Page 11 of 170 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Hmm. I am still quite confused; because a flat 50% boost to all ATP should be universally effective. It sounds like they're trying to interpret it relative to the enemies' stats, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And then there's armor to think about.

On 2007-07-25 16:00, Sounomi wrote:
    Took a bit to realize it but I think I know what they're talking about here. The elemental mod is applied to the total ATP and not just the weapon, right? So essentially, the higher your base ATP gets, the less of an impact the ATP from the weapon will have in the total degree of things. Likely, they've noticed that base ATP is getting to the point to where there's very little difference in damage between say a 9* and a 6* weapon of the same type. Since the 6* would be cheaper to make, it'd be easier to get a higher percent overall making that a more desirable way to go for many.

Eventually, the base ATP could get so high, that you could use C grade weapons as if they were A grade ones since the difference would be so small overall. Then you throw in how grinding can't break the weapon and it becomes all the more viable for that to happen since grinding adds more to C grade weapons than A grade ones and with no loss of a 50% weapon when grinding... yeah.

Likely what they'll do is make it so that the ATP of the weapon gets a greater boost than the rest of the total ATP figure. If they can do that, then maybe they'll do something like this with shield lines as well.
    As much sense as this makes, it sounds like a huge nerf to the effectiveness of high-percentage weapons and armor (although an armor nerf would be justified). Anyone know if they're recalculating the elemental modifiers of TECHNICs and bullets as well? And do you think it would be practical under the new system to allow weapons with elemental percentages over 50%, as in story/extra mode?

Man, all this elemental talk was giving me a headache but I think Sou got it. I'd read the Japanese site if it wasn't so filled with kanji that I didn't know, I only know like 100-200 kanji .
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

On 2007-07-25 17:43, Sekani wrote:
    As much sense as this makes, it sounds like a huge nerf to the effectiveness of high-percentage weapons and armor (although an armor nerf would be justified). Anyone know if they're recalculating the elemental modifiers of TECHNICs and bullets as well? And do you think it would be practical under the new system to allow weapons with elemental percentages over 50%, as in story/extra mode?
    No. The point of a nerf in this case would be to get rid of the sick overpowerdness, not simply move it.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

No. The point of a nerf in this case would be to get rid of the sick overpowerdness, not simply move it.
    Ideally, nerfed or not, there should still be a significant amount of effectiveness due to how ungodly hard a 50% weapon is to get.

Why undergo the trial and tribulation if the reward is insignificant?

On 2007-07-25 17:43, Sekani wrote:
    As much sense as this makes, it sounds like a huge nerf to the effectiveness of high-percentage weapons and armor (although an armor nerf would be justified).
    It'd nerf lower rarity gears by making higher ones better. The higher the star rating, the harder it is to make and thus the harder it is to get one with a high percent. Shouldn't the harder to get one be much better? That's usually not the case and this could fix that greatly.

On 2007-07-25 16:01, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    Wartecher
    Skills: Lv.30
    Bullets: Lv.10
    Attack TECHNICs: Lv.20
    Support TECHNICs: Lv.30
    * S-ranks: Twin Daggers, Daggers, Wands
    * A-ranks: Knuckles, Spears, Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Sabers, Claws, Photon Whips, Longbows, Handguns, Cards, Madoogs

Guntecher
    Skills: Lv.10
    Bullets: Lv.40
    Attack TECHNICs: Lv.30
    Support TECHNICs: Lv.20
    * S-ranks: Longbows, Twin Handguns, Handguns, Crossbows, Machineguns
    * A-ranks: Sabers, Daggers, Photon Whips, Slicers, Rifles, Shotguns, Laser Cannons, Cards, Wands, Madoogs
    FIX'D - (I wish)
    You forgot to give WT S-Rank Spear.

Also, my take on the 50% elemental ordeal is this. When I read over the google-translated jibberish, it seemed to me that they were trying to say that the elemental percent would be applied only to the weapon's ATP. As far as I know, as it goes now, the boost is applied to your total ATP (base+weapon+PA modifier). Now didn't they do something very similar with V1/2 of PSO? Something about changing photon percents to affect only weapon stats and not total stats, or something?

idklol, just my two cents.

I think that was the jump from v.2 to Ep I & II on the NGC.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Close enough.

wait what? GTs get 30 support and 20 attack, WTs get it the other way around x.X *asplodes*