves...
    I believe I have an answer to how that works. Simply put, the order resets when someone joins/leaves mid-mission.

Example:
    Three person group, open game, the starting order is A B C. Player A gets his first item, then player D joins game before player B gets his/her item. Instead of the current item order of A B C, it is now D A C B, regardless if player B was next in line for an item from the first order. The order of items is reshuffled and reset the instant player D came in.

To simplify:
    Current order: A B C
    Next player in line for item: B
    Player D joins
    Order is reshuffled and reset
    End setup after the player joins: D A C B

Same thing when someone leaves. It's reshuffled and reset.

Simplified:
    Current order: A B C D
    Next player in line for item: D
    Player C leaves
    Order is reshuffled and redelt
    End setup after the player is gone: D B A

So when there is a party where people are constantly joining and leaving, the order of items keeps getting reset and reshuffled. This is why it's possible for one person to get 4 items when items are set to order.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2007-07-10 18:26 ]</font>

actually...as far as I know it works THIS way:

the order is in this example

A B C D E F (repeat)

the current players are : C D E

An item is picked up and since neither A nor B is in game, it skips directly to C

Someone joins and is labled A. the next item is picked up, but since A and B were skipped on a technicality...A will have to wait til their next turn...So it goes to D

E, mad they didn't get a rare yet leaves. and at the same time a new player joins. they are labled F

Another rare is picked up. E left so it goes to F and the next rare goes to A now that it's cycled through all the numbers. the arder remains A B C D E F. but who is actually which within that order is determined in an odd maner.