Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah i know what you mean.... I been on PSU since day one and haven't seen an S rank board.
    And all my characters i play are close to lv cap >.< It bugs me how i been there since day one and seen no S board drop... And my friend has been playing like only for 3 months and has like 3 rank weapons... >.< Only thing i have found rare was a Black Heart and Puyo Aura >.< I now i just play just level my characters levels and Photon Arts and gave up on S boards. I just pray i found one at least before AOI comes out... Which i doubt it >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2007-07-22 23:01 ]</font>

I love this game

Lord of the Apocalypse NightHour13's Avatar

Never seen a rare board drop ever (besides the accursed scape doll board). Never seen anything rare besides synth items like olpad's and kubara woods. Notice im saying "never seen" meaning not only did I not see them but I have not even come close to getting one. Back in PSO hunting for rares was exciting and fun all the time for me, but now its like this:

Grind for Rare board: 2 days
    Grind for synth items needed to make weapon: 2 days
    PM: Not leveled enough - Failed; all is lost.

Next week same thing, only this time your PM is maxed out after a week of feeding it. Ahhh now the percent is 82% chance of success!!....FAILURE ANY WAY!!!

What the hell were they thinking when they thought of this. Did they get lazy with the creating of the rares that they just made a bunch of rare crap to make the few weapons they thought up? Back in PSO the weapons were fun, creative, interesting (some had stories) and most of all they were very functional. Now some of the rares are just a cut higher then the ones you can buy in a shop.

I guess this is revenge when people would shout " I found another 40 Varista's today. Sorry if I sound unstructured and gramatically incorrect - it's late and im tired.
    PSO Dreamcast, Gamecube and Blue Burst and on: Vizous; Level: Kick your ass

It's too easy to level to 90. The only real weapons that 95% of the players have are the 8 and 9 stars you can buy in the shop. It's getting boring. It's too hard to find fuck in this game and then you have to find the high rank materials PLUS succeed the synth to make anything.

At least in PSO, if you grinded for something forever you still could get XP while doing it. The good S2 missions in PSU have high level requirements and will put you at the 90 cap in no time. So, when you're not finding anything good, you're almost wasting your time. Sure, money is good and so are mats but what's the point if you can't use them for anything? I liked how in PSO, grinding any mission would yield SOME rare weapons that were non-purchasable via npc. In PSO, I actually found some shit (very proud of my Angel Harp and Sealed J).

In PSU, all I ever found ever, was one Two Headed Ragnus that came out with 12% Fire. I was level 80 for a very long time before I found it too. It's not that S Ranks should drop like Candy, but we're talking about 10 stars here with one synth per board (and will likely have low percentages anyway). The drop COULD be increased a little bit so that maybe out of 5-10 runs you'll get a board or two.

Lord of the Apocalypse NightHour13's Avatar

Well said Proff. Thats pretty much what I was trying to say, im glad your more awake then I am XD.

In closing, in my most radical opinion, Sega should just totally redo the rare system and just make them drop rare items that are fully made - no fleakin synthesizing EVERYTHING (healing items might be cool to synth if only them). If at least back then I liked laughing at the monsters who dropped the rares. First time I got a lavis cannon, and this is famous with my friends: What on earth was a red jello doing with a cataclysmic-apocalypse saber?!
    PSO Dreamcast, Gamecube and Blue Burst and on: Vizous; Level: Kick your ass

On 2007-07-22 13:35, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
    If you expect less then you'll get more. If you expect more, you'll get less.
    haha i so wish this were true. i grind and grind and grind all day. (not working atm) most of the time im the one in the party not yelling (PLZ SEGA DROP "wanted item" NAO!!!) or something like that. and in my whole experience of playing ive found a [B] Rabol lebfa a day after its release and last night after 20 hours of grinding PO and SW I got a [B] Svaltus Sword. And I might add that when i join those random partys its for exp/frags/meseta or cause i just feel like running and no friends are on atm. i do have friends i hunt rares with and we find nothing. but i mean to be in a random party and actually get the one rare that one time. then the party rags and hates on u cause some "random" came in and stole their rare. lol u want the rare- Lock and items on give finder. lol but yeah thats just my 2 meseta. (btw on ps2/pc servers thats all it feels like i have meseta wise lol)

Current Characters
    l_Will_l, Human Ma. (Lvl 50) HU12/ FF02- 360, Online
    l_Will_l, Cast Ma. (Level 150) RA11/ FG20/ GM20 - 360, Online
    l_Amanda_l, Newman Fe. (Level 50) FO10/ FT3- 360, Online
    l_Will_l, Beast Ma. (Level 82) HU10/ RA10/ FI3/ FF7/ FG10 - 360, Online

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

There's a reason why they are called "rare"
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

it only looks like you never get anything because you try so hard. just play the game for fun and not items and they will rain from the sky. my experience was 5 bil de vear horns on 3 missions...... c missions

yea thats true. but i think really ive noticed a pattern with the s rank drops it kinda goes like this:

already have several s ranks = s rank drops

just playing and not having any s ranks = sega bending u over and givin' it dry.

cause really thats all it feels like lol. if i dont have the money to buy a rare board off of someone or have another made s rank to trade off for a s rank board. then u have no chance in hell of getting an s rank. cause ive got over 2100 hours on my main and in that whole time ive found 2 s rank boards, 1 of which was an armor that i cant even make because ppl think that metapolymers are worth between 10min and 40mil

Current Characters

On 2007-07-23 11:16, Medic wrote:
    it only looks like you never get anything because you try so hard. just play the game for fun and not items and they will rain from the sky. my experience was 5 bil de vear horns on 3 missions...... c missions
    i dont think u quite got what i said. s ranks are the last thing on my mind when im playing. im just there to kill and have fun. ive always like the play style of these games since pso for dc was first released. im not here lookin for s rank, they are just an added bonus if i find one. but that very very very rarely happens. to me it seems like the ppl that find boards are the ppl that dont want that particular board. cause i always see someone wanting to trade a board for a complete weapon. and mats arent even 1/4 as hard to find as the board is but thanks anyways lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: l_Will_l on 2007-07-23 11:22 ]</font>

Current Characters