Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Angels Demon

I've been looking at all the different weapon types this class can use. Seems like my kind of game play style. Anyone know of someone using this class or have used this class? Opinions are wanted! Please, leave the hate "I'm right your wrong" spam out.

It's a difficult class, to say the least. You start off at roughly 50% of you normal stats when at PT 1. By PT5 Your ATA returns to normal and you hsould be able to equip most of the gun type weapons. The next 5 levels will be mostly about HP and ATP. Depending on your character level, you might have to get to level 8-10 to use an Axe.

Stat wise, it's underwhelming. You'll have access to most of the heavy weaponry in the game though. You'll also get skills and bullets to level 30, which takes a long time to make full use of.

I play mainly as a protranser. I use a hard/power charge to get my ATP to almost that of a figunner (not quite though).

The real trouble with PT isn't really stats, or A rank only weapons, it's mobility.

Almost all of the weapons they use require you to stand still, or take a while to swing.

It is not a class to solo in, at all. But, they make one of the best party members anyone could want.

Oh yea, they use traps too. >.>

Things I forgot:

-They have the highest critical hit ratio of any class
    -In AoI (the expansion) they will have a MUCH better ATP modifier, EX traps, and access to the S rank versions of all previously equipable weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-07-11 14:24 ]</font>

The Angels Demon

Very nice, definitely sounds like my class. Especially since I always play in a party. I'm a Level 5/Level 1 hunter right now. What do I have to do to be able to change my class to a PT?

The only con to the PT class, is the fact that it has the lowest stats out of all other Expert classes.
    Other than that, it gets lvl 30 Skills and Bullets, and when AoI rolls around, all the weapons you
    can equip will be promoted from A rank, to S rank.

The Angels Demon

Sweet deal (when does the expansion come out and will it be available for 360?) so What do I have to do to be able to change my class to a PT?

On 2007-07-11 14:37, KveerRaven wrote:
    Very nice, definitely sounds like my class. Especially since I always play in a party. I'm a Level 5/Level 1 hunter right now. What do I have to do to be able to change my class to a PT?
    Hunter 5, Ranger 5, Force 5.

My personal recommendation though would be not to change until you're at least lvl 60 and to level up ranger and hunter to 10 so you can "pre-level" your skills and bullets on Fortefighter and Fortegunner.

The Angels Demon

[quote]On 2007-07-11 14:47, TheBlackDeath wrote:
    Hunter 5, Ranger 5, Force 5.

My personal recommendation though would be not to change until you're at least lvl 60 and to level up ranger and hunter to 10 so you can "pre-level" your skills and bullets on Fortefighter and Fortegunner.
    Got it. So you recommend switching to FF and FG before going to PT? Well, looks like I have my work cut out for me. Now if I can just get my Wife to let me play, then maybe I'll have a chance to actually do this! Thanks.

On 2007-07-11 15:16, KveerRaven wrote:Got it. So you recommend switching to FF and FG before going to PT? Well, looks like I have my work cut out for me. Now if I can just get my Wife to let me play, then maybe I'll have a chance to actually do this! Thanks.
    If you want I can help you out with some HSM(Her Secret Mission) runs. Just hit me up with a FR(GT: TH3 B1ACK D3A7H).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBlackDeath on 2007-07-11 15:44 ]</font>

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

with regards to comments about heavy weaponry. Sabers, pistols and fists are very mobile.

Spears are not quite as mobile , but are the 'standard' in damaging weaponry.

Bows and lasers have range to make up for thier speed.

the job does not have to play out so slow, but it IS expensive. making good use of traps is pricey, but it's on of the most effective tools at your disposal.

you will also eat photon charges like candy

I haven't had that problem with charges, but then again I'm not a melee heavy PT.

something people forgot to mention about PTs in AoI is that their ATP is going to skyrocket, going from 80% to 110% this means if your atp at PT 10 were 400 now, in AoI it would be 550!! huge jump, right?

Also PTs get access to a new string of traps known as EX. and trap prices are going to drop. all that said, if you like the class now, you'll love it in the expansion.

But yeah the class is a lot of fun, but because of its low stats is very difficult to play effectively at lower lvls...but even as a female cast PT 35/5 I'm just a few lvls away from equipping grenade launchers, laser cannons and 9* sabers. so it's not too bad.