Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast
    Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

On 2007-08-28 22:02, Fredrick wrote:
    On 2007-08-28 21:39, HaydenX wrote:
    There is no reason for there to ever be slowdown on the 360 version, but there is, whenever any object is destroyed (tree rock), and whenever there are 3 or more people performing any combat action versus a large number of mobs.
    Hopefully AOI will fix this. I have a feeling the game is designed to slowdown. Not so much that it's giving the 360 a hard time. (Slowdown is the same regardless if you're using SD or HD)

My theory is they put in some sort of slow down bumpers so it could run on the PS2 without freezing... and they were just too lazy to remove them for the 360 version. Or at least I hope that's what happened. Because if that's the case, it would be easy to fix.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-08-28 22:02 ]</font>
    The only problem with that is...it would cost money to do. I don't know if Sega would see it as profitable enough to do that.

They need to advertise AoI, seriously...or this game that we know and love (and hate) is fucked!
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

There is no reason for there to ever be slowdown on the 360 version, but there is, whenever any object is destroyed (tree rock), and whenever there are 3 or more people performing any combat action versus a large number of mobs.
    Hopefully AOI will fix this. I have a feeling the game is designed to slowdown. Not so much that it's giving the 360 a hard time. (Slowdown is the same regardless if you're using SD or HD)

My theory is they put in some sort of slow down bumpers so it could run on the PS2 without freezing... and they were just too lazy to remove them for the 360 version. Or at least I hope that's what happened. Because if that's the case, it would be easy to fix.
    Thats a weird way of looking at it. More likely than not, the game was just programmed badly, combined with all those dumb filters they tried adding to the 360 version to make it look "better" than the other versions. If they take off those filters, it'd probably run completely smoothly.

I like the idea of PSU on the Wii cause then it'd give Nintendo fans a chance at it, just like on gamecube. But with the Wiimote? Naw, the most complex task in PSU's controls is being able to navigate the start menu/pallets quickly. It just wouldn't suit the Wiimote, gamecube controller would be nice though.

Also, PSU runs badly sometimes because it's programmed poorly, like Itsuki-chan said. It's actually not too much advanced of a game, that's why even the 360 lags, when it has way more than enough power for PSU. If they fixed that up (hopefully will in AoI) it'd run with no/extremely minimal lag on PS2. I donno about you, but I never got any lag on PS2, maybe it's cause I have the slim version? 'Donno, just don't get lag much at all.

EDIT:

Oh hey, all you PSU PC players out there, how would this computer run PSU?

nVidia GeForce 7300 GT (256MB Ram)
    About 1300 RAM (Don't know exact number)
    2.01 GHz processor? (lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MalVR on 2007-08-29 09:29 ]</font>

On 2007-08-28 22:35, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Thats a weird way of looking at it. More likely than not, the game was just programmed badly, combined with all those dumb filters they tried adding to the 360 version to make it look "better" than the other versions. If they take off those filters, it'd probably run completely smoothly.

Well like I said... the slowdown is exactly the same no matter if you use SD or HD. And yes there is a huge difference in the strain put on the system between the two.

So that shows it has nothing to do with the 360 not being able to handle it. It's the way the game was designed to run. And btw the 360 doesn't have that many filters. No AA, and barely any AF.

I hope they add more for AoI. Like the distortion effect that you see when enemies respawn.... they could add that to the fire based techs. Also some lighting would be welcome. This is 2007. Bright red flames SHOULD make the surrounding area glow red. And flickering lights SHOULD make the surrounding area flash. But nope. Not in PSU.

Agreed @ Fredrick

So very agreed. The graphics in PSU are alright, maybe even "good", but -effect- wise, it's all very dull.

I hope the add a free roam mode.

Keep in mind that PSU was delayed many times. When you're in a massive hurry to get something out, you don't exactly have time to get it optimized for each platform, if even the main platform it's being developed for. They have stated that they've managed to fix alot of the slow problems but I guess we'll see.

On 2007-08-29 14:26, Sounomi wrote:
    Keep in mind that PSU was delayed many times. When you're in a massive hurry to get something out, you don't exactly have time to get it optimized for each platform, if even the main platform it's being developed for. They have stated that they've managed to fix alot of the slow problems but I guess we'll see.
    Well, that's good news, but PSU was delayed cause it was the first installment, they started from scratch, now all they're doing is adding levels, weapons and features, and fixing some of the programming flaws. Though, you're right, it still might be pushed back. Just less chance of that than PSU had.

Here's a little new info I just came across. This was published in this week's issue of Gemaga and Famitsu Connect!On.

First, the tickets required to move to each of the planets are called "move passes." (There's Move Pass Parum, Move Pass Neudaiz and Move Pass Moatoob.) These items are 10-stars each. Still no word on how they are obtained, though.

Also, we know now that synth rates will be going up. But, in the case of a failed synthesis, it looks like you'll actually be getting materials back. It says that certain materials will actually get bumped up a rank, too!

On 2007-08-30 07:48, EspioKaos wrote:

Also, we know now that synth rates will be going up. But, in the case of a failed synthesis, it looks like you'll actually be getting materials back. It says that certain materials will actually get bumped up a rank, too!
    What happens to the board?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-08-30 11:49 ]</font>

On 2007-08-30 11:49, Kion wrote:
    What happens to the board?
    No mention, unfortunately. It probably still disappears, though.