Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PT PA's

On 2007-07-16 04:06, Hrith wrote:
    You really fail.
    Why are people too proud to accept that the PAs they're using are not the best? That's so immature, huh.
    I dunno, maybe this means you should swallow your pride about redda & danga because you're completely wrong? Seriously the only argument you've got is making fun of me like some grade-schooler... sticks and stones and all.

Like I said initially... if you're limited on PA slots, skip Spinning Break, Gravity Strike, Anga Reddda, and Bogga Danga. They are worth picking up if you're not stuck for space because of the added flexibility for each of those weapons.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

PSO Assassin

as a career protranser, I find I'm much more focused on bullet arts than melee arts. in a full party my status effects are my most valuable asset, as well as while soloing. so I'd reccomend as few melee arts as possible in order to maximize your bullet selection.

lately all I use are Dus Daggas and Rising Strike. Daggas for heavy damage, and Rising Strike for crowd control.

handguns are very effective (dark has 5% damage from lvl 1 to 30), and I find alot of forces are using Gi techs lately so Rising Strike part 1 keeps the enemies from attacking and in the damage area of effect. the new frying pan saber is really cool IMO. with fire, lightning, earth or light handgun bullets it's alot of fun. the key here though is utility. with this setup you can establish status, eliminate enemy attacks and inflict damage while you reposition yourself.

Dus Daggas is my best damage dealer. I get alot of S2 Svaltus kill shots with this PA. it also destroys Adahna Degahna, and any other big multi-hit box monster. the spear circle strafe is an essential PT tactic. because of this weapon, I don't use axes or swords at all.

I'll prolly get alot of hate for saying this, but I don't think protransers need the axe at all. it's cool and fun, I will always own some, but I really haven't needed an axe in a dog's age. it's too slow, it burns alot of PP and I miss too much. I think there is an S rank armor to go with the 12* axe, which will be super powerful and basically solve the ATA problem, but until the expansion comes out with the new counter system and protranser S ranks I'd reccomend leaving the axe alone. with DoT bows and handguns used properly, you'll be doing more damage than any forte class would readily admit.

I kinda feel the same way about the sword. a shotgun can easily replace the sword but tornado break is a great cheap pa. and the Kan Yu is awesome. basically I won't use a sword much until the expansion comes out. I just don't like how it feels in battle.

I'd like to give a shout to knuckles, because they are a great weapon. not alot of people take the time to get good with these. in parties I find they are the most useful, because you can pile on alot of damage fast with the regular attack (assuming you have a quality set and know how to strafe the enemy properly). they allow great mobility and rarely miss, which makes them reliable for crowd control purposes. in parties I generally go for pop up rather than knockback, so knuckle arts work rather well. I find I use the first two parts of Bogga Robado and Bogga Zubba the most with these. usually I tend to focus on a single enemy when I use them, because it seems they were designed for that purpose. Bogga Danga works best on one big enemy (best way to make use out of the third hit, imo), as does Zubba. and the first part of Bogga Robado is great against stuff like koltovas.

so I'd reccomend efficient, useful PA's for melee weapons. cheap PP cost is a plus for protranser, especially if you plan on using a hard/power charge.

Dus Daggas - when you feel like hitting something

Rising Strike - general purpose

Bogga Zubba - when you want to make it easy for others to hit the enemy. alot like Rising Strike

Bogga Robado - good in parties, second part has same use as Rising and Zubba. easy on the third part.

so this is my PSU version 1 protranser melee list. once version 2 is out, everything changes. I'll level every art and all new weapon properties (more pp, ATA, ect.) might just make some weapons better than others. you may think this list is very limiting, but your bullets are what will really set you apart from the crowd.