Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

they do suck yes thats my point exactly. couple that with the sythning and grinding its just bullshit.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

On 2007-07-22 13:30, Alamar wrote:
    anyone reply on other games and rares I know people have or are playing other games. what are rares like in other games?
    Those other games have other forums. Try asking there.

think i will try that
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Crimson, blood-stained wings

=.= you know...

100+ Plains Overlord runs...
    200+ PA frags later, I only have 2 cati-line boards to show for it. (mind you cati-line is 9* and not all that rare.. so I hear)

/kubara post

Veteran Fighter

I kinda learned my lesson during Easter regarding the bullshit rare hunting. Everyone though that by farming for that special item and expecting the Rappy to drop it and it didnt.

My guess is that we all really have to wait for the expansion to get any new and better weapons

maybe so Fufme maybe they will fix the drop rate. I could see the drop rate being that high if the weapon itself dropped. That would make sense to me. but to drop the board with that high a drop rate is just plain stupid.
    Carl Sagan

Crimson, blood-stained wings

On 2007-07-22 13:41, FUFME wrote:
    I kinda learned my lesson during Easter regarding the bullshit rare hunting. Everyone though that by farming for that special item and expecting the Rappy to drop it and it didnt.

My guess is that we all really have to wait for the expansion to get any new and better weapons
    Got mine after a single night of farming =D

PSO2 - MAHOU MOONLIGHT MSAksion's Avatar

I'm with Alamar - the drop rates for the ONE Knuckles, the ONE Shotgun, the TWO Double sabers, the ONE Broadsword, the TWO Magic staffs... all of these are INSANE.

The problem is right now there is Only one or two of something. Maybe if there were like half a dozen shotguns, a half a dozen magic staffs - maybe the drop rate for each of those was the same...

...but because there are SIX shotguns that drop there is six times the chance to find it. Also let's say there was a rucar and a crea double. Technicallly the Rucar is better than a crea. Why hunt a crea when there is something better? Once the next one higher is released everyone starts looking for that one right?

Another problem, the fact that it only drops in one or two places. This can be fixed when every place has an S2 that is over lvl 100+ enemies. For right now though everyone is just hunting and spamming the SAME mission over and over. But spamming = Boring. I want variety of missions a night, meaning only one or two times a place then move on.

I consider myself an above average gamer - timewise. With work and life i can ONLY put in about 4-6 hours a night for the past 9 months. Yet i myself have not seen an S board ever drop. I don't do the 15+ hours like some of my friends - that's prob why they are decked out with multiple rares.

So technically - only the most hardcore (read - no lives, no school, no jobs) will be rewarded. I guess that is fair. But if I myself who do 4-6 hours a day can't find anything, what will anyone who puts in far less hours have any chance? And statistically - i should have encountered something - but i've never even SEEN an S board drop.

Another problem, which it truly isn't one = its the fact that you have a bit of LUCK and RANDOM-ness to item distribution

Six People is 16% chance to get a Rare.
    Four is 25% chance
    Three is 33% chance
    Two people is 50%

The true bane of rare hunting is your friends. Yes i said it. Your friends are a liability. Or worse, a RANDOM may walk off with the item you wanted for sooo long and have grinded for sooo many hours. Your hard work and someone else gets rewarded - that is the most depressing disheartening unfair part.

But the S2 missions are insane and very time consuming and expensive if you can't SOLO. Again MMO is a party game yes and friends are more important but still.... that's my 2 meseta. Balance of friends and time = no rewards???

PSO2 - Ship02 - Mahou Moonlight,90 Techer 90 Force
    Artwork by CRIMSONSKYE - Dec 2018

On 2007-07-22 14:37, MSAksion wrote:

The true bane of rare hunting is your friends. Yes i said it. Your friends are a liability. Or worse, a RANDOM may walk off with the item you wanted for sooo long and have grinded for sooo many hours. Your hard work and someone else gets rewarded - that is the most depressing disheartening unfair part.

But the S2 missions are insane and very time consuming and expensive if you can't SOLO. Again MMO is a party game yes and friends are more important but still.... that's my 2 meseta. Balance of friends and time = no rewards???
    Thats why people make called parties with friends. Most missions generally have several S ranks that drop in them. If you play only with friends and each of you calls a rare you can assume that, being your friend, that person will give you the rare you called if it drops and does not go to you.

Resist/Demon++

On 2007-07-22 20:01, PMB960 wrote:

Thats why people make called parties with friends. Most missions generally have several S ranks that drop in them. If you play only with friends and each of you calls a rare you can assume that, being your friend, that person will give you the rare you called if it drops and does not go to you.
    Or if ur like me u hab no friends and do it your damned self /emo

That being said i have honestly never hunted for my rares.