Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I find the female enemy newmans are only a problem because of how fast they move, especially then are against the walls and use that hax sliding speed movement thing (other enemies can do this as well but they are the most annoying with it).

If you just blitz em with fast damage they die pretty easily though, also if you have an Xbow, carry a knockdown melee weapon too. Shunbu, Buten or Rising Strike are all good (I prefer the Dagger PAs) as long as it knocks them down allowing you to pour more point-blank damage into them without them having a chance to move, cast Resta, or worse (imo) the Jellen. Even if the others try to Resta their friend you'll be doing so much DPS with the combo of point-blank Xbows and melee PAs that one you're targetting will be dead quickly anyways.

You can also use Burn Rifle on one at a time for a fast kill too, Rapid-firing it is even better. The flinching and RoF of Rifle barely gives one time to run away and the quick DoT of SE4 Burn damage will override any Resta assistance they get.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

On 2007-08-08 04:42, Gen2000 wrote:
    The song during the battle was the second opening theme song of Mai-Otome, instrumental version called "Crystal Energy".
    Mai-Otome, eh? That was the spin-off of Mai Hime, I think. No wonder I didn't know where the song was from. Man, I hated Mai Hime. Thanks, btw. I've got the song!

On 2007-08-08 07:47, Sekani wrote:

Boss never targets force during the entire battle, choosing to just stand there and take a ton of nosdiga spam to his rear end, wtf?
    pttf, that is what I m showing on the Video with description ...and yet you don't understand
    in brief, do as what I say in the video, and the boss will
    1. don't like to move anywhere much (reduce the move rate)
    2. don't target the other person (easy kill him)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-08-08 16:40 ]</font>

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Newmans are by far the 2nd easiest enemies in this mission, the #1 easiest being the boss himself, he's just a total pushover. I wish Magas was like that instead of getting that bottom part destroyed, he be WAY easier. The non-boss robots on the other hand are what really bothers me, especially when CASTs use Killer Shot because it doesn't knock back, so while us Fighters are meleeing, those robots blow up in our face before we have the time to run away. I guess the best thing for fighters to do is spam either Tornado Dance, Rising Crush, Anga Dugrega, Bogga Zubba, or any other knock back tech, it'll be best if these were the finishing moves so they don't blow up. I also like DoTs on those bots too, but yeah, I just hate it when the finishing blow is something that isn't a knockback on those robots.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

On 2007-08-08 16:35, Arika wrote:
    On 2007-08-08 07:47, Sekani wrote:

Boss never targets force during the entire battle, choosing to just stand there and take a ton of nosdiga spam to his rear end, wtf?
    pttf, that is what I m showing on the Video with description ...and yet you don't understand
    in brief, do as what I say in the video, and the boss will
    1. don't like to move anywhere much (reduce the move rate)
    2. don't target the other person (easy kill him)
    I am very familiar with the boss. The way it's supposed to work is that if you get behind him, he'll spin in place trying to target you while you rack up free damage to his backside.

The part that I have to wonder about is that he doesn't spin, meaning that he doesn't target you (or even try to target you) at all, just focusing completely on one person despite him not doing the most damage. This is something I have never seen or even heard of.

It's too much of a weird occurrence to be seriously considered as a strategy.

lol still don't understand?
    when you do what I told it will cause enemy AI to do that!!

well, "Sekani :I never seen it "
    because many people never know it, so I post it as a guide here. I already got a few PM that they success on following this guide too.

I guess you're talking about the "weak point targeting" thing, right? Tried it before, doesn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-08-09 08:49 ]</font>

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

On 2007-08-09 08:49, Sekani wrote:
    I guess you're talking about the "weak point targeting" thing, right? Tried it before, doesn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-08-09 08:49 ]</font>
    Arika play PC/PS2. Many diff'rent strategy there than here [360]. 360 has lots of teleport of boss. 360 CAN get beat boss easy, but only sometime. Sometime (most time! ^-^) he teleport and strategy doesn't work. Expeshally when left arm shot can kill with one shot of left arm.

he do warp a lot on PC/PS2 too, but my strategy is "whenever the rifle do enough damage to him ,it keep him stop from warp or moving "(as I mention in video ,it is 60-70% success, sometimes he still can warp)
    but well if you say AI on 360 is different , I don't know that I never try 360

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

If a ranger tries to aim at the sweet spot using first person, Adahna will shoot them and he will kill them (one hit kill, pretty much). He moves around a lot and teleports and shoots a lot in the S2 versions I've run. The only strategy that works well is to get behind him and lock in with either a spear or Nosdiga. But even this isn't fool proof as a lot of times, he'll rotate around a few times, then shoot his targeting missles (which you had better run from!) or teleport again. Every once in awhile, he'll spin so much that it's really easy to do, but this is a lucky break and doesn't happen often enough to be considered a strategy.